• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a challage for any and everyone M240B

Ok so my team leader at the 82nd proposed a question to me that was asked of him but one of our higher up and apperintlly this is a mind bogaling question that no one here can see to figure out so if any one has any info or know someone who would plz pass the word on that an airborne infantryman is in need of help.

ok so the question "how many rifles does it take to suppress a M240B?" so like i said any info would be awsome thanks evryone "all the way!"

are you a private? it sounds like one of them n00blet jokes. i've never heard this one (16 years active duty come December). [rofl]

now go ask him where the PRC-E6 is.

I dunno, but you should probably go get some Chemlight batteries from your supply and grab the Humvee keys from your 1st Sgt.

Make sure you post the answer when you find it.

The question is so vague and leaves so much room for interpretation that it would really be impossible to give you an answer. You can kill the gunner with one well placed shot from one rifle, technically speaking. I don't know if there is some magic formula for suppressing medium machine-guns, I've never heard one and I've been an 0331 for going on 5 years.

Mike

Last edited:
You don't use a rifle to suppress a 240, you use a suppressor.

FA72MG_ghost_xlarge2_24465.png

Now go get me the keys to the damn 5 ton.

I dunno, but you should probably go get some Chemlight batteries from your supply and grab the Humvee keys from your 1st Sgt.

Make sure you post the answer when you find it.

Mike

You forgot about the wireless extension cord

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I dont get it. Suppression is subjective to the shooter not the firearm. The weapon isnt gonna be the one to decide when the shooter will put his head down

I mean, technically I believe a weapon system is "suppressed" when incoming fire is greater than it's rate of fire. so if the 240 is 650 to 850 round a minute (or is that the SAW?) and an m4 is 60 Rounds a minute... ish. Than 15? If this is a new guy joke I've never heard of it before. Now go get me a box of grid squares and an ACOG battery; also, Get a PRICKY-6 form from you Squad leader.

I mean, technically I believe a weapon system is "suppressed" when incoming fire is greater than it's rate of fire. so if the 240 is 650 to 850 round a minute (or is that the SAW?) and an m4 is 60 Rounds a minute... ish. Than 15? If this is a new guy joke I've never heard of it before. Now go get me a box of grid squares and an ACOG battery; also, Get a PRICKY-6 form from you Squad leader.

The cyclic rate of the two platforms are comparable. The rate of fire that matters is the sustained and rapid rate. I've seen 1800 rounds put through an HK416 at more or less the sustained rate of an M240 with no problems, the last 600 rounds the hand-guards started to get a bit warm though. The big advantage you will have with the M240 is the range. I've seen targets engaged out past 1000 meters pretty consistently.

I really don't think that is what the question is asking though, and I don't really understand it.

Mike

The answer is Zero......... We all know that rifles are inanimate objects and can perorm no function without an Operator. so the question is a trick... Rifles dont suppress M240B's,shooters do.

i still have some chemlight batteries from when i was in.... should i have taken them home or is there some law against that... i mean, it's a consumable... didn't have to sign for em..... please advise....

i still have some chemlight batteries from when i was in.... should i have taken them home or is there some law against that... i mean, it's a consumable... didn't have to sign for em..... please advise....

Always running out of chem light batteries. We've had to just start refilling them with starboard running light fluid. Damned Continuing Resolutions, no budget, you know...

You should have joined the Air Force. You wouldn't have to worry about this stuff. You would instead be fetching a couple gallons of prop wash and 50 yards of flight line.

Back
Top Bottom