• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm shield magazine

Seems that mine isn't quite as pronounced as yours. Never noticed it before visually or when gripping, and that second part is most important.
shield.jpg

Mine is like that two. It is a little bit more uniform front to back though. I honestly never noticed it or gave it any thought till now. It works flawlessly thats all i care about. I would rather it be like that though than have trouble seating if a piece of lint or dirt got in there. The shield was designed to WORK not look pretty.

Both my flush and plus 1 sit pretty flush and it shows the slightest like 2 paper thick but not like that

- - - Updated - - -

I have 3 flush and 2 exstanded mags

IOW it's a "feature" not a defect. A bit disappointing but will try to figure something out to "fix" it.
thanks for all the responses.

OP, yours does look like a bigger gap. In addition, your floorplate isn't parallel to the bottom edges of the grip. Maybe you have a bad mag, or the floorplate isn't installed properly on it?

I believe all Shields have some gap, but they are smaller and even, like in the pictures others have posted. In many guns (like Glocks) you don't notice the gap because the mags are black polymer like the grips. But shiny metal against a black grip really stands out. There needs to be some gap to ensure there is always enough tolerance for the mag to lock into place reliably.

Last edited:
I just got the Pearce extension for my mp shield 9mm and it tightened the gap a little bit. It also makes the gun a lot more comfortable to hold. I recommend buying one.

I just got the Pearce extension for my mp shield 9mm and it tightened the gap a little bit. It also makes the gun a lot more comfortable to hold. I recommend buying one.

+1, I just got one myself. Fits great and doesn't really add much to the the length. I gonna order a few more

Mine has it but doesn't seem that exaggerated. I'm assuming mag is loaded + chamber, once you fire off first it should get smaller, just make sure it clicks when you jam it home. Took a while to break in the springs in that regard.

Both me and the woman's shield 9 do the same thing, but much less pronounced.

is your baseplate bent? Looks like the front of the baseplate is bent downwards...perhaps from gripping on baseplate and recoiling ripping gun backwards? Just a thought. Also how does it look if you insert a fresh mag?

BTW, when the hell is someone gonna make a 10rd mag for the shield? Or at least a +2 ext. would be damn convenient for the range and as a backup mag.

Last edited:
Here is mine with the extension (recommended). Adding it did seem to tighten the gap but I do not remember it being as bad as yours originally.

Attachments

• shield-w-ext.jpg
    shield-w-ext.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
to the OP, try sticking a new 7rd magazine into your shield and see how it looks....i'm guessing your mag's baseplate got bent from the way it was held while firing.

Back
Top Bottom