• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm brownig long Question?

apander

NES Member
I don't reload, but wonder if anyone knows if the 9mm browning long uses the same dies as a 9mm? If I'm right the only difference between the two is case length, 9mm = 19, & 9mm browning = 21. plus powder loads. I know you can't interchange these cal., but is just the seating of the bullet that makes the difference, besides the length of the case. I have about 400 1942 Swedish mil loads that I want to possibly reload and want to know if I can use 9mm dies? I hope I'm clear in my questions because I don't reload and may not know what I'm talking about. I also found new 9mm long loads on-line for $15.00 per box of 50, shipping extra, (being in Ma. have to find FFL to take them), @ $.30 ea would it be worthwhile?? Thanks for your time, Arlie

I have about 400 1942 Swedish mil loads that I want to possibly reload and want to know if I can use 9mm dies? I hope I'm clear in my questions because I don't reload and may not know what I'm talking about. I also found new 9mm long loads on-line for $15.00 per box of 50, shipping extra, (being in Ma. have to find FFL to take them), @ $.30 ea would it be worthwhile?? Thanks for your time, Arlie

Be aware that foreign ammo may be berdan primed, which often makes the cases non-reloadable.
At 30¢ a round, you may not decide to venture into reloading, unless you simply want a new hobby. Many do it for the joy and ability to roll obscure or hard to find calibers and loadings.
At worst, you'll do more shooting, since you can whip up ammo at your discretion.
Come down (SE CT) and we can work up loads for that 9x21 and you can shoot onsite, too (just bring your boxer-primed brass and bullets of choice).

Back
Top Bottom