a bunch of guns for sale

It's hit or miss typically. I scored some non-rape 9mm yesterday to bolster my woefully inadequate stock. 600 rds. at .16 a rd. One thing I've learned from this "community" is that people have no problem making a quick buck off those newer to it or without the funds to buy by the case. It's of course done under the guise of "capitalism" or "supply and demand", so it's just accepted. People trying to flip their Walmart scores for 3X what they paid can suck an egg. No honor amongst thieves, I suppose.
Its just accepted because people are willing to pay. If someone out there is willing to pay 3x the going price for some Walmart ammo then it would be foolish to not take his money. Nothing makes me happier than buying a gun locally for $300 and selling it on Gunbroker or wherever for $850. As long as there are people willing to buy I'm always happy to help.

...would be nice if by policy we just put the state in the title.
people don't follow policy well. but i agree, it is maddening reading an ad only to find out the state it's in isn't convenient. maybe just breaking down guns for sale into separate threads by state? i dunno.

I 'd really like to see a "Free State" section in the classifieds. Either that or a Ma. only section. (After all, this is Northeast Shooters, NOT Massatwosheets Shooters)

Nothing against you guys but looking is useless because dam near everybody violates the rule to list their state in the post title.
Apparently the mods gave up on enforcing that one. While I'm at it, when you've got FOUR PAGES OF BUMPS, it's pretty obvious nobody's interested.
Take your ball and go home.[angry2]
Im guilty of that but a few items eventually sold. Sort of like LGS keep those rack of guns of rifles that have been there for years and the prices only go up.
Theres a few older gun shops in my area that have guns i looked at 25 years ago.

Totally ser

very serious, but my hill is in the DPRMA. I keep my eye on the classifieds regularly. I am not a LEO and simply cannot handle the glock experience- paying MSRP in a LGS.

I need one simply because our asshat leftivist AG is a twat.
Wh
Totally ser

very serious, but my hill is in the DPRMA. I keep my eye on the classifieds regularly. I am not a LEO and simply cannot handle the glock experience- paying MSRP in a LGS.

I need one simply because our asshat leftivist AG is a twat.

Gotta do your homework. PM sent.

I'd like to see better selection and lower prices... [rofl2]

dream-on.gif

people don't follow policy well. but i agree, it is maddening reading an ad only to find out the state it's in isn't convenient. maybe just breaking down guns for sale into separate threads by state? i dunno.

People dont read ads well. Or at all.
I generally always post where im located in the ad header and in the description text. Yes twice

Whats the first question I get?
Yup
Where are you located?

I dont get many lowballers cause im realistic to the market and usually a firm price.
People lowballing me are litterally idiots because I can and will trade for more money than they are trying to get the gun for. I never reply to stupidity.

Whats the first question I get?
Yup
Where are you located?
lol, yeah, me too! even though if i sell something i always say i'll meet you for hand off in the four seasons parking lot so the buyer knows where i am and where they're going to get the thing. which brings me to another classified peeve (and going off topic) is if i sell something i expect the buyer to come to me just as if i'm the buyer, i travel to where the item is. and trust me, i've traveled a fair distance several times to get what i want. as a seller i do not deliver. i am not grubhub.

I never reply to stupidity.
i do. some people just don't know. and honestly, i sometimes will throw out a lowball. as i had one guy say to me after a ridiculously low offer, "hey, i had to ask." i couldn't argue with his logic so i use it sometimes. [laugh]

Wait 'til after this virus pandemic is over, and a bunch of us will get together and give you a "groupon" (or is that "grope-on"). [rofl]
Lol. Can't tell if this was said in affection or antagonism...
"Oh, bother..." said Pooh

1585582227763.png

I rarely ever look in the classifieds, but just for a laugh I perused a bit after reading this thread.
There's some things still posted for sale that have been bumped and bumped again since 2016 [shocked]

There’s a rifle from 2014 that gets bumped periodically.

Expect to see an epic wave of a new in box guns flood the market this fall.

But they're all going to be everyday pedestrian, lower-end and middle of the road 9mm's, .380's, .38's, 12ga pump guns and some lower priced AR's.
Noting unique, rare or collectible will end up at the gun shops unless grandpa dies and they find the stuff he had stashed away.

i do. some people just don't know. and honestly, i sometimes will throw out a lowball. as i had one guy say to me after a ridiculously low offer, "hey, i had to ask." i couldn't argue with his logic so i use it sometimes. [laugh]

I generally dont lowball people unless the thing is way above market or has been sitting unsold forever and I really want it.
Also if its an in production gun that is overpriced to with 50 dollars of a new one. Guess what. Im buying the new one.

People here all the time trying to sell guns that you can buy online new all day long for less than they are listing.

But they're all going to be everyday pedestrian, lower-end and middle of the road 9mm's, .380's, .38's, 12ga pump guns and some lower priced AR's.
Noting unique, rare or collectible will end up at the gun shops unless grandpa dies and they find the stuff he had stashed away.
Almost certainly, but depending how things go in the next months I suspect people (rubes) will not only be buying "whatever is in stock" but also depending on the economic fall out I suspect there are going to be people cleaning out the safe getting rid of collectibles and stuff they don't shoot for cash.

I will make an offer usually because i don't have the amount the seller is asking for and wtf, you never know. With that said if the seller is asking for 1200, i do not say hey ill give ya 800 cash. Those are the people that annoy me. At least be in the ball park.

in the classifieds. we don't need no stinkin' gun shops in our hour of need. seriously, a ton of new stuff is up for sale now, the most i've seen since i've been on nes. some good stuff, some junk. something for everybody. how many posts a week we see about people crying about getting ar's? seems like 2 pre-bans go up daily. no excuses now. want a decent handgun, tons of them are popping up every day too. i've seen some good prices, too. just sayin'
I am looking for a Flobert Rifle. Do you know where I can find one?

As far as stating your location, that's great, but if it's not in the title that's the annoying thing - a waste of time when you have to read it just to tell it's in the wrong state.

As far as price, I don't know what to think - sometimes I think it's just the same fools who post here about it being impossible to find ARs and Glocks, they pay full retail at the local gun shops and think its giving someone a deal to knock $100 off with some junk glass thrown in, other times I think its just people preying on the same folks who just don't know better.

Myself if its basically new and I can buy it without paperwork, 15% lower than the lowest available price today is worth it. For something showing any wear I want 30% or more off that price, I don't buy that currently available guns forever hold their value - but then I do not often strike a deal on 2nd hand guns either.

Monday morning rant:

5 of the six newest ads in Handguns are Glocks + several bumps.

In another ad I was curious about the asking price but seller edited out the price with SPF. If you're going to do that, go all in and edit out the whole ad.

Okay, certain popular calibers of ammo are in short supply and people seem willing to pay 75-100% more than its shelf or bulk price on Feb 1. But asking that big a markup for Combloc calibers seems a stretch.

As for how guns are priced, if I think the seller has something close to a good price, I'll make an offer no more than 10% less. More than that is bordering on or is lowballing. If the gun is really overpriced, I'm not going to lowball to the actual market price.

Monday morning rant:

5 of the six newest ads in Handguns are Glocks + several bumps.

In another ad I was curious about the asking price but seller edited out the price with SPF. If you're going to do that, go all in and edit out the whole ad.

Okay, certain popular calibers of ammo are in short supply and people seem willing to pay 75-100% more than its shelf or bulk price on Feb 1. But asking that big a markup for Combloc calibers seems a stretch.

As for how guns are priced, if I think the seller has something close to a good price, I'll make an offer no more than 10% less. More than that is bordering on or is lowballing. If the gun is really overpriced, I'm not going to lowball to the actual market price.
Unfortunately, sometimes sellers put a ridiculously high price on something because

A. They were stupid and paid too much
B. They know that they are going to be lowballed and factor that in to the starting price
C. Some rube might actually pay it

I sold 2 Glocks last week at or near asking price literary hours after listing because they were priced right. Legitimate buyers still recognize value when they see it....

Back
Top Bottom