9mm(92 owners)

I just picked up a beretta 92 and I was wondering what target ammo other 92 owners like to use. I have a ppk/s also, and that one doesn't like certain ammo, hence the question with the beretta. Thanks

Last edited:
Target ammo?

Assuming you mean accuracy, the 92-FS isn't much of a target handgun (relatively speaking).

Mostly I've run CCI Blazer and American Eagle through mine and can't recall having any ejection problems, misfires or FTFs.

Accuracy/grouping wise mine seems to like the CCI Blazer.

im gonna assume login is referring to the fact that its main purpose was as a combat sidearm and not a target pistol ie updated sights trigger springs etc so it wont group as well as a target pistol would with different ammo loads

just my interpretation though because i find my 92 to be one of my more accurate handguns as opposed to my glocks

im gonna assume login is referring to the fact that its main purpose was as a combat sidearm and not a target pistol ie updated sights trigger springs etc so it wont group as well as a target pistol would with different ammo loads

just my interpretation though because i find my 92 to be one of my more accurate handguns as opposed to my glocks

Ahhh I see, that makes sense.

What do you mean by this?

I don't have a 92, but just curious.

Pretty much what Blood Hound posted.

It's accurate enough for defensive purposes, but it's not something that's going to give a shooter an edge as an IDPA or target gun... even if cleaned up.

Even as a defensive handgun, it leaves a lot to be desired... it's a bulky. oversized 9mm.

I like mine well enough, but it would hardly be my first choice as a defensive or target firearm.

Pretty much what Blood Hound posted.

It's accurate enough for defensive purposes, but it's not something that's going to give a shooter an edge as an IDPA or target gun... even if cleaned up.

Even as a defensive handgun, it leaves a lot to be desired... it's a bulky. oversized 9mm.

I like mine well enough, but it would hardly be my first choice as a defensive or target firearm.

Yea, I held one at a store in Marlboro and it was too big for my hands to grip comfortably.

A 92FS eats just about anything.

I think as a defensive gun it works fine..... thats what it was made
for. I can still hit a 10" or so steel plate at 50 yards with it, but its
a lot harder to do it with the 92FS (for me, at least) than it is with the other
9mm pistols I own, with the exception of my G19. I can clang that
plate all day with the G17L or my Sig X5.

-Mike

I bought a new 92 at Four Seasons on Tuesday. This week I have run a few hundred rounds of different brands through it with no problems whatsoever. The only problem I have is that I cant get decent groups at all with this gun. Felt great in my hands at the shop but when it comes to shooting it the damn thing is all over the place. No feeding problems though, it will eat anything thus far

I bought a new 92 at Four Seasons on Tuesday. This week I have run a few hundred rounds of different brands through it with no problems whatsoever. The only problem I have is that I cant get decent groups at all with this gun. Felt great in my hands at the shop but when it comes to shooting it the damn thing is all over the place. No feeding problems though, it will eat anything thus far

what kind of sights does it have? mine has the factory orange front sight and it makes tarqet acquisition really easy for me...plus the fact that it is so heavy makes recoil next to nothing and follow up shots alot easier

I have read online that with a KKM barrel for the 92 they are getting 1//2 inch groups at 50 yds from a Ransom Rest.

Bob

This is a little off topic, but I also had trouble being accurate with my 92FS, so I ordered a CO2 air pistol which is an exact replica (it's actually heavier than the 92FS). It's actually a kind of revolver internally with an eight shot magazine, and it simulates double and single action, sort of (single action you have to cock it each time).

I've been shooting this for ten or fifteen minutes in the basement every day during the winter, and I am now a lot more accurate when shooting the real 9mm.

So I recommend .17 caliber airgun pellets [grin]

This is a little off topic, but I also had trouble being accurate with my 92FS, so I ordered a CO2 air pistol which is an exact replica (it's actually heavier than the 92FS). It's actually a kind of revolver internally with an eight shot magazine, and it simulates double and single action, sort of (single action you have to cock it each time).

I've been shooting this for ten or fifteen minutes in the basement every day during the winter, and I am now a lot more accurate when shooting the real 9mm.

So I recommend .17 caliber airgun pellets [grin]

funny you said that because,I picked the beretta 92 cause I always wanted one, and before I even considered getting my ltc I bought that same air pistol. Although since getting my ltc, the air pistol has since become another permanent closet addition.

I fill mine full of Winchester White box from Walmart.

Speaking of Walmart, I was in there the other day and bought the last 2 boxes of CCI Blazer brass 9mm. I have not used them yet, but they were on clearance for $2.50 a box. Has anyone shot these before, is there a reason why so cheap?

I just picked up a beretta 92 and I was wondering what target ammo other 92 owners like to use. I have a ppk/s also, and that one doesn't like certain ammo, hence the question with the beretta. Thanks

Congratulations on your new purchase.
I also recently purchesed a new 92FS.
Slightly off topic but have you figured out what the blue cup is for?

Blue cup?

Magazine/speed loader (I'm guessing since the one I have is black).

I bought A new 92fs INOX, and it came with box, 2mags and lock, no blue cup??

funny you said that because,I picked the beretta 92 cause I always wanted one, and before I even considered getting my ltc I bought that same air pistol. Although since getting my ltc, the air pistol has since become another permanent closet addition.

I've shot about 2000 rounds of pellets this winter, and I am amazed at how much more accurate I am now than when I started. From 25 feet, I am almost as accurate with the pistol as with a rifle (I also shoot Colibri .22 in the basement). Everything stays within a three inch target.

Back
Top Bottom