'94 AWB - Statistics to make an argument against Gun Control

Kinda disappointing turnout IMHO. Considering all the ranting going on lately I thought a thread that provokes discussion of a higher intellect would be welcomed, at least by some. I'm certainly glad I made it...

Thanks...I appreciate facts and logic instead of mass confusion and finger pointing.I was given a slap on NES by another NES member for commenting that the shooter in Conn. had mental problems and that there were warning signs that this guy was capable of doing such evil acts.

Good info, thanks for taking the time to post it. I, and probably many others here, are burned out on CT shooting and Gun Control threads which might explain the low response to your post.

Thanks...I appreciate facts and logic instead of mass confusion and finger pointing.I was given a slap on NES by another NES member for commenting that the shooter in Conn. had mental problems and that there were warning signs that this guy was capable of doing such evil acts.

looks like your right

Thanks for the rep points guys!

My goal with this thread was to give evidence that the 94 AWB was irrelevant due in large part to the obscurity of "assault weapons" use in crime. I was hoping more people would actually read it instead of the business-as-usual threads. I fully expect that over at least the next few weeks there will be many "experts", many of them well educated and with degrees, arguing in the media or even in person (raise your hand if you expect to encounter familial moonbats at christmas dinner) for more gun control. It is our job to be more informed, with better facts and statistics, because unlike the many "experts" who have sprung up in the media, many of us actually know this topic well. If every gun owner took this approach I honestly believe this gun control "crisis" could be curtailed.

I have someone on FB who I have been unable to convince that a civilian needs a 30 round mag. Even the point of needing more than ten rounds in case of multiple bad guys didn't work. Nor did explaining the need for them in case of the SHTF or the military coming after citizens. He calls keeping a loaded AR with 30 round mag for home defense paranoid. But he does believe in firearms for defense, just not ones with 30 round mags.
He also would not stop calling it an "assault rifle." I think I corrected him like 15 times with the assault rifle = full auto.

I don't think he can be convinced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom