9mm 1911

Navel officer

Thanks for the pms, I’ll keep them in mind, trying to dump my 45 right now to free up the cash

Navel officer

Thanks for the pms, I’ll keep them in mind, trying to dump my 45 right now to free up the cash

I’d go Springfield Range Officer. I have spent a good bit of trigger time behind it and the Colt Competition which in this price range are the guns I’d look at. The Colt isn’t bad but I think the Springfield is built better.

I’d go Springfield Range Officer. I have spent a good bit of trigger time behind it and the Colt Competition which in this price range are the guns I’d look at. The Colt isn’t bad but I think the Springfield is built better.

Does the Springfield Range Officer 9mm use the same magazine as the Colt?

Recently picked up 2 Springfield 1911s and love them. The fit of the Colt they had in stock was garbage by comparison.

Last edited:
No doubt the Range Officer is fitted more tightly than the Colt Competition. Both the slide to frame and the barrel bushing.

Recently picked up 2 Springfield 1911s and love them. The fitment of the Colt they had in stock was garbage by comparison.

Had the opportunity to handle a Springfield 9mm Range Officer at Nick's in Palmer MA last week. Felt very solid, a bit heavier than a full size .45ACP (probably the extra weight of the barrel?). The frame/slide fit was tight and smooth. Did not try the trigger. They had their's listed at $875 IIRC.

I'd pass on S&W even if it was within your budget. The 1911 Pro Series 9mm I bought 3+ years ago went back to them twice for the same problem. Out of the box, the pistol would experience multiple failures to extract in every magazine (I have 4 Wilsons, think it came with 2). After the second trip to S&W the pistol functioned better, but still not 100% and I was not sending it back again. I have yet to try other manufacturers magazines as I rarely take it to the range, I would get the Springfield if I had it to do over again. YMMV.
I have shot over 3000 rounds through mine with zero issues. I love it. Sucks you had issues.

Back
Top Bottom