9th Circuit Strikes down Magazine Restrictions - Breaking

So Gen 2 or Gen 3 PMAGS? Pros and cons... GO!
tenor.gif

the thought of reasonably priced glock mags here in Massachusetts [dance] such a nice dream that can hopefully be a reality soon
If the CA market is able to sell all of its prebans as no longer necessary due to access to standard capacity magazines, Maura & all her friends in Jim Crow states are going to start banning mail order magazines by fiat to try and stop the influx of prebans from out of state. Not that they have any authority to do that and enforcement would be a shit-show, but they would try a fear campaign.

Love this note:
The plaintiffs were good enough to force the court to acknowledge the twisted language gun grabbers use.
I would swap the word "definition" for the word "nomenclature".

the thought of reasonably priced glock mags here in Massachusetts [dance] such a nice dream that can hopefully be a reality soon

Prices seem OK.

no impact today in MA

Now I'm gonna exceed that character length:
The only place this decision can be overruled is the Supreme Court.
I believe that other parties can sue their states and refer to this decision.
Incorrect. You missed a step. This was a decision from a 3 judge panel (which means the enemy has only one pre-SCOTUS opportunity left) EnBanc in the 9th court is something like 11 or 29 judges. This means one of 34,597,290 panels [ C(29,11) ] will hear the case if an en-banc appeal is granted, which is highly likely since the court will consider it an "important issue" (translation: a bunch of judges want a different decision). I give this at best a 50% chance of surviving EnBanc if granted and a 80% chance of EnBanc being granted.

Single federal district court judge -> 3 judge disctrict court appeal -> En Banc federal district count appeal (cert not always granted) -> SCOTUS

It is very common for 3 judge or en banc appeals to over-rule pro gun rights decision in federal court. For other cases, it's a longshot.

Last edited:
So Gen 2 or Gen 3 PMAGS? Pros and cons... GO!

I buy Gen 3's because I feel somehow they might be better, but that's about it. I think the write up on them indicates the polymer might be improved upon but I can't see why they would use a different polymer in production of Gen 2 versus 3.

Gen 2's are fine for AR's, if you have a euro/oddball design the Gen 3 might be for you. I also like the Gen 2's as I can get Ranger Plates and dust covers easy.

just posted all my pre-bans for $1 each with free shipping and i’ll throw in a nice back rub...and a nice sammich....and beer....and a brick of 22lr...come an get ‘em before they’re gone like steel cased russian 223......jk

Incorrect. You missed a step. This was a decision from a 3 judge panel (which means the enemy has only one pre-SCOTUS opportunity left) EnBanc in the 9th court is something like 11 or 29 judges. This means one of 34,597,290 panels [ C(29,11) ] will hear the case if an en-banc appeal is granted, which is highly likely since the court will consider it an "important issue" (translation: a bunch of judges want a different decision). I give this at best a 50% chance of surviving EnBanc if granted and a 80% chance of EnBanc being granted.

Single federal district court judge -> 3 judge disctrict court appeal -> En Banc federal district count appeal (cert not always granted) -> SCOTUS

It is very common for 3 judge or en banc appeals to over-rule pro gun rights decision in federal court. For other cases, it's a longshot.
How many years will that take and who grants the appeal

just posted all my pre-bans for $1 each with free shipping and i’ll throw in a nice back rub...and a nice sammich....and beer....and a brick of 22lr...come an get ‘em before they’re gone like steel cased russian 223......jk

Sh*t! My G19 squares were my retirement fund.

300px-I_Am_Never_Gonna_Financially_Recover_From_This.jpg

[/QUOTE] The decision written by an appellate judge appointed by President Donald Trump “should put gun safety advocates across the country on high alert,” said Giffords Law Center Litigation Director Hannah Shearer. “These judges are gaining potentially irreversible inroads on our appellate courts.”

Karma is a bitch isn’t it!!

I'm not falling for that again!

1597443860991.png

The decision written by an appellate judge appointed by President Donald Trump “should put gun safety advocates across the country on high alert,” said Giffords Law Center Litigation Director Hannah Shearer. “These judges are gaining potentially irreversible inroads on our appellate courts.”

OK, I'm a "gun safety advocate", and I'm on "high alert". Now what?

If the CA market is able to sell all of its prebans as no longer necessary due to access to standard capacity magazines, Maura & all her friends in Jim Crow states are going to start banning mail order magazines by fiat to try and stop the influx of prebans from out of state. Not that they have any authority to do that and enforcement would be a shit-show, but they would try a fear campaign.

Some enterprising Ma**h*** is probably already picking up a UHaul and stocking up on Funyuns and Red Bulls for the cross-country trip. He'll be back with a buttload of ex-CA prebans in about two weeks, having already calculated how much to sell them for on the NES classifieds to recoup his costs.

Only question is, what's his username here?

Back
Top Bottom