• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Ware Gun Shop in Ware, MA

CAUTION stay away from WARE GUN IN WARE MASS.[angry][angry]
I put $50.00 down to hold a firearm and they won't refund my money!

I asked if they will hold guns and I was told they would hold it for 30 days with a deposit. I told him I was working a deal with a friend for the same gun and if it fell thru I would buy his. I cancelled the purchase in 6 days and was told "we don't just give money back" [rofl]

Cris ,the manager, said "what do we get out of it if you don't buy it from us". After sometime he said just this time ill refund 50% of the deposit!! Its not the money , I don't like being decieved....I explained to him that mass general law says you have to disclose your
layaway procedure and he said "I know the law im a cop!" I took this as a threat. [laugh2]

I asked him if it was worth losing a customer over it and he said he didn't care and then hung up.

The best part is when I called back,the owner answered and said this discussion is over and he hung up on me.

I'll file a claim with the credit card company. I just wanted to warn anyone elce from wandering into The Ware gun hole. From now on ill stick to four seasons in Woburn.

So, let me see if I understand you correctly. You gave them a deposit to hold the gun and possibly lose a sale from another customer and then you decided that you no longer wanted the gun and now you wish for a refund? If your answer is yes then what's the point of the shop taking a deposit?

Last edited:
Well I guess good things can't last forever, I went to Ware this weekend and and was not happy with the lack of customer service. So I went to Tombstone and gave that great shop my money. I will still call ware for prices but unless the price difference is huge then I will gladly pay tombstone more.

+1 for Dave & Art at Tombstone.

I bought my gun safe at Ware. It was a fair price and they held it for about a month until I could arrange pick up.

I explained to him that mass general law says you have to disclose your layaway procedure and he said "I know the law im a cop!"

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

How much utter crap have cops and dispatchers told people on this forum concerning gun laws? [rolleyes]

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

How much utter crap have cops and dispatchers told people on this forum concerning gun laws? [rolleyes]

+1 on that. I have been a lawyer for 10+ years and I would never even state or think that I knew the law definitively on any subject. Even I will go and look it up and read the cases. Remember, most of the police have had no formal legal training and cannot practice law. So, no one should take their advice (or mine) as gospel. If you want a true legal opinion on something, go and hire a competent lawyer in the relevant field.

To answer the questions about the layaway, it would appear that the no-refund policy must be in writing per M.G.L. 93A and 940 CMR 3.12(7). I do not know whether or not it was. If not, he could be entitled to treble damages (big whoop - maybe $150 total) and attorneys' fees. In any case, not worth anyone's trouble to pursue it. It is a lesson for others, however, that they should understand what exactly they are doing when they provide deposits on anything, not just guns.

Last edited:
Called today and was looking for a S&W 5906 TSW with a light rail, the person answering the phone said he had one, and I verified that it did indeed have a rail on it and he gave me the price.

So I drive the hour out there and come to find that what they have is a old 5906, non TSW, with TSW written on the tag. Was so pissed I just turned around and walked out, wasted two hours and gas for nothing. Now I remember why I stopped going there. [angry]

Call carl at 4 seasons, you will not be disappointed.

JimB

lol, funny that you say that. I had the same thing happen there. Called to verify that a used gun(Remington 870 Police) was actually at the shop, guy said it was, I asked him if he could set it aside for me and he said sure. So I get there, ask to see the gun and he brings me an old 870 Wingmaster.[hmmm] Ask to see the 870P and 'oh that sold weeks ago'.... And then they tried to get me to buy a Remington 870 express saying it was way better(more plastic parts [thinking]) and that it was only $50 more. Said thanks alot and left. I would have been more pissed but I was already out there for another reason, but still swore I would not go back there. Not to mention it was busy as hell and took 15mins to get someones attention.

But they do have a 5906TSW there with four mags and a decent price, but who knows if its actually there and Im not gonna drive there from the other end of the state to get f***ed again.

Since they've really been getting panned lately, here's a (more or less) positive review: my interactions with WGS have all been pretty good, and I'd be willing to go back if I was out that way and needed something. (I've gotten some great ammo deals there.) I do get the impression that the owner either likes you or he doesn't, and it either goes really well or really badly based on that, but they've gone above and beyond for me more than once. (So I guess he liked me?)

That said, I agree with many people above in that there's something odd about the place, and since they're no longer convenient for me I haven't been lately. If they've changed hands in the last couple of years, disregard my commentary, but it sure sounds like the same owner+son duo that I always saw there.

bought my M&P 9c there a couple of weeks ago. dealt with the owner. his quoted price was the best i found without driving more than an hour away.

it was a pleasant experience. owner seemed to like me.

i live within a 2 minute walk to Jurrick's in greenfield. so having to travel to a gun shop kinda tick's me off to begin with....

Great experiences at The Ware Gun Shop

I have dealt with Chris at The Ware Gun Shop and he has been great! I traded a gun there and he gave me an extremely fair price for the gun, the gun I bought was an excellent price as well, lower than other gun shops that I checked. I had another instance where he told me about a particular rifle that was very hard to get, he said if I put down a deposit, I would be first on the list when one came in. About a week after I put down my deposit, I decided against this rifle, not only did Chris issue me a refund check, but it arrived the next day, that is great service!

Whenever I am in the market for a new gun, I will surely contact Chris, keep up the good work!

I would never step foot into WGS ever again. Went there last week looking for a M&P 9mm and the kid was a total A**. I felt like I was wasting his time by asking some questions and having him look at my trade in. They'll realize soon enough that word of mouth gets around very fast, there's plenty of other place to do business with. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and have friendly service than deal with a jerk like WGS...

i agree with thor67, r&r sports shop in belchertown is 10x better than the ware gun shop and the staff at r&r is a lot more friendly and helpful.

I would never step foot into WGS ever again. Went there last week looking for a M&P 9mm and the kid was a total A**. I felt like I was wasting his time by asking some questions and having him look at my trade in. They'll realize soon enough that word of mouth gets around very fast, there's plenty of other place to do business with. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and have friendly service than deal with a jerk like WGS...

Couldn't agree more. Internet price was $50 less than the store price. They said they had no control over the web page. Bunch of lies. I won't go there again, that was my first and last time in The Ware Gun Shop. There are many other places to spend my money.

I just got back from my 2nd big purchase at the WGS, I have to say positive.

I have bought two guns north of $1K MSRP and gotten them for $400 less.

Chris is good to me, I think some of you guys may be catching him after a long shift (yes he's a LEO).

Ammo - not much (two loose bags of .223 on the shelf) and mostly shotgun.

Very few handguns - they do have an EBR/EBS display.

I'll go back.

Ware.jpg

The sign says it all. The town that can't be licked.

These people are born with a bad attitude.

The sign says it all. The town that can't be licked.

These people are born with a bad attitude.

I live one town over and every time I drive by I make yet another promise to next april fools day add to that. "Or shouldn't be for health reasons." if you haven't driven around town, don't.

Chris is not a bad guy but he can take a bit of time to warm up. Don't expect a warm smile and a hand shake you probably won't be getting it.

Just made another purchase/trade this morning. Probably my 6th or 7th from them in the last 2 years. Never had an issue and will continue to buy from them.

Ok . I was at the Ware gun shop today. Store sign said open at noon, I walked in at four minutes past. Limited ammo choices, a few new and used shotguns, a few new and used rifles, very limited mil surp selection and a couple AR15s. The pistol selection consisted of mostly Ruger and S&W pistols and revolvers with a couple of shelves of Glocks and miscellaneous brands. Prices seemed OK. The gent I spoke with, Mike, who I assume is the owner was very friendly and helpful. I asked him if he had any factory MarkII magazines and promptly found one for me. When I asked him if it would fit a MarkIII he was happy to get one out of the case to see if it fit correctly (it doesnt).
I grabbed a couple new pepper sprays since the ones we have now are almost expired, had a chat and I left happy telling him I would be back next time I was in the area.

I agree, the shop does have a limited selection. What the do have is reasonably priced. Every time I've been in there, the staff has been helpful.

I've had a couple short dealings with the younger guy who works the counter and I left shortly thereafter. I'm in the "didn't care for it" camp. I guess customer service means something to me especially as I'm relatively inexperienced with firearms and have a lot of questions.

Called Ware gun shop the other day looking for a certain gun. Guy on the phone says "good luck" I haven't seen those in months. So im going by there anyway on my way to R&R. So I decide to stop in anyway...you guessed it two of the guns I called him on right in the case. WTF. We're you too lazy to look right under your fxcking nose? Then he gives me false info saying the gun only comes with on mag and the one he showed me definately had some signs of being carried a lot of dust and dirt where it shouldn't be. He's selling it supposedly NIB.

Needless to say I walk out of that piss poor establishment to go see the fat man at R&R and he's got plenty of what I wanted in the case at a better price and no questions that it's NIB.

Ill never waste my time at ware again.

Last edited:
I'm in this shop from time to time. I've gotten some good deals here and they have been good about ordering ammo and components in for me at reasonable prices.

Bought an LC9 there yesterday--no problems. There were five guys buying guns at the same time, but it was handled as efficiently as could be expected and they were polite and courteous. Not a huge selection of pistols (thay do have a lot of Nagants).

Back
Top Bottom