A Case of Corona Pool

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
The CDC updates their website with Coronavirus case #’s weekdays at noon. They close out the numbers at 4pm the day prior. So on Monday 3/16 they will give the number of cases reported by 4pm 3/15 (today).

On Friday the number was 1,629.

Post your best guess.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
CDC updated the website.
  • Total cases: 3,487
  • Total deaths: 68
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 53 (49 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)
An increase of 1,858 cases, or 114%.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Wow so which state has 0 cases?
WV I believe. Last I checked they had tested 31 people, 26 negative, 5 pending. but that was 2 days ago

ETA: just checked. 41 tested, 38 negative, 3 pending

I was teasing my cousin that all the toxic dumping that has happened there over the last 50 years is the perfect deterrent to this virus.

BTW, her school had a trip to Europe last week she was supposed to be on. She didn't go because of a court date for the guy that attacked her mother. All who went on the trip are self - quarantining

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Alaska and West Virginia both say "none" on the CDC map but NY Times says Alaska has one case.
Alaska had it's first case last week

Alaska announced its first case of COVID-19 on Thursday (March 12). The case occurred in a foreign traveler who developed fever and respiratory symptoms shortly after arriving in Anchorage on March 11, according to a statement from Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy. The person arrived on a cargo flight and went to a hotel in the city shortly before developing symptoms, according to Anchorage Daily News.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
It's very early in the cycle. Dr. Fauci was interviewed about "Worst Case Scenarios" and said that's very unlikely to occur, but things are going to get worse for a while.

There are 33 cases thus far in Boston and 197 in MA. 100 of those cases originated at the BioGen conference Feb 26-27. That's bad news both for Boston where it was held (at the now-closed Marriott Long Wharf) and for the majority of those attending, who live outside of Boston and presumably spread it to their communities.

The South Koreans acted early and had the outbreak pretty under-control at 30 cases. Then "Patient 31" exposed over 2,400 people. There are still people who attended the BioGen conference who have not been tested, so it seems more likely than not case growth will continue.

Anyone know how long the disease usually takes to run its course?

Top Bottom