A Christmas Miracle Sorta

I almost stopped the video 15 seconds into it looking at the dude, but he turned out to be on point and gave a very informative and concise summary of the issue and lawsuit. I’m glad that I didn’t judge the book by its cover in this case.

I almost stopped the video 15 seconds into it looking at the dude, but he turned out to be on point and gave a very informative and concise summary of the issue and lawsuit. I’m glad that I didn’t judge the book by its cover in this case.
Dude may not look like a SEAL or a ninja warrior, but I'm guessing that few good firearms lawyers do. [laugh]

"Don't get strung out, by the way I look, don't judge a book by it's cover"

1518325OqVDWtkr.jpg

Dude may not look like a SEAL or a ninja warrior, but I'm guessing that few good firearms lawyers do. [laugh]
These all may be true. I tried watching this, but had to stop around 1:00. I don't care what he looks like to be honest. He's actually more believable the way he is. It is the way he talks. I can hardly understand a word he says, and have to keep winding it back to try to understand what it is he is saying. Plus, he talks way too fast for his voice. At least the picture at the beginning sums it up.

These all may be true. I tried watching this, but had to stop around 1:00. I don't care what he looks like to be honest. He's actually more believable the way he is. It is the way he talks. I can hardly understand a word he says, and have to keep winding it back to try to understand what it is he is saying. Plus, he talks way too fast for his voice. At least the picture at the beginning sums it up.
I had no problem with his speedy speech. Of course, I am a trained professional that had to take TOEFL in my 20’s, the toughest part being the listening comprehension part listening your damn Yanks talking about Eckerd drug stores, ordering pizza, and Boston Red Sox, all of which may as well have been from another planet to a Chinese kid.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language for your uninitiated lucky bastards who were born here.

Ha!!! He is an acquired taste. [laugh] I had trouble listening to him too at first. I even unsubscribed him at one point. I prefer 2A videos that are useful, concise and to the point. Too many 2A videos are big nothings with zero real applicability to MA.

But then I listened more and it turns out that the guy knows his stuff. I re-subscribed. [thumbsup]

Ha!!! He is an acquired taste. [laugh] I had trouble listening to him too at first. I even unsubscribed him at one point. I prefer 2A videos that are useful, concise and to the point. Too many 2A videos are big nothings with zero real applicability to MA.
But then I listened more and it turns out that the guy knows his stuff. I re-subscribed. [thumbsup]
I've forced myself to listen to it a couple times, and there is no doubt he knows his stuff and has good info. I just can't do it, and strain myself to listen. It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I've forced myself to listen to it a couple times, and there is no doubt he knows his stuff and has good info. I just can't do it, and strain myself to listen. It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
From YouTube: "Attorney Anthony Miranda also known as the "Armed Scholar", is a legal expert in the practice of firearm laws. Anthony currently works with national Second Amendment advocacy groups and formerly worked as in-house counsel for the Firearms Policy Coalition."

I liked that he worked with FPC (my single favorite pro-2A group). That carries a lot of weight with me. [thumbsup]

It is the way he talks. I can hardly understand a word he says, and have to keep winding it back to try to understand what it is he is saying. Plus, he talks way too fast for his voice. At least the picture at the beginning sums it up.

I have not watched that video yet, but playback speed can usually be adjusted - slower or faster. There is also often the option of "closed captioned" for those of us with crappy hearing, lame computer speakers, or both.

I would always prefer to just read an essay, rather than watch some yapping head.

I have not watched that video yet, but playback speed can usually be adjusted - slower or faster. There is also often the option of "closed captioned" for those of us with crappy hearing, lame computer speakers, or both.

I would always prefer to just read an essay, rather than watch some yapping head.
Yep. I find myself adjusting playback speed on almost all speech-style videos. Man, can that save time! [cheers]

Same with closed captioning, although the usefulness and quality can vary from fast and excellent to slow and buggy. Not sure why. 😬

OP: Posts video about ATF being stripped of its power to regulate frames and receivers.

NES: "Dude talks funny. Dude looks funny." Goes back to shitposting on covid and Twitter megathreads.

@240Geezer , good post. [cheers]

Will be interesting to see if this case indeed could later be applied to the pistol brace ruling.

Last edited:
This guy's videos are informative, but also are clickbaity as hell. You get titles like "Assault Weapons Bans Unconstitutional" only to watch the video and see that one county on the other side of the Erff declines to enforce a new state law. Yay win for them. Doesn't help us much though.

This guy's videos are informative, but also are clickbaity as hell. You get titles like "Assault Weapons Bans Unconstitutional" only to watch the video and see that one county on the other side of the Erff declines to enforce a new state law. Yay win for them. Doesn't help us much though.
You just described at least 90% of YouTube pro-2A videos. :(

OP: Posts video about ATF being stripped of its power to regulate frames and receivers.

NES: "Dude talks funny. Dude looks funny." Goes back to shitposting on covid and Twitter megathreads.

@240Geezer , good post. [cheers]

Will be interesting to see if this case indeed could later be applied to the pistol brace ruling.
funny how it correlates with the ATF letter that just was posted about that exact topic.

Back
Top Bottom