• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A chicken sandwich worth fighting for

Nothing to see here... just another day in America...

"America reels from national shortage of Popeyes chicken sandwich

You might have heard by now that Popeyes has released a new chicken sandwich. The Takeout has raved about it. Restaurant chains have either boosted or embarrassed themselves by arguing online over it. A large current percentage of your Twitter feed can’t talk about anything else.

Across the United States, Popeyes’ fried chicken sandwich has revealed itself as perhaps the last great cultural unifier, because people all over the country, from all walks of life, are having a hell of a time actually getting their hands on one."

https://thetakeout.com/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-national-shortage-1837474075

"People Are Freaking Out Over Popeyes Selling Out of Its New Chicken Sandwich

Over the past few weeks, discussion on social media has been dominated by chicken sandwiches. People were comparing different restaurants after Popeyes launched a new sandwich before the discourse devolved into madness. Regardless, Popeyes remained dominant: They reportedly got over $23 million worth of advertising for free off of social media hype alone. But this rise in popularitiy has had an unfortunate side effect for some.

... y’all good? Chick-fil-A, Inc. on Twitter

— Popeyes Chicken (@PopeyesChicken) August 19, 2019
As Dallas Eater reports, a chicken shortage is looming. A Dallas strip club has even lured patrons to its club by offering free Popeyes sandwiches to anyone who pays the entry fee, a particularly enticing offer as more and more restaurants struggle to keep up with demand.

People Are Freaking Out Over Popeyes Selling Out of Its New Chicken Sandwich

ETA... just noticed this is in the wrong forum, but it's only a matter of time until
the bullets fly, resulting in more calls for gun control/how could this have been prevented
and I can come back here and say... 'see, I told you so'. [banana]

Last edited:
A chicken sandwich worth fighting for

Is called a "Lobster Roll..."

iu

The only place I know where there is a Popeyes would be that big rest area just south of OOB on 95 in Maine.

They got nothing on chick-Fil-a. Well, other than being open on Sunday.

Sunday is the Lord's day and so they are closed as work should be minimized on that day. If you want it on Sunday, buy it on Saturday and put it in the fridge.

The only place I know where there is a Popeyes would be that big rest area just south of OOB on 95 in Maine.

There is a Popeye's on Northeastern's campus! And in Everett. Honestly, as a midwesterner, Church's Chicken is waaaaaay better than Popeye's.

Brookline Ave, Fenway and Drum Hill Rd. Chelmsford. I think there’s one in Worcester too. In case anyone wants to experience the above videos. Almost got attacked by a guy in the Fenway one who thought I cut him in line; the videos above do not exaggerate the passion felt by the diehard fans.

There is a Popeyes a few miles down the road from me. Good fried chicken, almost as good as I remember Church's Fried Chicken when I lived down south.

Along with failure to teach their workers "customer service" , "cleanliness", i see these "restaurants" also aren't training their employees in "deescalation" (it won't be long before one gets hit with the big lawsuit by the "people" that eats there, and the "employees" all end up in jail (or with a RAP SHEET for their "violence") it's 2019)

* i'll reserve posting my opinion of people that eat at fast food shacks.

Rt 16, Everett. On a blue moon, the wife will take a detour coming out of the city and get popeyes. My boy loves it.
Me too, but that crap gives heartburn.

That dude jumping through the drive-thu window is hilarious [laugh]. I wonder how many of those salmonella sammies they can put on an EBT card ?

Back
Top Bottom