a cheaper alternative for an AR precision stock?

paul73

NES Member
Hi,

i am just looking around, trying to see if there is anything new out there that is more or less similar to those 2:

I am not really inclined about spending $200+ on that, so, looking for something cheaper, with a cheek rest and an adjustable LOP in 15"-12" range. current stock i have maxes out at 13.5", and i would like it to be 14" at least. any ideas? i like RAPS, but, not sure. $170, still, too much.

precision stock $$$

Tac-Star makes something like that. I can not account for its quality.

Last edited:
Hi,

i am just looking around, trying to see if there is anything new out there that is more or less similar to those 2:

I am not really inclined about spending $200+ on that, so, looking for something cheaper, with a cheek rest and an adjustable LOP in 15"-12" range. current stock i have maxes out at 13.5", and i would like it to be 14" at least. any ideas? i like RAPS, but, not sure. $170, still, too much.
I doubt you will find one with 3" of range with out spending $ $$ or adding a spacer to the recoil pad if possible
Or something like this

i have both, the raps and luth-r and i love the lightness of the luth-r, both are solid buys for the price

of RAPS stock - it is worth to add a comment - it is quite convenient to use. When you pull that lever on the stock image below the stock pops out back - it is sprung pushed, the little wheel at the base can be turned to adjust how much it will extend back - so when you get to the prone position you can pull it and it will get into second position immediately, which is nice.

also makes me wonder if it may be worth of trying to place a much stronger spring into it, to see how it will handle recoil then, in an latch open position... hmm.

1620137414567.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom