Auburn Sportsmans Club

I was wondering if anyone here shot there? It is fairly close by and has a bar and a place to hang out. I am getting my LTC at the end of the month and I am looking for a place to shoot. I called today and they said they are always accepting new members but I need a sponsor is there anyone that can help with that as well? Any input is appreciated!

Yes I actually have looked into going there. I heard it is a little difficult to get into however? I'm just looking for a nice place to shoot, maybe bring a friend, and just have some fun. Is it hard to join there? I'm looking to join somewhere before I get my license in so I can go as soon as it comes in.

Auburn is a nice club, as far as facilities are concerned. The ranges are decent and I like the fact that they have a pond. However, I find that the range rules are extremely strict. Perhaps I was just spoiled at my old club, but I really can't tolerate some of the regulations. Furthermore, the politics there are downright silly at times. You will find that there is a "clique" in which only certain people are allowed in, which is why I stay out of the clubhouse. But if you are only looking for a place to shoot and you can manage to sneak in when the range is empty, then it's great and cheap too! You should also look into Worcester Pistol and Rifle as well, they have an indoor range :)

So, now I have a question for you.... Are you actually from the city of Worcester? And what makes you so sure you are going to get your LTC at the end of the month? Gemme and company are not exactly what I would call friends of the Second Amendment. I'd be interested in hearing how it goes though, since I am up for a renewal soon...

To be honest, Worcester pistol and rifle is my first choice. I can't seem to find anyone here to sponsor or give me a tour so I'm not sure what I am going to do about that. I actually filed for my LTC in Leicester (which is green) although I spend alot of time with my girlfriend in Worcester, my license and residential address is in Leicester. I know Gemme is very difficult to get a license from and I really wish you the best in getting it. Are you a member of Worcester pistol and rifle?

No, I am a member of ASC. However, if I decide to stay in the area for another year, I will likely apply to WPR when my membership at Auburn expires. I don't get to go often and was just looking for the cheapest place when I moved here. I couldnt believe the dues for some of the clubs in the area. The club I was a member at before moving here only charged me $20 a year (believe it or not) and it was great. The people were friendly and there were no rules or regulations other than obvious firearm safety. The grounds were fine and they had "wobble trap" at night under the lights for a very nominal fee which was a lot of fun. I'm almost tempted to drive the hour and a half to go back there....

There are a few people on here that are members at WPR. I'm sure one of them would be willing to show you around if you asked...

Wow $20 is shocking! This is my first time getting an LTC and when I was younger my old man used to take me shooting almost every weekend so I'm rearing to go. I posted in the Worcester Pistol and Rifle thread but with no success yet. I also emailed them but I have yet to get a response. What are the rules at ASC? I am getting a S&W 1911 and I am feeling the itch! Haha

Yeah, but in the area it wasn't unheard of. Most clubs were under $40 a year. The other club I was a member at was $50 and they had an indoor range which was well worth the money. I just assumed that was the average until I moved down here and saw clubs getting $200+.

1911 is an excellent weapon, that is for sure. Probably the next on my list if I were to buy another handgun. I will shoot you a PM with some other info.

Last edited:
Nextech84, where have you been? Give me a call!

I'm a member also at ASC, and they are a pretty decent club, with a nice kitchen and clubhouse. They also have a pond and offer a lot for kids. The only things I don't like is they don't let you shoot at water jugs or cans for plinking, and that there is no indoor range like at WPR. Reply here with a way to reach you, and I could take you as a guest some time (tomorrow-Saturday) if you'd like. Nextech, let's get out there! Maybe we can both bring him (her?).

Oh, and GOAL also runs the W.O.T. (Women On Target) program there, I think in August/September time frame. They also have trap on Sundays.

Nextech84, where have you been? Give me a call!

I'm a member also at ASC, and they are a pretty decent club, with a nice kitchen and clubhouse. They also have a pond and offer a lot for kids. The only things I don't like is they don't let you shoot at water jugs or cans for plinking, and that there is no indoor range like at WPR. Reply here with a way to reach you, and I could take you as a guest some time (tomorrow-Saturday) if you'd like. Nextech, let's get out there! Maybe we can both bring him (her?).

Oh, and GOAL also runs the W.O.T. (Women On Target) program there, I think in August/September time frame. They also have trap on Sundays.

Hey Coyote! Been extremely busy lately and finally made it around to check the forums again. I was out at ASC a couple of times this spring, sighting in some new glass and trying out a new shotgun. Have you been? We should definitely meet up there sometime. I would be more than willing to bring JayD as well... PM me your number, I'm not sure I still have it

If you want someone to sponsor you at ASC, just reply here, and we can get together. It is a good club, with a new president, and they are hoping to get away from the bar scene a bit, and back to their roots. I don't know if that means Fudds or other stuff just yet. The more people from here on NES, the better it will get!

Reviving an old thread..

I just got my LTC and am looking to sign up at a range near Worcester. Anybody here still a member at Auburn?

If anyone is a member, or interested in becoming a member, PM me. I can give you info or a tour or some range time. Would be great to get a bunch of NES folks there.

BIG thanks to Doug (Coyote33) for showing me around the range yesterday and giving a new shooter some pointers.

Some pics of me with my M&P, and Doug's Hi-Point..

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

Last edited:
My pleasure, Dave. Hey, just noticing your grip on that pistol photo. Let's get out again, and I'll give a few suggestions. I didn't know until you were done that was your first time with that gun, or at least forgot it until you reminded me. For the record, the stock trigger on that M&P9c wasn't as bad as I was expecting. However, it did sort of stack on and on and then when you thought it would break, it went a little more, causing me to pull the whole gun a bit. But I didn't notice the grittiness other people speak about at all.

Yes, they had a meeting this past Monday. Now you need to wait another month to become a member.

If anyone is a member, or interested in becoming a member, PM me. I can give you info or a tour or some range time. Would be great to get a bunch of NES folks there.

I just took a basic firearms training class and would like to join a local gun club. I live in Worcester so it could be awhile before I get my FID/LTC. Any help would be appreciated.

If you just go to the bar any evening at ASC there will always be someone (or many) that will show you around and/or sponsor you if you are interested in membership. New members are voted in at the monthly meetings. The next meeting is next Monday 21st of May at 7PM.

was wondering about this one as I live in N Grafton - i see that it has a fairly good archery program, which my wife is interested in. Is sponsorship requred or can we sign up at a meeting?

I am a member there. The members are very friendly and we welcome new members. If you need a sponsor just come down to the clubhouse any afternoon or evening and introduce yourself, there will be no problem in finding a sponsor.

Not to hijack this thread but, I also want to become a member at ASC. I like very close and have been here before. Although i am not the kind of person to walk into a place and start talking to people

Hello,
I'm new to the sport and am looking for a good place to shoot. I hear good things about this club and it is close in location to me. Is it really as easy as showing up in the afternoon, introducing myself and finding a sponsor? Or does it help to know someone currently in the club?

OH YEAH:

family day tomorrow at Auburn Sportsman's Club

Saturday, August 11
12:00pm
Family Day
When Sat, August 11, 12pm – 8pm
Where Auburn Sportsmans Club 50 Elm St. Auburn, Ma. 01501 (map)
Description ASC FAMILY DAY CHICKEN BBQ - Saturday, August 11th 12 noon – 8pm This event is for members and their family and friends so come on down and enjoy! Ticket includes ½ chicken, baked potato, corn & salad served 1pm to 4pm. $9/plate until Sunday 8/5 – then $10 per ticket (if available). Hamburgers, hot dogs & chips will also be for sale. Tickets will be on sale at the bar July 7th. Tony Yodice & his band „On The Rocks‟ will be playing – so put on your dancin‟ shoes! We will have a 50/50 Raffle, Hole-in-One, Ladderball, Bean Bag Toss, Face Painting and the famous HAMILTON RAPIDS waterslide!! If anyone has any suggestions or would like to help out, please let me know! HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE SUMMER !!!

MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU SAW THIS ON NES!!!!

was wondering about this one as I live in N Grafton - i see that it has a fairly good archery program, which my wife is interested in. Is sponsorship requred or can we sign up at a meeting?

I just took a basic firearms training class and would like to join a local gun club. I live in Worcester so it could be awhile before I get my FID/LTC. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,
I'm new to the sport and am looking for a good place to shoot. I hear good things about this club and it is close in location to me. Is it really as easy as showing up in the afternoon, introducing myself and finding a sponsor? Or does it help to know someone currently in the club?

Were you all able to join up? Let me know if you want to check the club out, or need assistance with anything.

Anybody up for hitting the range today? Was thinking around 2:45 this afternoon. It would be GREAT to get a bunch of NES and ASC members together.

Last edited:
Meeting tonight is in less than an hour. Those who want to join, come see me. I usually sit on the right as you face the tables, and will probably have on a green sweatshirt and dark blue flannel shirt.

Auburn Sportsman's Club meeting is tonight at 7:00.

It should be interesting, after all that has happened recently. I need help to get people at the club more active. Any NES people, please come to the club, and speak up when the time comes.

If you are not a member but interested, please come. Express your opinions about what you want to do there, and how you are interested in the RKBA.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom