96.9 upcoming discussion on gun control

Heard alot of it. This Michael Smirconish is a douche. He is pro gun....BUT believes that magazines over 10-rounds are excessive. As soon as his arguements get routed, he ends the calls.

I caught part of this on the way home, and was disgusted to say the least. I wish WTKK would dump Michael Smirconish, and find someone else... hell I'd even take Michele McPhee back.

Severin is no friend either.

I don't listen to Severin much these days, but I do remember one segment where Jim Wallace of GOAL has called in to talk about H2259. Severin seemed pretty supportive then. I can't recall ever hearing him say or imply anything anti-2A. Has this changed recently?

He thinks he can go to his local gun shop and buy the ''.50 cal mg'' hanging on the wall with no prob, and thats not a good thing.

I'm paraphrasing here.

There used to be one or two announcers on 96.9 that I would periodically listen to but lately every time I tune in some moonbat is spouting off.

No one is listening to Smirconish, anyway. He is a bloviating imbicle. Sevrin, on the other hand, is a gun owner who claims that he carries frequently. I have never heard him say a single word in support of gun control.

Brother Severin may own a firearm or two and might even carry one but he doesn't understand what it means to be a gun guy. He hasn't talked bad about guns but nobody has ever "interviewed" him hard enough to get his true beliefs out. When that day happens, I might have more respect for him depending on his answers. My problem with him is his undying devotion to all things Rommney! When Jay talks about him it almost as much devotion as the MSM has for the One...

Joe R.

I could do without Smirconish - I find his voice graiting and anytime you start a gun related conversation with "hey, I own guns, I even have one in the studio.....but"

That's about when i know you're not pro-gun.

That Severin clings to his support of Mitt "Rat Eyes" Romney, is rather telling. Romney was no friend to gun owners and did nothing to make this state better for us -- unless you count making all the licenses cost $100 every 4 years. I also find Severin to be more about bombast and making points that get ratings than actual cogent arguments - my biggest criticism of late is his continued support of Sarah Palin and her version of the Tea Party - when he really ought to be supporting Ron Paul and anything BUT a corporate sponsored movement masquerading as 'grass roots.'

oh crap, Im on my ranting soapbox again. my bad.

No one is listening to Smirconish, anyway. He is a bloviating imbicle. Sevrin, on the other hand, is a gun owner who claims that he carries frequently. I have never heard him say a single word in support of gun control.

GOOD! They should have never got rid of Michelle McPhee.

One thing that Smirconish missed in his discussion last night (I wanted to call in but tuned in too late), his assumption that this mag capacity limitation may have stopped the tragedy in Tucson is that Jared "dumbass" Loughner would have followed this law. The guy was crazy enough to want to murder mutlitple people, what makes one think that he would follow any other laws?!? And isn't that a issue with the ENTIRE gun control debate!?!?!

All this political posturing and legislation looks good on paper, but does nothing (if fact makes things worse) in practice.

These gun control/big government types think that making new laws will fix everything. But mass shootings continue to happen in GUN FREE ZONES!

Last edited:
One thing that Smirconish missed in his discussion last night (I wanted to call in but tuned in too late), his assumption that this mag capacity limitation may have stopped the tragedy in Tucson is that Jared "dumbass" Loughner would have followed this law.

I don't come across well at talk radio call-ins, so I generally abstain. I had hoped that somebody would have brought up the fact that he could have brought 3 10-round magazines, or 3 guns loaded with 10-round magazines.

I do not miss her. My IQ dropped 5 points every time she mangled a word. I swear she was the female reincarnation of Archie Bunker.

Depending on the topic at least she was tolerable to listen to. Smerconish just sounds like a smarmy douche all the time. The Schnitt guy is somewhat tolerable.

John Batchelor is very procedural, but at least his program is somewhat informative. He has the best segue/bumper music, going... too... sounds like Hans Zimmer is the producer, almost. [laugh] Phil Hendries is like the radio version of Jerry Springer, sometimes the callers are hilarious in their stupidity, and other times its just mind numbing.

-Mike

Smerconish just sounds like a smarmy douche all the time.
-Mike

Typical NPR "stack the deck" move. Find the most grating, irrational "pro" person that you can. Preferably one that will cave to the anti position. Or if they happen to make a good point, they are so obnoxious that it is ignored.

Find the wackiest person possible so you can to use as a "this is the face of the opposition" and let them spout off as much looney-ness as possible to let them make the anti case for you. The more tin foil, black helicopters, alien abductions and the CIA really IS after them the better..

I am starting to wonder if the 96.9 line up really moving to the left is some prep for the "fairness doctorine"..

Last edited:
Depending on the topic at least she was tolerable to listen to. Smerconish just sounds like a smarmy douche all the time. The Schnitt guy is somewhat tolerable.

John Batchelor is very procedural, but at least his program is somewhat informative. He has the best segue/bumper music, going... too... sounds like Hans Zimmer is the producer, almost. [laugh] Phil Hendries is like the radio version of Jerry Springer, sometimes the callers are hilarious in their stupidity, and other times its just mind numbing.

-Mike

Ugh. McPhee had THE MOST whiney, shrill, grating voice I have ever heard. When she came on the radio I had to change the station or put on the iPod. Even when I agreed with her, I just could not stand the tone of her voice.

Is "Smerconish" a real name or a nickname?

Ugh. McPhee had THE MOST whiney, shrill, grating voice I have ever heard. When she came on the radio I had to change the station or put on the iPod. Even when I agreed with her, I just could not stand the tone of her voice.

Is "Smerconish" a real name or a nickname?

Everytime she was a guest of Fox25 News my wife would change the station and say "That woman's voice just goes right through me!"

Fingernails on a chalkboard. Really awful.

Not to mention her constantly breathless cadence a'la Captain Kirk. I just wish they kept Michael Graham on in the morning. Egan and Braudi make we want to drive my car into a ditch at a high rate of speed.

I could do without Smirconish - I find his voice graiting and anytime you start a gun related conversation with "hey, I own guns, I even have one in the studio.....but"

That's about when i know you're not pro-gun.

When I here this kind of statement, all I can think of is "I'm not racist, I've got plenty of black friends".

If you guys are looking for good talk radio get SiriusXM. The original content on Sirius Patriot is amazing... and theres limited commercials.

Back
Top Bottom