9mm range ammo ranked

I've always wondered how people rank their ammo. By what criteria?

While I see in this thread that people have used ammo, I don't see how they are rating it other than "it works".

Fuel to the fire:

I stay away from all Freedom Munitions - They have screwed many people over by producing their own brass cases which were stepped...and forcing all reloaders out there to inspect for them as the cases are much more susceptible to catastrophic failures.

S&B - I stay away from because of the extremely tight primer pockets. (Reloading standpoint)

I've never really noticed any difference in the brass cased 9mm ammo I've shot.

After shooting tens of thousands of steel rounds and having maybe <5 FTF, I think failures are way more dependent on the gun than on the ammo.
I am nowhere near that, but my limited experience agrees with this statement. I've had Blazer 147grain flat nose that didn't feed in a couple guns. Probably runs like a champ for others. One of my SBR's loves cheap Russian stuff, which is the opposite of what I would have guessed. So I don't think any one person can make a definitive list that everyone else will agree with 100%. I'm sure we could collectively pick out the utter garbage, but top 10 would be a crapshoot of the better brands.

The only 9mm I avoided was the Winchester white box. Other calibers were fine but 9mm seemed to always being producing random duds. I always seemed to get a dud every 20 or so rounds it seemed. Tried the rounds in 4 different 9mm (2 PCC, 2 pistols) and the rounds were duds in them all.

Back
Top Bottom