Sig P250 CA Legal...but still not in MA

Just the 9mm compact? No other calibers or sizes? Given the type of gun, I find it interesting that this is the only [STRIKE]variant[/STRIKE] combination that's approved.
Once you've got the 9mm compact, I suspect that you can buy slides, barrels, magazines, and "handles," since the internal chassis is the serial numbered part that is considered the "gun."

I attended a class at the Sig Sauer Academy on Sunday. The instructor told us the SIG 250 would NEVER be MA compliant.

Sig has pretty much abandoned the MA market with respect to submitting new firearms for certification. There will always be the run of the mill 220, 226, 229, 232s and Mosquitos. I wouldn't expect much more from them though.

I attended a class at the Sig Sauer Academy on Sunday. The instructor told us the SIG 250 would NEVER be MA compliant.

SIG's loss - and a foolish move.

If it meets CA standards, it pretty much meets MA standards. SIG could get it certified fairly easily.

SIG's loss - and a foolish move.

If it meets CA standards, it pretty much meets MA standards. SIG could get it certified fairly easily.

CA represents a much larger market than MA, so dealing with the hassles may be more worth it. And the bigger issue in MA is getting past the AG regs--they'd need to add a loaded chamber indicator and either a safety or an unreasonably heavy trigger--and not just spending the money to get it on the approved list. Not adapting every model to MA makes a ton of sense from their end of things, even if it sucks from ours.

They could, but the procedure in CA covers everything - there is no chance Sig will hear something like "it was lab approved, but we have decided that the term 'effective' does not apply to your loaded chamber indicator".

Ugh..I was getting excited about the P250 hoping I could pick one up soon, then I just realized its not MA Complaint....................this state sucks royally......................

Back
Top Bottom