• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A bit upset with the diamondhead sight company.

First and foremost, let me start this by saying that i love these sights. They are amazing.

These things arent cheap. Compared to Magpul sights, the price on these is just obscene. What gets me is that i cant sight them! For $200+, you would figure that they would come with a way to adjust them. Hell, the $80 mag pulls come with a front sight tool. Now I have to wait to have a sight adjustment tool (another $5-$10) in order to zero them in.

IMG_20140628_132507_305.jpg

Another point in MagPul's favor... I lost the front sight tool that came with mine. I contacted them and not only did they send me another one for free, but they also included a second one (I requested the second one, just in case) along with some stickers and 5 PMag dust covers (couldn't find them anywhere at the time)... ALL for FREE! Plus, the entire set arrived within a few business days.

IMO, unless the sights use a commonly available tool for adjustment, the tool should be included with them. Making you pay extra to get the adjustment tool says a lot for their philosophy on 'customer service'...

Now I have to wait to have a sight adjustment tool (another $5-$10) in order to zero them in.

They use a proprietary sight adjustment tool? That would be a deal breaker for me for sure.

I like their rails though.

My Magpul tool fits Troy sights, I am not sure why they dont fit Diamondhead sights. Well, i already ordered the Diamondhead tool from Amazon, so I will have to deal with it.

Weird. I have Diamondhead flip ups on mine and I didn't use any special tools. And looking around in the interwebzzz, I don't see anything about anyone needing a special tool either. Do you have an older set of sights, maybe? Maybe their older sights required a proprietary tool for adjustment?

Weird. I have Diamondhead flip ups on mine and I didn't use any special tools. And looking around in the interwebzzz, I don't see anything about anyone needing a special tool either. Do you have an older set of sights, maybe? Maybe their older sights required a proprietary tool for adjustment?

Agreed. They even sell a universal M4 sight tool on their website (on the same page as your sights no less). Definitely strange.

Never worked with a diamond head sight but any other AR type front needs the 4 pronged tool to adjust the post for elevation. I use Troys and MagPul and of course it's the same for barrels utilizing a FSB. The rear can be moved with the tip of a bullet if the detent sticks out too far.

So it's a standard A2 style front sight post? The best tool for that is a pencil with a good eraser on it. Jam the eraser over the post, hold down the detent with the tip of a bullet or something, and turn.

The metal sight tools with the "prongs" all pretty much suck IMHO. I think I've tried them all at this point. The one from Compass Lake sucks the least but a plain old pencil is way better.

So it's a standard A2 style front sight post? The best tool for that is a pencil with a good eraser on it. Jam the eraser over the post, hold down the detent with the tip of a bullet or something, and turn.

The metal sight tools with the "prongs" all pretty much suck IMHO. I think I've tried them all at this point. The one from Compass Lake sucks the least but a plain old pencil is way better.

Good tip, thanks!

I use 2 different tools for the front sight, a troy and a bcm. Pretty much the same on the business end and seem to work well for me. I believe in the day, both sights were designed to be moved with just the tip of a bullet but it seems things evolved to the point where that doesn't work on my ar style fronts. But no wrong or right way to move them as long as the job gets done.

I ended up doing a variation of what Jason's said. Worked like a charm. It took a while, but I got it sighted. These sights are amazing. The following picture is at around 100 ft.

IMG_20140701_191533_345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom