• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A big OOPS at the range today!

I see the stuff all the time and ignore it. Not my business. If it is a friend or someone who asks my advise on something, that's a different story and I'll privately and casually mention it to them.

+1 I mind my own f-ing business unless I am asked, then I will give my "opinion" on the matter. [smile]

The only thing surprising about the OP's story is that ARC was packed. I've been a member there for going on 2 years and every time I shoot there it feels like my own private range. It's always a ghost town.

Yeah that was a little surprising. There was a class going on in the indoor people shooting on the two pistol ranges and the rifle range was almost full!

-DM-

I wish I could find my club's range empty.
I wish my club's range was not filled with people so interested in my rifles and equipment.
I bought a Galil in PA and dutifully removed the lug, installed a brake in place of the FH and pinned the stock and I STILL have a line of guys telling me I'm gonna do time and discredit the club for having an illegal assault weapon.
I tell them I submitted my FA10 to the Party, I mean the State, almost a year ago and no one has come for me yet.
That said, I commend you act of honesty.

Good job working out the return. But as other have said, no need to comment on other people's guns. I see P-mags just about every time I go to the range, but I would never say anything. For all I know the good could be LEOs, either way, I could care less.

+1 I mind my own f-ing business unless I am asked, then I will give my "opinion" on the matter. [smile]

Unless the person is unsafe, or posing a potential threat to themselves or others (safety issues), what they do or have is their own business..

I have never been overly concerned about the prospect of a drive by bayonetting. Or the potenital of somebody pinching the web of their hands while folding up a stock (ouch!).

I think we all agree with the MYOB, but if you read his post carefully, the OP was asked by the rifle owner for his opinion. +1 to Dick for giving it.

I won't blow Greg's cover by stating that he is among the nicest people I've met here on NES...He really is a dick...

I have a habit of leaving things behind. So far, not a gun. But I did leave a Nikon 400 EDIF and an 80-200 2.8 on a gravestone in Stockbridge Cemetery a number of years ago. I had been doing a shoot there in the late afternoon and realized I had left my lenses behind about 2 minutes before my midnight-10am shift at a psychiatric supported housing program. Thankfully, the 4-12 staff was very understanding and covered for me as I raced from Pittsfield to Stockbridge in a light rain to find both my lenses, glass down and rear covers on sitting where I left them.

With that, I am super paranoid about leaving a gun behind - especially when I load my car with several, so I have become almost OCD about walking the range and have even pulled my car over several times to check if everything is accounted for....

I check and double check everytime I leave the range and I still have lost - 2 hats, 2 thermos, and couple cleaning supplies.

Good for you making sure you found its home again.

It worries me that people who frequent bars so much are at the range.

I sincerely hope that is sarcasm. If not I will not feed this troll any further.

As to the OP +1 to you for getting the rifle back to the rightful owner. As far as the AWB issue I will comment if I get the impression the person just doesn't know. If I think they are being civilly disobedient at their own risk I ignore it and pretend I didn't notice.

As much as I try to double check my stuff when leaving the range I could see that happening. There are always guys to say goodbye to and making sure I've got all the accessories (ears, eyes, stapler, brass)... man stuff happens.

Good of you to track them down like that. Better your post is in "General Discussion" rather than "Classifieds - WTS rifle"!

Good on you.

Rich

It would depend on what gun and accessories you leave there Rich...forget that Mosin or the binos and they're gone forever! [laugh]

Joe R.

I almost left a gun at the range once. Almost. Now I check like 5
times to make sure I have everything.

As far as caring about whether or not someone else's stuff that I see is legal or not, not only no way, but no f-ing way. Not my problem. It might even be perceived as insulting, frankly.

-Mike

His AR could of been a pre-ban lower in which case it is legal to own the extras. And I do find it extremely odd that the place was packed. Iv been a member there for 3 years now and the only time I have seen it packed was during the Agawam PD training they did one day into the night.

I also thought that flash hiders are legal in Mass as long as they are not detachable. Meaning they have to solderd on.

I also thought that flash hiders are legal in Mass as long as they are not detachable. Meaning they have to solderd on.

FH is still an "evil feature", regardless of attachment method. The only thing
permanent attachment does is:

-negate the barrel thread issue; (eliminates the threads as an evil feature in the count)

-make the rifle length long enough (if needed).

Obviously on a preban rifle, as Carl B. would say, "none of this matters" (except the length issue, of course. )

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom