• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Glock or .45?

Okay, it's been a week now and I can't wait until after January, so, have you made up your damn mind yet? [laugh]

Almost. I'm going to go with a .45. Now I need to check out which one. I'm in Florida on business at the moment. There are a couple gun shops here so I might have to check out some. One is an indoor range. Maybe they rent what I'm looking for. I get tomorrow off so I'll check out their rates , but definitely the guns.

Oh and it's my Christmas bonus that will be buying me this so you will have to wait.

I have the Gen 4 G21 and I cant say enough good things about it, I it shoots really well without much snap at all and for me ( Medium sized hands ) the finger grooves work great for me and I love it. Its my bedside gun and I strap it on with a jacket or sweatshirt and It rides just fine for me. I picked up a couple preban 13 round mags on here for a reasonable price and in my opinion I get the .45 round which I prefer and a nice payload of 14 rounds which is the way to go.

If you do go with the G21 you wont be disapointed.

Almost. I'm going to go with a .45. Now I need to check out which one. I'm in Florida on business at the moment. There are a couple gun shops here so I might have to check out some. One is an indoor range. Maybe they rent what I'm looking for. I get tomorrow off so I'll check out their rates , but definitely the guns.

Oh and it's my Christmas bonus that will be buying me this so you will have to wait.

Nice, you didn't wait until January after all. [laugh]

I'm looking at either the 19, 26 or 30, 30s. As I said I prefer the Gen 4's because my mitts are small like a girl and I can change the backstrap.

By the way 7.62, I'm in northern RI.

I think the 19 is the most versatile handgun you can buy. How's that for hyperbole.

With that said, its less concealable than the 26 and less shootable than a 17 or 34. But it does everything reasonably well.

A 19 is reasonably concealable and with 15 rounds (even legally in MA) you should not feel "outgunned" by anyone. I've always been a Glock and a 1911 guy. A couple of years ago I was moving towards carrying a 1911. I ended up with a Commander sized gun with an aluminum frame. It was still a bit heavy and bulky. I didn't realize it at first. I never consciously thought it, but I simply passed over the 1911 for my Kahr more often than not.

So I bought a very nice lightweight Colt Officers ACP. The smallest standard 1911 made. One day I was shooting it, with its 6 round magazine and my buddy was shooting his G19. I held them up next to each otehr and realied the Glock was the same size, lighter, and carried more than twice as many rounds.

And I shot it much better. While a Government or even Commander sized 1911 is easy to shoot well, the OACP is not. Simply put, I could shoot the Glock much faster with the same accuracy.

So I sold the OACP (to a very interesting guy, he did protection for Whitey Bulger when he was standing trial last year) to an experienced gun guy and bought a G19. I haven't looked back. It is very carryable, shootable and overall is a great gun.

Don

p.s. I find the 23 (other than gen4) to be a miserable nasty little gun.

I just looked at a Gen3 G36 and a G30s at GfaAmrsTec.
An i am leaning towards the G36 loved how it felt at appendices carry

I think the 19 is the most versatile handgun you can buy. How's that for hyperbole.

With that said, its less concealable than the 26 and less shootable than a 17 or 34. But it does everything reasonably well.

A 19 is reasonably concealable and with 15 rounds (even legally in MA) you should not feel "outgunned" by anyone. I've always been a Glock and a 1911 guy. A couple of years ago I was moving towards carrying a 1911. I ended up with a Commander sized gun with an aluminum frame. It was still a bit heavy and bulky. I didn't realize it at first. I never consciously thought it, but I simply passed over the 1911 for my Kahr more often than not.

So I bought a very nice lightweight Colt Officers ACP. The smallest standard 1911 made. One day I was shooting it, with its 6 round magazine and my buddy was shooting his G19. I held them up next to each otehr and realied the Glock was the same size, lighter, and carried more than twice as many rounds.

And I shot it much better. While a Government or even Commander sized 1911 is easy to shoot well, the OACP is not. Simply put, I could shoot the Glock much faster with the same accuracy.

So I sold the OACP (to a very interesting guy, he did protection for Whitey Bulger when he was standing trial last year) to an experienced gun guy and bought a G19. I haven't looked back. It is very carryable, shootable and overall is a great gun.

Don

p.s. I find the 23 (other than gen4) to be a miserable nasty little gun.

Different strokes for different folks. I can shoot my Gen4 G23 just as well as I can my Gen4 G19, but I mainly CCW a G27.[smile]

That was a long drawn out process. I finally have the 30S at home. We have a club meeting tomorrow and today I have to go to a kids birthday party, so tomorrow will be a range day.

image_zps0d342cdc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom