• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A big brother for my Webley

Picton

NES Member
Well, at long last, I found an uncut Mk VI at a reasonable price so that I can make my Israeli War Finish Mk IV .38 jealous. The only issues are the finish, which is very dull and a bit brownish (though not as bad in person as the photos show), and some cracking on the grips near the lanyard ring. Internals are all VERY nice; I just got the bore and chambers all swabbed out and they really shine. Rifling is nice and crisp, but my photo skills aren't up to much in showing it off.

Having only dealt with my rattly .38, I'm amazed at how well put-together this thing is. It's got a much more solid feel to it overall, and everything is crisp and sharp despite its 1916 date. I can see now why the good folks at Webley felt it was important to stamp "War Finish" on their WWII examples; if this Mk VI was what people thought a Webley should feel like before the war, the Mk IV .38 would have been a crashing disappointment.

All in all, this is a fine shooter that I've been waiting a long time for. Now it'd be nice if I could track down something to shoot through it...

Enjoy!

Actually, I've got a bunch of NOS WWII issued stuff headed my way right now; I'll give it a look and see if it's shootable. If not, I can always reload it.

Even Buffalo has no idea when they'll get .455 brass in, let alone ammo.

Back
Top Bottom