• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm plated 115 grain bullets with bullseye

The only pistol loads I have done so far ar 45acp and I use 4.6gn's of Bullseye behind a 200gn bullet and they seem to work well.
So I have everything to do some 9MM now and the powder recommendations are all over the place and in the same range as the .45 rounds. I have seen a couple recipes with the same amount of powder for the 9's as the 45's

This seems odd to me. Does 4.6 of Bullseye behind a 115 gn plated bullet seem reasonable.

The only pistol loads I have done so far ar 45acp and I use 4.6gn's of Bullseye behind a 200gn bullet and they seem to work well.
So I have everything to do some 9MM now and the powder recommendations are all over the place and in the same range as the .45 rounds. I have seen a couple recipes with the same amount of powder for the 9's as the 45's

This seems odd to me. Does 4.6 of Bullseye behind a 115 gn plated bullet seem reasonable.

As a reference:
I use 4.3gr bullseye, 115gr bullet (jacketed, not plated). Hornady book. Does ~1135-1160 out a 5.25" barrel. So not unreasonable.

Sounds OK. I use 3.5gr with 147gr subs. Made some at 4.5gr with 115's just to test out a while ago, but then Bullseye got scarce and I switched to TG with 124's for plinking.

Thanks everyone. I did a 100 with 4.6 and they shot fine and cycled the gun great. I am going to work them down a little to see how low I can go before the gun starts to have cycling issues. I just ordered some more powder, Win231 to try. It is supposed to be good for the common pistol calibers. Next step is going to be getting dies for 38/357.

Thanks everyone. I did a 100 with 4.6 and they shot fine and cycled the gun great. I am going to work them down a little to see how low I can go before the gun starts to have cycling issues. I just ordered some more powder, Win231 to try. It is supposed to be good for the common pistol calibers. Next step is going to be getting dies for 38/357.

Nice! 357 mag is probably my favorite caliber to reload.

I use bullseye for light 357 mag loads. 3.8 gr under a plated 158 gr RN works well.

I'm running 4.5gn of bullseye behind 115gn plated bullets with CCI primers and my cases are always sooty.

Back
Top Bottom