9mm brass

mferruccio

NES Member
How much are people paying to buy 9 mm brass? I usually sell mine for scrap. (whatever the going price is at the time). More people seem to be reloading 9mm now so maybe I should sell the brass to other shooters. Thanks

I'm not really sure what the going price is, but if it is once-fired brass I would sell it for reloading. It seems like such a shame to scrap perfectly good brass like that, and you will probably get a little more of your money back selling it for reloading than you would by scrapping it.

how much are you getting for scrap? It can't be that much, spent brass is about 70% dross and I have seen prices vary wildly for recycled metals locally.

Are there any policies on picking up brass at the range? I haven't checked with my club. I don't know if clubs get tons of money for brass, it can't be much.

In the past I have gotten $1.16 a pound for the spent casings. The pricing does vary. I can sell .45 ACP for $.04 each to a dealer. So 9mm $.02, $.03?

I just pick mine up for free at the range, as it's the most common spent casing to be found, along with 45 ACP.

I find .40 S+W to be more common than all the others put together, except for .22 LR.

-Mike

In the past I have gotten $1.16 a pound for the spent casings. The pricing does vary. I can sell .45 ACP for $.04 each to a dealer. So 9mm $.02, $.03?

Not long ago I paid like $60 for 2000 pieces of it. Condition helps, if its once fired that isn't dirty you can get slightly more for it. If it is tarnished to hell garbage that's been sitting on a range forever, you're better off bringing it to a commercial brass recycler.

-Mike

Just got $2 lb. for spent .22 brass 55 lbs.=$110 at the scrapyard. Worth more in scrap that reselling!

Just got $2 lb. for spent .22 brass 55 lbs.=$110 at the scrapyard. Worth more in scrap that reselling!

Well, with .22s, no doubt, nobody is going to reload those, although guys like DukeInMaine might use them to put jackets on lead 22 rounds.

There are plenty of web sites that sell once fired brass. See what they get for brass. Figure about half that selling it local. You can also trade it with reloaders or certain gun shops for whatever they are willing to give you for it. When I first started reloading I bought a cardboard box full of 9mm at a gun show in Sturbridge for $10.00 and I was happy to have them. They make good Karma in the members area too.

I just pick mine up for free at the range, as it's the most common spent casing to be found, along with 45 ACP.

was just talking about this at work no less than 30 minutes ago. every time I go to the range I bring a dust pan and broom and nylon reusable grocery bag and collect everything in my general vacinity. Even the stuff I dont have guns for I save up for future Karma posts.

Back
Top Bottom