• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Ware Gun Shop in Ware, MA

I'm interested in finding out what customers think of the Ware Gun Shop in Ware, MA. How are their prices? Are their employees knowledgeable? Do they provide good customer service?

I've only bought a single hand gun form The Ware gun shop. It was a quick and painless transaction. They have better prices then most and have sale prices that can be very good ($660 for a S&W 1911 adj sights).

They have alot of guns but I really couldn't tell you what the know as I was just in and out.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I purchased a 625 and a 1911PC from them during their S&W sale and overall was very pleased with them. I would buy from them again.

Mixed at best

Depends who is on the counter.

The owner is OK, the kid can be OK, but is usually kind of a turd. There are a couple of other guys I like.

• *Their posted hours are usually not followed.
    *Other than S & W they have very limited pistol choices.
    *Rifle and shotgun selection is good.
    *Ammo selection is horrendous. They "only stock what they can deals on." that is a direct quote!
    *Their regular prices are so-so, they do offer some good specials though. Usually on S & W.

I've stopped going there altogether.

R & R in Belchertown is about 1 million timers better!

Re: Mixed at best

Thor67 said:
Depends who is on the counter.

The owner is OK, the kid can be OK, but is usually kind of a turd. There are a couple of other guys I like.

• *Their posted hours are usually not followed.
    *Other than S & W they have very limited pistol choices.
    *Rifle and shotgun selection is good.
    *Ammo selection is horrendous. They "only stock what they can deals on." that is a direct quote!
    *Their regular prices are so-so, they do offer some good specials though. Usually on S & W.

I've stopped going there altogether.

R & R in Belchertown is about 1 million timers better!

I agree with everything you said. I like dealing with Richie at R&R.

I stopped by Ware Gun Shop while just passing by one time. I saw an older S&W revolver I liked. So, I went home to dig through the safe to see what I could trade. I called up and offered a trade to the owner, who accepted it as an even trade. I drove all the way there (approx an hour) and the owner had left for the day and left his kid there. Well, the kid said that he wanted $70 plus my revolver in trade. When I mentioned the conversation I had with his father, all he said was "Well, it got you here, didn't it?" I felt like driving my truck through his front window!

I'll stick to Jurek Brothers in Greenfield, Pioneer Sports in Northampton (extremely limited stock, but a great guy to deal with if he has what you want) or R&R Sports in Belchertown.

Ware Gun Shop

I always get their flyers in the GOAL Outdoor Message. I have a project going in North Hampton so on the way back Monday I finally stopped in. A bit of a letdown I must say. By their flyers I was expecting a larger better stocked store. Only a few used handguns and an OK general selection. Seemed liked an OK place, but I would not travel out there just for their store. I did not really get to chat with anyone or spend any time. No real criticism, just not the "super" store that their ads seem to convey.

They may have it, but still can't legally sell it to non-LEO Ma residents.

Frosty I know you know this, This just for the others who get the fler that don't know.

Moderator said:
They may have it, but still can't legally sell it to non-LEO Ma residents.

Frosty I know you know this, This just for the others who get the fler that don't know.

I thought that advertising it (without any direct disclaimer) was a bit "misleading". However today I saw their blanket disclaimer which covered every possible reason for not having/selling anything which might be contained in their flyer.

IMHO...
The owner is one of the most abrasive persons that I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.
You would do well to get .20 on the dollar for a trade-in.
His counter "man" is a wise-a** kid who knows slightly less than my dog about guns.
If this was the last gunshop in western MA, I'd gladly drive an hour to go to Four Seasons.
Nick's Sport Shop in Palmer and R&R in Belchertown are much better shops and only a few minutes drive from Ware.

That flier is an "industry standard" flier, probably printed by one of the major distributors. Thus the only thing that is customized on it is the logo/dealer info. Once upon a time I got those fliers from 2-3 different gun shops and they were all identical. It is NOT a MA-specific flier, thus the disclaimer and fact that some things listed just can't be sold here.

All valid comments about the shop. The only guns I've bought there are ones that were part of a "special" sale - well below market or Four Seasons prices. But that only happens once or twice a year - like when they have an excess inventory of Smith & Wessons in December, or during a "Sig Arms" Day.

I do stop every so often to see what milsurps might pop up. You never know what someone might have cleared out of the attic.....

I was at S&W in March, i stopped by the store and was totally disappointed.

Very little inventory, and the comment about the owner was correct,
and for the kid, well they were accurate as well.

Don't need that aggrevation.

JimB

I called them regarding the S&W M&P .40. They told me that S&W is expecting it to be on the Mass compliant list next month. They also told me that they would honor the $499 price if I wanted to put $50 down on the M&P. Sounded fair to me. Now I just need the money.

Ware gun shop is located pretty close to me so I visit it every month or so. Mike the owner, is a bit abrasive but I have found him to be fair. Chris (I believe) runs the counter and tends to be a bit sarcastic. I have bought several guns from them but it tends to be something I really want and I say "what is your best price?" They tend to be cheaper than most stores especially on used guns but they do not have too many of those.

They have a poor selection of ammo. Basically whatever they can pick up that is cheap.

jhrosier said:
IMHO...
The owner is one of the most abrasive persons that I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.

His counter "man" is a wise-a** kid who knows slightly less than my dog about guns..
My wife and I bought our last 2 handguns from Ware. I personally liked the owner. He gave me a great price that even Carl at Four Seasons wouldn't match. The young man who works the counter tried not to honor the price Mike had quoted us over the phone and Mike wasn't there to ask. Luckily my wife had the flyer in her coat pocket and one of the prices matched my down payment. We left with our new toys at the right price but I could tell that "kid" wasn't happy we got such a good deal. [smile]

The people I know that have shopped there all came away with good experiences. It is a good 1hr 1/2 drive from this part of Mass, but might be worth it during one of their Smith days. The only experience I have had with them is over the phone. I usually call them a few times a year to check prices against a local store prices. I have always been treated well over the phone even when the store was packed. I believe once when I called the 'kid' answered the phone he seem pretty professional over the phone. He answered all my questions with straight forward answers. Maybe he took his meds that day.

I am changing my view on this place. I recently went there for the first time, and found the customer service to be lacking. The father, the older gentlemen seemed decent enough but he was heading out the door when I arrived. The kid, who is probably in his mid twenties could care less about helping someone and spent the time I was there talking on the phone. I mentioned to him I wanted to see some Smith 1911s, but he brushed me, and continued talking on the phone.

Last edited:
I have bought two new guns form Ware in the past year or so and just wanted to say that I have had nothing but a good experience. I paid less for both guns then FS quoted and I just asked them for a price on another gun and it was also lower then FS. Plus living right around the corner from them make it great. Maybe some of you guys got them on a bad day?

Doubt it, every time I've gone in there they completely snubbed me. I always give them a "How's it going guys" and they just look the other way. It's happened every single time I've gone in there.

Not to mention they either don't know shit about firearm laws or are just complete dicks(Prolly a combination of the 2). I inquired about whether a certain firearm was considered to be "High Capacity" (I'm 20 so can't have a LTC yet) and they told me I could not own any rifle/shotgun that held more than 4 rounds.[rolleyes] Problem is I have bought two rifles from them that hold more than four rounds. At that point I walked out.

I'll still go back from time to time to see if they have any good deals(which is very rare) and to fondle the long arms in the back, but now my business goes to R&R Sport Shop right down the road, M.A.D. in Greenfield or Valley Sports in Easthampton.

I have bought two new guns form Ware in the past year or so and just wanted to say that I have had nothing but a good experience. I paid less for both guns then FS quoted and I just asked them for a price on another gun and it was also lower then FS. Plus living right around the corner from them make it great. Maybe some of you guys got them on a bad day?
+1, the two guns we bought there were both cheaper than what FS quoted. We dealt with the father and NOT the son though.

IMHO...
You would do well to get .20 on the dollar for a trade-in.
His counter "man" is a wise-a** kid who knows slightly less than my dog about guns.
If this was the last gunshop in western MA, I'd gladly drive an hour to go to Four Seasons.
Nick's Sport Shop in Palmer and R&R in Belchertown are much better shops and only a few minutes drive from Ware.
Ditto. I Go to Nick's, Tombstone or Bron's instead. I went there once the prices were high lousy ammo choice and the snobbiest workers i've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Well I guess good things can't last forever, I went to Ware this weekend and and was not happy with the lack of customer service. So I went to Tombstone and gave that great shop my money. I will still call ware for prices but unless the price difference is huge then I will gladly pay tombstone more.

It actually was the father who brushed me off, I dont expect them to remember me but i have spent some good money there and expect at least a "hello and welcome" when i come in, especially when no other customers are there. I am not really mad just disapointed.

Back
Top Bottom