• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mystic Valley Gun Club

Is anyone a member here is the range still in business? Their website is down and I've left several messages regarding membership on their voicemail. Is there a new members night or does anyone know of someone to contact? My Father was a member years back and remember the place as being quite good. Thanks in advance!

http://www.mvgunclub.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't heard of it. But you can always come down to Mass. Rifle Association in Woburn. Just a couple towns over.Two 24-hour indoor ranges and several outdoor ranges up to 200 yds, plus archery, trap and sporting clays. Also have avid action shooting and rifle teams going.

www.massrifle.com

I'm a member of both Mystic Valley and Mass Rifle. The MVGC website has been down for ages ( my understanding is a member took over its maintenance from a vendor and utterly failed.) Messages on the machine always go unanswered.

From a lot of standpoints, they are unorganized but the range is pretty nice. Its located in a non-descript building on Canal Street in Malden close to Anthony's function hall. Indoor range, 24 hour access, handguns only. My suggestion is to drop by on a Saturday morning when the regulars are hanging out.

MRA isn't too far away but MVGC is only a couple of minutes drive from my house in Somerville and my boat club in Medford so its super convenient .

Bugie

I stopped in there to check the bulletin board last week. I
believe members night is wednesday night. If I remember,
I'll stop in this weekend and and check the calendar. They
gave up on the web site I think. They had a table at the
Shriner's show back in February, and offered a discount
for new members. Dues are $80 annual, with a $200
initiation fee. You must be an NRA member and have a
gun license. Dave W. has always called me back before
when I've left a message on the machine.

The next membership nights are August 16th and 23rd. Wednesday
nights at 8 PM, I believe. Checked the calendar today. There is a
members meeting scheduled for September 9th.

Is anyone a member here is the range still in business? Their website is down and I've left several messages regarding membership on their voicemail. Is there a new members night or does anyone know of someone to contact? My Father was a member years back and remember the place as being quite good. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Greycar, if you wouldnt mind checking on memership night info I'd really appreciate it. I'll try leaving a message again. My father was a member back in 1993 and found the range very convenient as I live in the area.

I did. Membership nights are marked on the calendar for
August 16th and 23rd. Show up around 8 PM, and there
should be someone in the office. Ring the bell if the door
is locked. Someone will let you in.
gc

Greycar, if you wouldnt mind checking on memership night info I'd really appreciate it. I'll try leaving a message again. My father was a member back in 1993 and found the range very convenient as I live in the area.

Many thanks Greycar, got a call from Bob and showed up for new member night last night. Signed up and cant wait to shoot. Looks like the inside hasnt changed since last I was there over 10 years ago :)

MVGC is alive and well. The website was built by someone that was not a member of the club and was rarely updated. When we decided to take over the site ourselves the domain had expired and was registered by someone else that wanted to SELL it back to us. We chose to change the web site to www.mvgunclub.com rather than comply with the blackmail.

Club officers are present every wed night except during July and Aug. Any issues can be adressed to me at [email protected] and I will either address it or forward to the appropriate officer.

MVGC is alive and well. The website was built by someone that was not a member of the club and was rarely updated. When we decided to take over the site ourselves the domain had expired and was registered by someone else that wanted to SELL it back to us. We chose to change the web site to www.mvgunclub.com rather than comply with the blackmail.
yeah, that happened to me as Franklin Lodge's webmaster when I didn't pay attention to the bills. [rolleyes] Be patient... when you don't cave, he'll let the domain registration lapse next year and you can get it back. That's what I did. [smile]

Are they still doing the Friday night IPSC matches during this winter??? If so when are they starting up?

Pete

Jake and Denton were running the matches last year. Jake moved out of state to become a federal officer and I think it may have been too much work for one person since we haven't heard from Denton this year. We do plan to have a "Fun night" shoot at least one friday nite a month which could be pins, plates, IPSC , etc depending upon what the people showing up want to do. Watch the website for updates: www.mvgunclub.com

I know this is an old thread, but it still pops up in Google searches and we're still getting referral traffic from NES to the old website. Please be advised that the website of the club has changed.

The new website address is: http://mysticvalleygunclub.com

For general questions please send us a message via our contact page or leave a voicemail at 781-322-7894

Astute readers may have noticed that we finally got our original domain name back from the cybersquatting POS that stole it and wanted us to buy it back at a huge premium. For the record, we didn't give him one red cent.

(If a mod wouldn't mind updating the other links in this thread I would really appreciate it.)

I know this is an old thread, but it still pops up in Google searches and we're still getting referral traffic from NES to the old website. Please be advised that the website of the club has changed.

The new website address is: Mystic Valley Gun Club

For general questions please send us a message via our contact page or leave a voicemail at 781-322-7894

Astute readers may have noticed that we finally got our original domain name back from the cybersquatting POS that stole it and wanted us to buy it back at a huge premium. For the record, we didn't give him one red cent.

(If a mod wouldn't mind updating the other links in this thread I would really appreciate it.)

Good for you!!

I had this very same issue with my Lodge website (franklinlodge.org); I neglected to renew it until a day or two later and someone had grabbed it. I basically ignored him, registered franlinlodge.com for a year and and notified the brethren and Grand Lodge... and at the end of the year, bought the .org domain back.

This club is only a few miles for me. I'm gonna go to the new members night this Thursday evening and check it out. Anyone shoot here? Any opinions about the club?

This club is only a few miles for me. I'm gonna go to the new members night this Thursday evening and check it out. Anyone shoot here? Any opinions about the club?

A few of us will be hanging out there tonight if you want to swing by and take a look.

A few of us will be hanging out there tonight if you want to swing by and take a look.
Hey, I appreciate the offer but I'd have a difficult time getting over there at a reasonable hour this evening. My wife takes a class on Wednesdays and I watch our daughter. Hopefully, things will go well on Thursday and we can meet up at the club sometime.

I went last night and passed my shooting accuracy and gun safety handling test. Nice club and conveniently located for me. Going back next Thursday to get my key card. Good stuff.

Just attended the meeting and passed the safety and shooting test last Thursday. Will be picking up my access card this Thursday.

The place is very clean and seems well run. Those administering the shooting test were very helpful and patient. We had a group of around 8 people joining that night.

They have a nice air-handling system at MVGC and the lanes work well.

A couple of the club officers recently did some work to upgrade it to make it even better. (And just wait until you see the lighting improvements that the executive officer has planned!)

Last edited:
Just attended the meeting and passed the safety and shooting test last Thursday. Will be picking up my access card this Thursday.

The place is very clean and seems well run. Those administering the shooting test were very helpful and patient. We had a group of around 8 people joining that night.

Awesome, Congrats.

I joined about 5-6 months ago and there were close to 30 qualifying with me.

A couple of the club officers recently did some work to upgrade it to make it even better. (And just wait until you see the lighting improvements that the executive officer has planned!)

Awesome news! Any chance of AC in the range area? [rofl]

Awesome news! Any chance of AC in the range area? [rofl]

Unfortunately no. It's a 100% makeup air system that completely circulates all of the air in the range every few minutes. Cooling that much air that fast would be prohibitively expensive.

I live close to this range. The only problem I have is that I don't want to support NRA.

Back
Top Bottom