a bunch of guns for sale

I concur that we need location in the ad titles. But it isn't like there are thousands of ads to wade through. I'd like to know if a gun is no Bristol County or WBF, MA or another state. It would be helpful.

THAT said, I think my northern-state brethren can agree that you're talking a huge disparity in the first place on NES. Total population of RI/ME/NH (CT and VT don't get a lot of play here) is 3.75M people. Total. mASS - 7mil. Almost double IN state than out of state. It's a safe bet that if you see something for sale, it's in MA. 2/3 of the time, it's a sure thing. In fact, if you live out-of-mASS, your odds of a gun being in your state is down to about 1 in 10.

Again, I'd love to see location in ad titles, but it isn't like there are a pile of ads.

Maybe we can get a ammo section added so I can look for actual accessories instead of overpriced ammo and ammo no one uses worth a shit.

I've been looking for a new to me pistol for a while and while I found some OK deals locations would be great as well. I'm not going to drive two hours for a meh deal. Just don't have the time for that.

Monday morning rant Part Deux:

I'll limit it to 2 points this morning.

I think we need a new section in the classifieds called "All Things Glock". All handguns, magazines, other accessories, Glock AR pistol lowers, etc. can go there and clean up the other subforums.

Did we have another Sandy Hook? Apparently .22LR blasting ammo is worth nearly 9¢/round now. [rolleyes]

I'd like to see better selection and lower prices... [rofl2]

Oh, and Groupons...
People can ask what they want for their stuff but yea, I get a kick out perusing the classifieds and what some people think their shit is worth. I have bought and sold a lot of stuff over the years and what I have learned is one, your gonna take a hit unless you have some really ultra rare or historical piece, two you gotta price it to sell, and three sometimes you Got to sweeten the pot with some ammo or an accessory, pay transfer fee..something like that.

Monday morning rant Part Deux:

I'll limit it to 2 points this morning.

I think we need a new section in the classifieds called "All Things Glock". All handguns, magazines, other accessories, Glock AR pistol lowers, etc. can go there and clean up the other subforums.

Did we have another Sandy Hook? Apparently .22LR blasting ammo is worth nearly 9¢/round now. [rolleyes]
What? Im seeing tons of .22 at WM. Always in stock. Doubtful that they are gouging, but havent checked prices either.

Monday morning rant:

5 of the six newest ads in Handguns are Glocks + several bumps.

In another ad I was curious about the asking price but seller edited out the price with SPF. If you're going to do that, go all in and edit out the whole ad.

Okay, certain popular calibers of ammo are in short supply and people seem willing to pay 75-100% more than its shelf or bulk price on Feb 1. But asking that big a markup for Combloc calibers seems a stretch.

If we’re talking 762 x 39 it’s because the entire channel is blown clean right now. I’ve been helping am FFL friend out and while other stuff comes in, there’s not much to be had in the way of 7.62 x 39. Also recently like literally 4 people in one day came in looking for it, when that many on the prowl that means things are dry. That means when you do find it, it’s going full cosby....

I concur that we need location in the ad titles. But it isn't like there are thousands of ads to wade through. I'd like to know if a gun is no Bristol County or WBF, MA or another state. It would be helpful.

THAT said, I think my northern-state brethren can agree that you're talking a huge disparity in the first place on NES. Total population of RI/ME/NH (CT and VT don't get a lot of play here) is 3.75M people. Total. mASS - 7mil. Almost double IN state than out of state. It's a safe bet that if you see something for sale, it's in MA. 2/3 of the time, it's a sure thing. In fact, if you live out-of-mASS, your odds of a gun being in your state is down to about 1 in 10.

Again, I'd love to see location in ad titles, but it isn't like there are a pile of ads.
Agreed, I would love to see either titles in ads or an MA-specific classified section.

I would love to see the classifieds broken up to states. Then also maybe broken up to semi and non semis in handguns and riles.

I think it would make it a lot more usable for people in free states. And also, less depressing for us in locked states seeing what other people are selling things for.

I 'd really like to see a "Free State" section in the classifieds. Either that or a Ma. only section. (After all, this is Northeast Shooters, NOT Massatwosheets Shooters)

Nothing against you guys but looking is useless because dam near everybody violates the rule to list their state in the post title.
Apparently the mods gave up on enforcing that one. While I'm at it, when you've got FOUR PAGES OF BUMPS, it's pretty obvious nobody's interested.
Take your ball and go home.[angry2]
Thought I was the only one. You caught my curiosity. I searched to see what I could find as the oldest post in handguns because I have seen a few, over and over again. Saw one from 2018, clicked on it. Down the bottom were related posts. Turns out he has been trying to sell the same one since 2013?! I hope I never purchase something either so unwanted or have such a high opinion of (price?).

I would love to see the classifieds broken up to states. Then also maybe broken up to semi and non semis in handguns and riles.

I think it would make it a lot more usable for people in free states. And also, less depressing for us in locked states seeing what other people are selling things for.
What makes you think that folks would post in the correct state forum?

l know it’s asking a lot. I guess I am just an optimist.

but I would guess that all of the NH or RI people trying to sell things like Glocks at free state prices spend a lot of time telling Mass buyers they can not sell to them. Would probably make them less likely to want to post.

i Would also suggest a separate classified section specifically for Floor-Bert parlour rifles and possibly allow for posting of Quackenbush. As this would be a high volume / high turn over, I suspect there may not be a need for state designation.

I'm from out of state, and very, very few indicate they will ship so my input is irrelevant.
But what does annoy me is looking through the listing and seeing 5 posts from the same seller, all in a row, selling multiple guns. Maybe a policy like "a seller can only have two postings at a time" would help.
Gives other posters some space on a page.
Just sayin'....,

Right, since the policy says "Post location" and people can't follow that. And, "WTT/WTS" for individuals vs. the "Dealer section", where certain dealers continue to post 5 or 6 guns in the "private" forum. Almost as annoying as Armslist with everyone stating "FFL transfer required". Since when? If I wanted to buy from a dealer, I'd go to their shop. I've tried looking here again for purchases, and got tired of wading through out-of-state and dealer ads. :rolleyes:

Probably too much to ask for from the Admins but how hard would it be to put a state selection right in the title.

(select state with drop down MA, NH, RI, CT, ME, VT)
Then the header of each add says the state first followed by whatever is being sold.

ot would make is so if it’s not in a state you want to deal with you don’t even need to click on the link.

Back
Top Bottom