8mm Mauser supplies

i was looking to find some .323 bullets and some supplies for the vintage Lee Classic Loader i picked up in 8x57 mauser. anyone know a good shop in MA that has reloading supplies?. i picked some some primers, some powder, (can always use more varget and IMR 4064 ) but i mainly need now just some bullets and shells. it is not a very common caliber so big box stores won't have em.

8mm bullets are going to be fairly pricy unless you use cast bullets.
Brass is easy to get and not terribly expensive. I’d recommend getting some unprimed PPU brass.

As for shops Glenn’s would be a good place to check. If you’re on the south shore try Shooters Supply.

Outback Arms in Plympton is generally well stocked.
8mm brass and bullets are readily available mail order also.

I might have some 200 grain nosler custom comps kicking around I could let go.
Hanover Ma area

Last edited:
I have some Yugo sniper ammo and its not light as I recall. Light in 8mm to me would be 145-150gr. That's what the Romanian stuff is and my Hakim loves it.

Edit: yup the sniper stuff is like 196gr

I resize 30-'06 brass to 8x57
This is a option but if you look around and catch a sale you can get new 8mm brass for under .30 cents each.
Plus QueenBee only has the Lee Classic Loader, bravo and god bless QueenBee . Dont be fooled those lee loaders make fine ammo. I spent many sundays with dad loading with the Whack A Round

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEl9wZyabc

I am excited to start wack-a-round reloading. I love the simplicity and portability of this. I have never wanted to get into progressive or single stage presses but once i got a gun (mauser 98k) that was costly to shoot but could be reloaded simply i figured why not. Plus the one day i went looking to see what i would need to reload 8mm. Gunbroker had a vintage 8mm lee loader for 35$. It was meant to be.

Now i just need to find another 98k to add to my collection

I am excited to start wack-a-round reloading. I love the simplicity and portability of this. I have never wanted to get into progressive or single stage presses but once i got a gun (mauser 98k) that was costly to shoot but could be reloaded simply i figured why not. Plus the one day i went looking to see what i would need to reload 8mm. Gunbroker had a vintage 8mm lee loader for 35$. It was meant to be.

Now i just need to find another 98k to add to my collection
Gotta love the lee loaders. I have a few Lyman 310 and tong tools too.
I’ve sat down while watching tv and banged out a few dozen rounds. It’s nice to slow down. With 3 Dillons I can get ahead of myself sometimes and eat up my bullets faster than I can cast them.

I also like the lee loaders as an inexpensive option to get started on a new cartridge without investing in dies and caliber conversions for my Dillons. Then I always have them as a great little backup and training kit for the kids.

My relative can cloverleaf 22-250 made from a Lee loader he bought in the 70s (and still uses). They are more than adequate for bolt guns.

Now i just need to find another 98k to add to my collection[/QUOTE said:
/QUOTE]

40 Caliber has a very nice RC for sale in the classifieds. Buy it so it’s stops tempting me!

Back
Top Bottom