• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

$99 mosin arrived

jpm

Got in on this deal as soon as it came up and it arrived yesterday. Very nice! Its a 1943 Izhevsk with shellacked/lacquered stock. All matching low serial numbers too (185!) including the buttplate. Interesting cartouches on the stock. The bayonet wasn't matching numbers unfortunately but that's ok. Only a few dings here and there on the stock, probably able to cover them up pretty easily.Bore and rifling look very good as well and virtually no cosmo to clean off which is a huge bonus IMO!

Can't wait to get it to the range. Gotta wait for sunlight to snap some pics tho.

Last edited:
Didn't happen till daylight tomorrow then [wink] Pics look so much better in natural light.

For the Hand Select fee will they pick out a specific type and year? Looking for a Tula around 1941 with hard wood stock.

how are the dings and scratches on that b grade?

Last edited:
I think the company will only grab 10 rifles, then take the best of those 10. I don't know if they'll look for year and manufacturer in those 10 or not. I have this vision of this wonderful unending forest of MNs that they have to stroll through.

Anyway, finally broke my C&R cherry on this same deal. Somehow my license got F'd up, and I couldn't buy it until today - so I get the black Friday price of $90.

Here's some pics. The dings on the stock are really just cosmetic, they aren't gouges. Seems to be just marring the finish.

P1012188.JPG
P1012186.JPG
P1012187.jpg
P1012192.JPG P1012190.JPG P1012189.JPG

Last edited:
Nice rifle, but that is not a laminated stock. That stock is solid wood. The laminated stocks are made up of thin layers of wood, glued together, so they have a striped pattern when looking at the top or bottom, like this:

Is it counterbored? I am so dang tempted to buy another one at this price, but I really don't need any more.

Last edited:
ive been trying to order 2 all day long..no luck getting through :(

Last edited:
Nice rifle, but that is not a laminated stock. That stock is solid wood. The laminated stocks are made up of thin layers of wood, glued together, so they have a striped pattern when looking at the top or bottom, like this:

Is it counterbored? I am so dang tempted to buy another one at this price, but I really don't need any more.
$99 with lam stock, i was about to ask if i could borrow that time machine. but even so 99 for a rifle with bayo is a deal

oh thanks for that picture, yeah I guess mine is not laminated. I was thinking of the coating on the wood, I guess I was thinking of lacquer when I said laminated. Its a kind of lacquer or shellac on the wood that is marred and looks lighter.

Not counterbored, that was one of the first things I checked and the bore is really nice and clean. Looks like it has been test fired and that's about it. They are very 'dry' though, no lube on the metal parts anywhere, even in the bolt. I took it completely apart and it was the cleanest bolt I'd ever seen, not a spec of grease, oil. That's changed now [wink]

For only $90 now I was thinking of grabbing another. Oh and the book that comes with it is a riot, very badly translated but has some cool records in the back where it lists the original russian s/n.

that seems to be a low serial number...does that make it an early run or something? any mosin experts know?

molot dropped the fancy boxes from what I hear. What makes the molot rifles kind of cool is they are shipped pre boxed and labeled how they grade them....so you could get anything.
I have come to the conclusion molot is much like the cmp. Getting all the surplus they can find, tagging it with their marks and getting them to us a a decent price....thank you you commie sumbeeches......dam still cant find my smiley selection?

It took 2 or 3 days for them to get it shipped and email me when it did. I think you should probably contact them and see if they are waiting on an FFL from you.

They sold out early Sunday...I told my buddy over and over again to place a order.....he didnt.

They are swamped with orders right now. At least a 2 week wait on shipping. Glad someone is doing great business!

not surprised after they dropped the price to $90 for black friday! Probably had multiples being ordered.

Just got back from the range to test it out. Shoots nice! Much less kick than my M38. Pretty close to on target too, just needed a slight adjustment up and left at 50 yards. I'm pretty happy with it!

Just got mine off the UPS truck! My first C&R purchase. BTW - thanks UPS for delivering with a signature at noon, instead of at 1800 like my shirts and books!

For an $89 rifle - this is nice. I'm in the middle of paperwork hell right now so I can't play with it too much. It is a 1939, all number match that I see (strike through on mag floorplate). I've got to start digging as to who made it and such, but it is in real good shape. A couple dings on the stock, but the bore is bright and metal is good.

Just thought of an edit for "Enemy at the gates" scene. "Those with the ammo, shoot. Those with the rifle, follow the man with the ammo - when he dies, take his ammo and load your rifle"

Back
Top Bottom