• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8x57

I found the last of quality 8x57 198gr ammo around.800 rounds crated, $239.20+ shipping of $20.00. .30 a round for FN Portuguese ammo. It is the best I have ever found. I still have some 1940's FN that is stellar. Better than the $6.95 per 15 Yugo "sniper" stuff around at .40 to .46 a round. PM me for details. JP

I think you're talking about Samco Global. They have it along with this which I thought was really pricey but than againm I've never shot it:

Hirtenberger Patronen, Austria, '80s, FMJ, NC/BO (reloadable) 197 gr. Boattail.

Its ok to mention them here because they won't honor Massachusetts C&R licenses or ship ammo to mass either. Even their C&R eligible guns have to go to a Massachusetts 01 FFL, thats how retarded this distributor has become. You out of state folks can get in on it, myself I hope they go out of business and all get deported.

If they weren't so god awful slow at shipping anything, I'd have gotten in on one of the last Yugoslavian M59 SKS rifles they had before they stopped shipping here.
A few years back I placed the order during the end of the month of November. I waited a month (like usual from them) finally called to get an update and was told they were shipping after January 1st because of the hollidays. I called 2 weeks into January and was told they weren't selling to Mass 03 license holders anymore. After a few lengthy arguments with sales reps and finally someone in charge, they said the only way they could sell me the rifle was to have it sent to an 01 FFL and I'd have to wait for them to process.
I told the guy to take the rifle, extend the bayonet, and shove it up his ass![angry2]

Rant over

I have no issues w/ Samco! It maybe a Mass. Thing! The best MS rifles I have received are from Samco. 6.5x55 surplus ammo is the cheapest, and 1/2 the $ of others. I do speak Spanish, so Abda is a pleasure to work with. If you are nice, they are nice! My M41b is incredible, M24/47 is perfect, M38 outstanding. I guess you reep the benefits of being "nice". They have waved the shipping $ on ammo purchases in the past also. I love Miami. Great strip clubs(wait, they start naked), people, climate, beaches and surfing. Sorry to disagree! JP

Don't get me wrong, they import some quality rifles. Everything I've seen with a Samco stamp is top notch in condition.
I was always polite and nice to them up until that point when they couldn't give me a valid reason for refusing Massachusetts 03 licenses. I always overlooked the fact that they often speak broken English and are hard to understand, plus the fact that it often took up to a month and sometimes longer to get a rifle from them.
IMO Samco is a business thats ran poorly.

sorry, I'm getting off topic with the Samco rants. I just want Mass residents to be aware of the kind of company they are.

Last edited:
ammo

you do know that Riley banned the mail order of ammo and components.they dont want to have the hassle of court trial.1.5 million gun owners in Mass could not get off there duff to vote pro gun.
your paying for it now.you had a great gov in King and he could not make 2nd term.[crying]-[smile]

Just to correct this. Angus King was governor in Maine, not the Peoples's Republic. Our past gov was the Rommney man that wanted to be president. Still, your heart is in the right place! [wink]

Joe r.

Back
Top Bottom