9mm Compensator

Hey guys,
I'm looking to compensate a 16" 9mm blow back carbine rifle.
I could make one but I thought it would just be allot easyer to buy one.
After doing a little research it seems people really like the Carlson comp for 9mm.
It's not the fancyest looking thing but if I'm going to put one on I want it to work.
I'm looking for a standard 1/2"X28 TPI.
Any one have any opinions, sugestions or experience with 9mm comps?

Carlson comp.

flash9mm.jpg

[rofl] Anyone? Bueller?

Ok I realize a 9mm is not commonly compensated.
The platform is a Mech tech CCU for Glock. It comes with a stupid looking flash hider thing that the web site refers to as being strictly cosmetic. It is common practice for owners to remove them since they are just pressed on. The barrel still maintains it's legal 16" length post removal. However I'm not crazy about the looks after removal. Kind of plain looking.
So I just figured for fun & hopefully functionality I'll thread the barrel & put a real, non permanently fixed comp on useing the standard 1/2X28 TPI size since it's completely legal.
Hopefully in the future, If I make it to retirement [laugh] & move to a free state I'll have the option of trying out a can.

Guess I'll go with the Carlson.

Spike tactical makes a 9mm comp.
YHM, but I don't see it be effective nor would the Carlson

Thanks I'll check the Spikes unit.
I agree the difference will be negligable but I figure it can't hurt, it will be a fun project, the UZI guys rave about them, the comps only $39 & I can thread the barrel at work. I've already got it out.

Oh & a few bucks to Mech Tech for the recoil spring I destroyed dissasembling the unit. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom