• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm 1911 Suggestions

Actually, I was noticing quite a few 9mm 1911s in the Classifieds lately. Seems to be good timing, OP.

Out of budget and I’m in mass, so unless it’s on the roster, I can’t do an ffl transfer, private sales only. So unless you know someone in mass who has this for sale personally, this is irrelevant
Dan Wesson PM9 FTW!
I haven't shot mine in a while but I'll never sell it. Awesome gun.

Older pic of mine - I've since changed out the curved trigger to a flat trigger. This isn't the factory finish, I had it hard chromed.
1651184038639.png

RifleGear and LG-Outdoors has them in stock

Dan Wesson PM9 FTW!
I haven't shot mine in a while but I'll never sell it. Awesome gun.

Older pic of mine - I've since changed out the curved trigger to a flat trigger. This isn't the factory finish, I had it hard chromed.
View attachment 609435

RifleGear and LG-Outdoors has them in stock
I like the finish on that! Where did you get that done?
My pm9 is the little brother to the DW pm10 that it sits next to in the safe🤣

I picked up a used Springer RO a few years ago. Fun little gun. I’ve only run ball/target ammunition through it. So far, it’s run like a top.

Might shoot steel with it next weekend.

In Massachusetts, I would buy another S&W Pro Series 9mm... And I would not buy another Colt Competition series. The S&W is tight and accurate. The colt is accurate, but rattles like an old Nash Rambler with a bad cylinder.

I love my SA EMP CCC, but haven’t found a JHP that will work with it yet. Ball ammo, it runs like a top. If it’s for range only, not a bad choice (not full size, but very easy shooting firearm).

I like the finish on that! Where did you get that done?
My pm9 is the little brother to the DW pm10 that it sits next to in the safe🤣
I sent it to Metaloy back in 2016. I don’t believe he’s still in business anymore. Did good work though.

You should seriously consider the Springfield EMP. The new EMP Ronin is not on the list yet, but that shouldn’t stop you. You might still be able to find a new Champion Concealed Carry Contour like mine (which is on “the list”). Here is my post from another thread: "Old Tech" or "New Tech"? Buying a new gun. Poll

Here is a pic of my EMP with its Wrights holster: EMP.jpg

If your talking 1911's Dan Wesson for that price range, BUL armory makes a good 1911 9mm with a lot of added features like checkered frame etc.....

Personally, I'd just buy a Canik TP9SFX race gun, trigger almost as good and 1/3rd the price, and you can put a red dot on it.

If your talking 1911's Dan Wesson for that price range, BUL armory makes a good 1911 9mm with a lot of added features like checkered frame etc.....

Personally, I'd just buy a Canik TP9SFX race gun, trigger almost as good and 1/3rd the price, and you can put a red dot on it.
from a DWS to Canik, yep.
:)

I've a Ruger,S&W Pro series,Springfield RO and a RIA all were available in MA. The Ruger needed a replacement recoil spring as I was getting FTF 12# Wilson spring solved the problem. I think Kahr makes a 1911 in 9mm that may be MA compliant

And from an all steel 1911 to a cheap polymer striker fired pistol [laugh]
I think the title of this thread said 1911 lol
Now...Now.......told him to buy Dan Wesson or BUL armory....

He said he had 9mm to shoot.....LOL!!

Agree...not even close to the same animal. Canik would be the much more reliable gun to buy! I hate 9mm 1911's......most dont run right without a form of intervention.
Love me a good .45 1911 though!

Now...Now.......told him to buy Dan Wesson or BUL armory....

He said he had 9mm to shoot.....LOL!!

Agree...not even close to the same animal. Canik would be the much more reliable gun to buy! I hate 9mm 1911's......most dont run right without a form of intervention.
Love me a good .45 1911 though!
I have a more than affordable RIA TP9 FS in 9mm that has run flawless for me since the day I bought it. Eats any box ammo I feed it , plus my reloads. I know it's not the fanciest gun on the market , but it's all steel , and it's actually got a really tight fit. I am more than pleased with it for under the $600 price that I paid for it.

Surprised there hasn't been more mention of RIA 1911s.
I have an Officer's in .45ACP that is flawless, but to the 9mm point, I also have an A1 MS TACT2 in 9mm that is also a good, reliable shooter.
I've had no issues with it.

I just don’t see how I can get a reputable company to send one to an ffl if the ffl can’t legally sell it to me once they get it.. pm me if I’m missing something
I usually just ask and sometimes pay some extra shipping, Some FFL in very free states like sticking to the man,

Back
Top Bottom