• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9th Circuit Strikes down Magazine Restrictions - Breaking

Listen to this dick wad:

Joseph Blocher, a law professor at Duke University and a co-director of the Duke Center for Firearms Law, said the decision “goes too far in treating the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self-defense as if they’re the same, when they’re really not.”

“The vast majority of self-defense actions don’t involve guns at all, let alone large-capacity magazines, and the vast majority of gun owners will never use their weapons in self-defense,” he said.

Yeah most people never have to use fire insurance either. Doesn't mean it's not wise to have it. There are hundreds of thousands of examples of average Americans using plain vanilla firearms for self defense. Firearms that have mags with greater than 10 rounds for self defense. These fake arguments need to be called out for the garbage bullshit they really are.

Hmmm... He must be friends with the Duke University economist calling for $800,000 reparations payments to every black family descended from slaves.

Hmmm... He must be friends with the Duke University economist calling for $800,000 reparations payments to every black family descended from slaves.

Someone should ask these two twits when they all piss through the 800k on booze cigarettes tattoos and 22 inch wheels for the hooptie and find themselves no better off......then what?? I don't understand why this asinine proposal is even a tropic of conversation.

Someone should ask these two twits when they all piss through the 800k on booze cigarettes tattoos and 22 inch wheels for the hooptie and find themselves no better off......then what?? I don't understand why this asinine proposal is even a tropic of conversation.

Completely agree. If the gov confiscated every persons' wealth and seeded everyone in the country with the same starting capital (a la Monopoly), in short order we'd have a very similar distribution of wealth to what we have today.

Hello Boy's...Don't start celebrating yet.
View attachment 380626
guns21.jpg

The real credit goes to the public defender in the Caetano case who managed to get it all the way to SCOTUS. The most Comm2a did in that case was file an Amicus.
That fact gets little play. Given that the PD office is funded by the state, and the state of MA rulers only want criminals to have guns, it is surprising that those who control PD budget did tell his boss to shut him down. Must have been a private practice attorney taking a PD case.

Brownell's is out of Pmags.
I had an order in for a ten pack of Gen 2's and received a cancellation notice that they are out of stock. A check of their site shows lots of mags out of stock.
I'd say in a month, nobody will have any mags, between Kalifornians buying up quantities and others adding to stockpiles they'll likely be unobtanium soon.

I forget if I posted this elsewhere.

What I see is this: CA was a TOTAL ban on normal-cap mags. That seemed to be the sticking point. If they allowed pre-whatever(94? - seems like a good spot) magazines, it might be considered AOK by the courts.

I fear that should this get heard nationally the SC will fall on this distinction and we're STILL F'd.

I may put 10rd mags in my G19 and make a necklace out of the pre-bans at that point. Because they'll be more valuable than diamonds.

Or I could be all wet. But I do relish that the Libs pushed a pre-2000 ban to an outright ban and instead of getting something lost everything.

I forget if I posted this elsewhere.

What I see is this: CA was a TOTAL ban on normal-cap mags. That seemed to be the sticking point. If they allowed pre-whatever(94? - seems like a good spot) magazines, it might be considered AOK by the courts.

I fear that should this get heard nationally the SC will fall on this distinction and we're STILL F'd.

I may put 10rd mags in my G19 and make a necklace out of the pre-bans at that point. Because they'll be more valuable than diamonds.

Or I could be all wet. But I do relish that the Libs pushed a pre-2000 ban to an outright ban and instead of getting something lost everything.

I get the same impression. MA adding a grandfather clause made this much more difficult to litigate, I think. I doubt SCOTUS would grant cert to a MA mag challenge because of it, if it even made it that far.

I didn't know that - the Gen 2's used to, but don't anymore. I do like I can find the windowed Gen 2's way easy then the Gen 3's. The Gen 2's work in all my stuff anyway.

I do have some issues with the AR-10/DPMS rifles (doesn't everyone) The mags (Gen2 or 3) fit one, don't fit the other due to the barrel extension (Rainer Arms Ultra Match) - so some dremel action is required on the front end. Not much, but enough that it won't fit otherwise. This issue doesn't effect the 223 wylde Ultra Match btw

I am a little confused on the AR10 comment with wylde ultra match .223 mixed in.

Have a variety of .308/7.62 pmags I run in Aero and M&P 10 lowers and haven't noted a problem yet. Mixed in there are some m118 versions too (little longer though not sure I can even measure it). At one point when a rifle was having a problem it seemed a little more common on m118 mags but in the end upon solving the gas issue all the mags work perfectly reliability in all the rifles.

Armalite does have a different mag pattern so I have read, pretty much everything else in the "AR10" bucket seems to ship with pmags even.

If something like that ever did happen, I would like to be selling booze, cigarettes, and custom wheels and tires!!!

Yeah, that has been a factor in this case, but the majority opinion of the 9th was written in a way that made any magazine limit unconstitutional, and didn’t limit it to non-grandfathering laws. (within the 9th’s region of course).

A CA resident could legally keep > 10 round mags that where personally possessed in CA before the ban and, as a practical matter, the obligation to prove that fell upon the individual. It was not a largely ignored, not used as a standalone charge in practice, like it is in MA.

Unlike pre-ban ARs/EBRs, there was no need to register > 10 round mags in CA, but there was a need to be able to prove one met the condition of grandfathering.

I am a little confused on the AR10 comment with wylde ultra match .223 mixed in.

Have a variety of .308/7.62 pmags I run in Aero and M&P 10 lowers and haven't noted a problem yet. Mixed in there are some m118 versions too (little longer though not sure I can even measure it). At one point when a rifle was having a problem it seemed a little more common on m118 mags but in the end upon solving the gas issue all the mags work perfectly reliability in all the rifles.

Armalite does have a different mag pattern so I have read, pretty much everything else in the "AR10" bucket seems to ship with pmags even.

I have Rainer Arms Ultra Match barrels on two uppers, a 308 on an AR-10/DPMS and 223 Wilde on a AR-15. Sorry for not being clear.

The PMAGs 30’s fit the AR-15 fine. The PMAG 20LRs don’t fit the AR-10/DPMS without some dremel action on the front end.

You could just drive up here and buy some form a local shop. I was at a shop last week in Southern NH and they were well stocked on PMAGs if that's what you are looking for.

Another option is get yourself an NH mailing address, friend in NH, PO box, mail box service etc etc and then ordering online should be a possibility. Don't know how this line started but of course today you still can't have these mags in MA..

If I was a mass resident I would definitely have a stash of mags at a friends place out of state. It's possible some day they somehow become legal to possess but not to manufacture/sell, ie if the feds ban them and you move to NH.

Listen to this dick wad:

Joseph Blocher, a law professor at Duke University and a co-director of the Duke Center for Firearms Law, said the decision “goes too far in treating the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self-defense as if they’re the same, when they’re really not.”

“The vast majority of self-defense actions don’t involve guns at all, let alone large-capacity magazines, and the vast majority of gun owners will never use their weapons in self-defense,” he said.

Yeah most people never have to use fire insurance either. Doesn't mean it's not wise to have it. There are hundreds of thousands of examples of average Americans using plain vanilla firearms for self defense. Firearms that have mags with greater than 10 rounds for self defense. These fake arguments need to be called out for the garbage bullshit they really are.
Translation: "EVERYTHING i have taught my students over the past ten years is total horsecrap. I know nothing about the topic"

I get the same impression. MA adding a grandfather clause made this much more difficult to litigate, I think. I doubt SCOTUS would grant cert to a MA mag challenge because of it, if it even made it that far.
What difference does it make what year they were made? Why ? because there are less or harder to come by? BS answer. IMO

Listen to this dick wad:

With his logic you don’t need a fire extinguisher because there’s a chance you will never have to use it.

It would seem that despite the frenzy of online ordering, the sale, acquisition, and importation of standard capacity magazines to or by California residents remains illegal, under the original stay that allowed the mag ban to remain in place pending "final resolution" of the case.

According to CRPA, "final resolution" could take one of four forms: (1) the state allows the Ninth's ruling of last week to stand, and does not appeal; (2) they can petition for a rehearing by the original 3 judge panel; (3) they request an en banc hearing; or (4) they appeal to SCOTUS. They have until August 28th to decide if and how they're moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom