9th Circuit Strikes down Magazine Restrictions - Breaking

I'll be That Guy...this ruling only applies in the Ninth, so it means nothing to us here in the PRMA. Furthermore, I suspect that the intent was to punt this to SCOTUS, where the Roberts court will overturn it and uphold the mag ban. The Roberts court, much to our frustration, has been unwilling to expand gun rights beyond the Court's holdings in Heller and McDonald, and I don't see an exception being made here. I would love to be proven wrong though.

They have to hear it to overrule it.

How does this impact us here in MA. I'm really a simple man. No words with more than six chars please.

There is no practical effect in or on MA. Still a mag ban here and this decision doesn’t change that.

But it will be helpful to our lawyers as the legal fight continues. Our side will argue “they did it that way, and we should too.”

Great news for California though.

Am I correct in thinking that the only way this can be challenged is with the Supreme Court? With the recent reluctance of the supreme court to hear 2A cases I suspect they would not hear the case and the law would stand.

It can be reviewed by all the 9th circus judges. So called en Blanc. From there it is SCOTUS.

Now the $64 question will the gun grabbers take it to scotus or does the fight end in CA?

they will request an en banc hearing for certain. if freedom prevails with the hearing en banc for the 9th Circuit and the grabbers appeal to SCOTUS...but SCOTUS does not grant cert, the law stands.

if SCOTUS grants cert, I have no confidence that a Roberts-led court will let it stand...unless the crypt keeper (RBG) has been replaced

they will request an en banc hearing for certain. if freedom prevails with the hearing en banc for the 9th Circuit and the grabbers appeal to SCOTUS...but SCOTUS does not grant cert, the law stands.

if SCOTUS grants cert, I have no confidence that a Roberts-led court will let it stand...unless the crypt keeper (RBG) has been replaced

Yeah, the 9th Circus will overturn this ruling en banc and then it's back to no standard capacity mags for the peons. SCOTUS won't grant cert given their attitude the last dozen times this shit has been appealed.

Been spending money on PMAGS like sailor spends money in a bar on liberty........before the prices go up. Just got another 15 gen2's in the mail this morning and awaiting another order for 20. They are still pretty plentiful with some vendors showing thousands in stock..... But that can change in a day given current nationwide circumstances.

It will go to appeals... if it does make it to SCOTUS, let's hope that RBG is gone, otherwise I don't think it would have a chance

Sounds strange to say but, thanks to Trump, overturning such a decision en banc is no longer a slam dunk in the 9th Circuit. For SCOTUS to get this case, the liberal justices would have to be 100% certain of Roberts siding with them. Anything less than that risks striking down LCM bans nationwide.

If the liberal justices can be that certain of Robert's support then LCM bans are pretty small potatoes in our bag of 2A worries.

Yeah, the 9th Circus will overturn this ruling en banc and then it's back to no standard capacity mags for the peons. SCOTUS won't grant cert given their attitude the last dozen times this shit has been appealed.

En banc the 9th is now 50%/50% lefties/Trump judges. It's not a slam dunk for the left to overturn this. They might not want to appeal because of the risk of it getting to a post Ginsberg SCOTUS.

[QUOTE="rep308, post: 6858742, member: 7648"I still have 3 unopened shipping boxes
[/QUOTE]
It’s still possession, lol. Shhhh. It’s not Schrödinger’s cat haha

Great, so on top of ammo shortages and primer shortages, we’ll now have LCM shortages...[laugh]

There was apparently quite the whirlwind of orders during the 10 or so days that the mag ban was initially invalidated via a preliminary injunction, only to be reinstated soon afterward.

What's interesting is that, on a 3-judge panel, the two Ninth Circuit judges affirmed (meaning that they voted the right way for us).

The dissenting vote - voting the "wrong way" - was cast by the chief judge of one of the federal courts in Texas. (Sometimes this happens, it's like being a "guest judge" on that court.)

Backwards times we live in.

Love this note:
1 To retain symmetry with the parties’ briefing and the statute under review, we employ the term “large capacity magazine” (LCM) to denote any firearm magazine capable of holding more than ten rounds of ammunition. But we note that this definition is purely a function of the statutory framework challenged here.

The plaintiffs were good enough to force the court to acknowledge the twisted language gun grabbers use.

I know this question doesn't fit the thread title, but you guys keep referring to scotus john roberts,. Now that he has been implicated in the Epstein tapes will that change anything, for or against gun owners ?

I know this question doesn't fit the thread title, but you guys keep referring to scotus john roberts,. Now that he has been implicated in the Epstein tapes will that change anything, for or against gun owners ?

No. Because it's not true. The Epstein / Roberts thing was made up.

They plan on putting Maxwell into gen pop for her own safety lol so you tell me haha

Back
Top Bottom