• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

92A1 Customization

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to bite the bullet and instead of acquiring a new firearm I am going to customize my 92A1 and send it to Wilson for some work. Mostly action job, sights and some component upgrades. One of the things I want to do is remove the red dot on either side of the safety and change it to a green dot. I need suggestions on removal of the existing paint that wont harm the finish(will nail polish remover and a q-tip work?). And I also need direction on the paint I should use. Will nail polish work or is that not durable enough ( i know it doesn't last long on my wifes nails)? Or should i look into an automotive touch-up paint? I've seen some of you paint your slides so that the etchings are pronounced and such so any info would help.

Thanks in advance.

Just talk to Wilson. Don't put nail polish or automotive paint on your gun. Wilson is the company to deal with for Beretta 92 work unless you want a local guy to do your work.

Yeah you think Wilson won't shove it straight up my ass for the tune of $100 or more? I'm guessing not.

Any gunsmith worth your time is going to charge you a minimum of around $100 to do anything of significant value. Maybe $80 or so for something small. Trigger job, "action tune", whatever. Local or Wilson. If you don't like it, get your wife to shove the pistol up your ass with it loaded and cocked.

The problem with Beretta sights is that they're not dovetailed in place like on most 1911s or say a Browning Hi Power. So if you seriously want to change the sights, you need to cut out a groove in the slide itself. Which means either you need to be able to cut a dovetail out of aluminum yourself or you need a gunsmith who has the proper tools.

Personally, I don't care. You've already said this is "the wrong forum", and your attitude seems to agree with that statement.

Id remove the red with light sand paper and a wooden dowel then use an epoxy paint. I was gonna do Wilson for my A1 then I got the quote. Yeah not happening. Did d spring, elite 2 hammer and single sided decocker myself. Plan to do the sights next.

tk- he's referring to a Beretta model with a dovetailed front sight.

Last edited:
Wilson is not going to be cheap, but I suspect they will probably do the job right the first time.

Id remove the red with light sand paper and a wooden dowel then use an epoxy paint. I was gonna do Wilson for my A1 then I got the quote. Yeah not happening. Did d spring, elite 2 hammer and single sided decocker myself. Plan to do the sights next.

tk- he's referring to a Beretta model with a dovetailed front sight.[/QUOTE

thank you. Finally an answer worth reading.

If you do the sights yourself, Check on it but I am pretty sure they only come out in one direction. I forget which way. .

Any gunsmith worth your time is going to charge you a minimum of around $100 to do anything of significant value. Maybe $80 or so for something small. Trigger job, "action tune", whatever. Local or Wilson. If you don't like it, get your wife to shove the pistol up your ass with it loaded and cocked.

The problem with Beretta sights is that they're not dovetailed in place like on most 1911s or say a Browning Hi Power. So if you seriously want to change the sights, you need to cut out a groove in the slide itself. Which means either you need to be able to cut a dovetail out of aluminum yourself or you need a gunsmith who has the proper tools.

Personally, I don't care. You've already said this is "the wrong forum", and your attitude seems to agree with that statement.

Holy dick attitude your holiness. My response is: No Shit Sherlock.
obviously you didn't even read my initial post or know the difference between a 92fs and 92A1.
For future reference Sherlock the 92A1 does have dove tailed sights whereas the FS does not. More to the point I've already agreed with wilsons pricing on the upgrades I chose. However this particular item ( changing the color of the safety dot) is non standard and I felt it was a simple fix I could do myself without much down side. I have seen many a folk on this forum "bedazzle" there guns. So I was reaching out to those people; of which you are probably not one. Stick to x-box bozo.

Holy dick attitude your holiness. My response is: No Shit Sherlock.
obviously you didn't even read my initial post or know the difference between a 92fs and 92A1.
For future reference Sherlock the 92A1 does have dove tailed sights whereas the FS does not. More to the point I've already agreed with wilsons pricing on the upgrades I chose. However this particular item ( changing the color of the safety dot) is non standard and I felt it was a simple fix I could do myself without much down side. I have seen many a folk on this forum "bedazzle" there guns. So I was reaching out to those people; of which you are probably not one. Stick to x-box bozo.

[rofl] [laugh2]

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't respond. Answering a question without knowledge is the equivalent of taking a shit in your refrigerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom