9mm components locally?

I just received all Lee classic turret and I'm eager to start reloading 9mm. Anyone know where I can get 9mm components at a decent price around Boston? All the online stores are out of powder and/or primers. I suppose I can drive out of state if the prices are worth it.

Closest place I can think of for you is sportsmen den then south to outback arms in plympton.....stock and prices? I would call first.

Closer to Boston maybe Collectors in Stoneham as well, but call first.

Are you looking for anything in particular in terms of powders, bullet weights, lead vs. FMJ, etc.? H-S Trading usually has lead in stock all the time.

I don't know about projectiles, but in terms of primers and powder you should be able to get what you need with a trip up to Hooksett NH at either Rileys or Shooters Outpost.

I'm probably going to use 124gr plated bullets, which seem to be available for around $80/1000. I don't know which powder to get but I commonly see Titegroup and Unique being used. Primers will probably CCI 500 small pistol primer?

Collectors usually has primers and lead cast bullets and sometimes Unique and a couple of other powders but very small quantities. North Shore Firearms in Middleton has a good selection of reloading supplies, lots of powders bullets, brass, primers, etc. Don't bother driving to rileys if you're looking for more than 1 pound of powder, that's the limit there unless you buy an 8# jug. Try Al's in Derry first, they don't limit last time I was there.

Patriot Arms in Ipswich usually has a good selection of powders and sometimes primers. I don't think they sell bullets though IIRC.

I was at H-S last week and they had small pistol primers and bullets. They had some powder but I dont remember if there was any pistol powder. I know there was no bullseye as that was what I was looking for.

I'm probably going to use 124gr plated bullets, which seem to be available for around $80/1000. I don't know which powder to get but I commonly see Titegroup and Unique being used. Primers will probably CCI 500 small pistol primer?

W231 is another good powder for 9mm, and power pistol will work too. Powder seems to be hit or miss on brands, so bring you reloading book to make sure you can find a powder that will suite your needs.

I'm using Unique with 124g Berry copper plated with CCI 500 primers, works well.

Patriot Arms in Ipswich usually has a good selection of powders and sometimes primers. I don't think they sell bullets though IIRC.

I know Ive seen lead bullets there, dont recall seeing fmj or plated though. Theyre usually on the left as you come through the door.

Blue Northern in Ayer usually has a pretty good selection of jacketed bullets, pistol powders, and primers.

Call first. They're open on Sundays.

Blue Northern in Ayer usually has a pretty good selection of jacketed bullets, pistol powders, and primers.

Call first. They're open on Sundays.

Thanks. I'll make the trip next weekend if they have some. I did get some cast. Would like plated as well. Can never have enough boolits. I am currently using w231 and125gr lrn boolits. As accurate as I am. Happy so far.

I just received all Lee classic turret and I'm eager to start reloading 9mm. Anyone know where I can get 9mm components at a decent price around Boston? All the online stores are out of powder and/or primers. I suppose I can drive out of state if the prices are worth it.

Call up Rileys & Shooters in NH and see if they have what you're looking for. In either case its worth the trip. You can probably also see what Acme Armament has, I know they stock powder and primers at a bare minimum, at decent prices. About the only place in MA that I would bother buying components from is Blue Northern. They're not the cheapest but most of the other stores in MA that sell mats are rape-level compared to BN.

-Mike

Call up Rileys & Shooters in NH and see if they have what you're looking for. In either case its worth the trip. You can probably also see what Acme Armament has, I know they stock powder and primers at a bare minimum, at decent prices. About the only place in MA that I would bother buying components from is Blue Northern. They're not the cheapest but most of the other stores in MA that sell mats are rape-level compared to BN.

-Mike
This is one reason I started casting my own!

I was up to Hooksett on Monday. Both had a decent supply three weeks ago of the normal tried and true powders. THis week those seemed to be non existent. They still had a good supply of powder at Shooter's just bring your list of what you can use and ya might get lucky. Shooter's had a good supply of primers on Monday. Picked up 2000 small pistol.

As far as lead. I wasn't looking but I remember that Riley's shelves, well I could see alot of shelf. Can't remember what they did have in stock.

Last edited:

-Mike

Yup not far from Quincy. Stock up and it will save you lots over gas costs. Buy your beer & butts up there to save additional money.

Back
Top Bottom