9mm 1911?

jeepsrt8

NES Member
So I am in the market for a 9mm 1911 and the only mass compliant model I can find is the S&W E series which retails for 1,200!!! Anyone have any suggestions of other manufactures or other solution to my dilemma? Being a college student puts a deficit on my spending budget.

Build your own or have one built. There are very few 1911's on "The list" but you can buy a frame and slide from someone like Caspian and finish it yourself. You then file an FA10 and you are good to go. Perfectly legal. I have both a 9mm and a .45 done this way.

Build your own or have one built. There are very few 1911's on "The list" but you can buy a frame and slide from someone like Caspian and finish it yourself. You then file an FA10 and you are good to go. Perfectly legal. I have both a 9mm and a .45 done this way.

Marvelshooter-how much did your 9mm 1911 cost you in the end? And do you have any pictures?

Business End Customs built a sweet 9mm CCO earlier this year, it wasn't cheap but very nice. If funds are low why not get a Glock in 9mm and save up for a quality 1911

Get your 03 FFL (C&R) and pickup a Star Model B. They look just like a 1911, and can be found for ~ $200-$300

ModelB.jpg

Marvelshooter-how much did your 9mm 1911 cost you in the end? And do you have any pictures?

I did the work myself and the total was about $850 not counting the Ultradot and mount. It has not been blued yet which will bring the total to about $1000. My point was there are ways to get new 1911's in this stupid state. They don't care how many you build or have built. Just already finished ones. Yes I know a dealer couldn't transfer my now finished gun to another Mass resident. That's what FA10's are for.001.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions of other manufactures or other solution to my dilemma? Being a college student puts a deficit on my spending budget.

Get a job, save your money, and increase your budget. Trying to get a 9MM 1911 for short money will have you back here posting what a POS it is.

If you are on a limited budget, and want a 9MM, get a S&W M&P

I know this will start a flood of Para Ordnance bashing but I've owned a Para p18 9mm for several years now that I've had zero problems with. I had the trigger improved and added a Dawson front sight.

The Browing High Power can be had for under $1000.

Designed by JMB, single action only, 13 round mags, and designed for the 9mm. IMO better looking too. It might be the perfect compromise.

I know this will start a flood of Para Ordnance bashing but I've owned a Para p18 9mm for several years now that I've had zero problems with. I had the trigger improved and added a Dawson front sight.

Yes, it will. This is on Four Season's web site:

Please note: We no longer sell new Para Ordnance handguns. We have had repeatedly bad experiences with quality control, repair issues and probably the worst customer service in the firearms industry.

screw a 9mm 1911 broham, get a nice poly framed gun that will out that 1911 on weight [smile] M&P, Glock, Ruger SR series, kahr etc. Also, if you want a decent 1911 for a good price (wont be 9mm in any case) check out the ruger SR1911 or the Remington R1! well below a grand typically but the ruger will be harder to find. keep your eye out in shops for used units, shop on the net etc. there are deals to be found if you dont mind searching and biding your time [grin]

Dom

Back
Top Bottom