A camp Grill for the Get Together...

Ok, so I was able to find a good camp grill for when we all meet up for the shooting and camping get together.

So, for the ones that are going to camp, I'll have dinner under control.

grill.jpg

There's one in Cocoa Beach. Saw it (and shopped there!) when I was down with my wife for her test flights in '03.

Besides, I didn't know if Piggly-Wiggly's have shopping carts. [lol] [lol]

Do they, Tony? [twisted]

Ross

My family used to stop at Stuckey's for ice cream when we drove down to FL in the 60's and early 70's.

My wife and I stopped in one somewhere between Orlando and Tampa about 10 years ago and turned right around and left. What a rat hole. Some things are better left as memories. [cry]

Ross

Amen to that. The ONLY thing we bought at Piggly Wiggly was canned goods. They were always cheaper than everywhere else. Bought a LOT of stuff from Safeway, especially meat.

I know that the Piggly Wiggly's are still around in Wisconsin, I have a buddy up there that's always talking about them. And they were all over Mississippi when I was there in College, haven't heard that they are down.

And there's a Winn-Dixie near my Grandma in Louisville.

Stuckey's, we used to stop there for thier pralines.

C-pher said:
And there's a Winn-Dixie near my Grandma in Louisville.

Thought I heard that Winn-Dixie was in financial trouble and not competing very well these days.

C-pher said:
Stuckey's, we used to stop there for thier pralines.
Never really liked pralines; my family were serious ice cream addicts, though. We used to start out drives by stopping at the HoJo's in Paterson, NJ (just before getting on the Garden State Parkway) for ice cream... at 6 AM. Dad, my brother and I used to get some weird looks, I'll tell ya.

But what better time for ice cream?

Ross

Nickle said:
I haqven't seen a Winn-Dixie in a LONG time. Didn't know they were still in business.

They still seemed to be going strong when I was in Florida last year. Pretty much the only gamein town a lot of places.

Ken

Actually was in a Piggly Wiggly several years ago in S Carolina. They were selling bales of hay out front for $1 and they had ash trays at the end of every aisle.
My friends and I took pictures of ourselves smoking in front of the produce, in the bread aisle and by the meats... Ahhh the wonders of living somewhere that lives or dies based on the tobacco crop.

Back
Top Bottom