"88 percent of all Americans support UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS"

I could get behind UBC's but I'd want the following:
But lets not think for a second UBC's are going to stop these mass shootings, this shooter passed two BC's at a retail ffl.
What we need is "REAL ID 2" Act, creating a universal proof of identity which will be required for voting and for purchases (guns, ammo, Sudafed, whatever). That way we can get top minds from all sides to unite in opposition to UBC!

Alternatively, I suggested a special case of NICS for the public (call it PUB-NICS) which returns a "GO" or "No Go" answer,
  1. Free and open to all. The seller doesn't need to register or provide any personal information, gets a digitally signed printable "receipt" to keep.
  2. Immunity for the seller. A sale which proceed on a "GO" response receives full PLCAA-style immunity to civil and criminal persecution (e.g. no "negligent entrustment" suits)
  3. 100% voluntary. Anybody can choose to opt-out, resulting in all queries returning "No Go" (satisfies the "ban the box" crowd.
  4. Repeals FFL monopoly. Bypasses existing federal restriction on private interstate FTF sales.
I believe it is technically possible to implement a form of "universal" background check which cannot readily be perverted into a firearms and firearms owner registry, but of course the actual long-term goals of UBC proponents would not be served by such a solution, so it'll never happen.

the question about surveys is how it was written (clear or ambiguous), the allowed responses yes/no or an explanation and does the answer actually say what you want it to say, or is it open to the reader's interpretation . Slanted questions and twisted interpretations are the currency of the pollsters. They usually find the results that the people /organization, that commissioned the poll, want.

The survey questions were posted in the article. They are legit. What I question is the validity of the data. I don't buy it for a second. Not a single second. I'm no conspiracy theorist. But you don't get some of the early question results then a completely slanted anti-gun stance across the board despite allegedly having a very broad cross section of Americans.

"An overwhelming majority of Americans questioned in a poll conducted one day after the mass shooting at an elementary school in Texas supports background checks on all gun sales".

Don't these twatwaffles understand a "universal background check" law would not have prevented this? The murderer PASSED one to buy a rifle because he had no criminal record. FFS these people don't even show one iota of intelligent original thought.

No. That's why the government needs to do a mandatory mental health check to every single high school student. ROFL!!! An overwhelming majority of respondents support it. Legal? Constitutional? These things do no matter. A poll says we need it! LOL

What we need is "REAL ID 2" Act, creating a universal proof of identity which will be required for voting and for purchases (guns, ammo, Sudafed, whatever). That way we can get top minds from all sides to unite in opposition to UBC!

Alternatively, I suggested a special case of NICS for the public (call it PUB-NICS) which returns a "GO" or "No Go" answer,
  1. Free and open to all. The seller doesn't need to register or provide any personal information, gets a digitally signed printable "receipt" to keep.
  2. Immunity for the seller. A sale which proceed on a "GO" response receives full PLCAA-style immunity to civil and criminal persecution (e.g. no "negligent entrustment" suits)
  3. 100% voluntary. Anybody can choose to opt-out, resulting in all queries returning "No Go" (satisfies the "ban the box" crowd.
  4. Repeals FFL monopoly. Bypasses existing federal restriction on private interstate FTF sales.
I believe it is technically possible to implement a form of "universal" background check which cannot readily be perverted into a firearms and firearms owner registry, but of course the actual long-term goals of UBC proponents would not be served by such a solution, so it'll never happen.
Great point.
I’ll support UBC when these butt wipes have voter ID laws that prevent every single illegal from voting OR being on any .gov tit.

Whose with me??? 😂

anybody wants to throw in best guesses what may be in the product the combined schumer-mcconnell 'team' will produce on a gun control?
not if it would matter much or be even passed in congress, but, still?

Last edited:
If this were true. The legislation would have already gotten passed already years ago. Even CNN reported that the vast majority of Americans don't want ANY more Gun laws.
Anyone who crosses the line on this one should get shitcanned in Nov.
The past two year have been an object lesson in the modern necessity of the 2nd Amendment: From Kungflu panic in US cities, to BLM riots, global tyranny on display in Austrialia/China, the invasion of Ukraine....
People aren't buying it and this is just grandstanding, demonizing anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% that they are evil child-killers. F that.
This latest shooting is the cherry on top. The moral of the story is that that police have NO OBLIGATION to risk their own lives to save yours and will stand around for hours with guns, tasers, and handcuffs between parents who want to go in and save their own children.
Not today Satan....

The both of those stupid old fools have nothing I’ll ever support.
your support is not required, only yours obedient compliance.

i guess we will wait until that vomit will be published. i expect they will try to push out the mandatory universal background checks, combined with age restrictions.
will see.

the interesting thing about that statistic is the probably 90 percent of those 88 percent absolutely no idea that a background check is required when buying a gun from a dealer
The other interesting thing about it is, it's just another complete bald faced lie put out there by gun control zealots.

New Poll: 95% of all Americans surveyed in the aforementioned poll don't even know what a NICS check/background check is

New Poll: 30% of all Americans think an 18 year old can go into a gun store and buy an automatic rifle

Not to mention that right at the end they show that they have under represented gun household in the poll. 38% of the respondents lived in a household with a gun while the latest statics on gun ownership in the US report 42-44% of households have at least one gun.
BFD. They didn't interview the family member who's carrying.
Concealed means concealed.
[rofl2]

They'll just add more and more groups of people to the NO-GO list.

I’ll support UBC when these butt wipes have voter ID laws that prevent every single illegal from voting OR being on any .gov tit.
Holding out until they kick every single one of them to the curb in Tijuana.

BFD. They didn't interview the family member who's carrying.
Concealed means concealed.
[rofl2]

They'll just add more and more groups of people to the NO-GO list.

Holding out until they kick every single one of them to the curb in Tijuana.
OK. A tad more room for negotiation is fine with me.

I’m stubborn but maintain an open eye.

New Poll: 95% of all Americans surveyed in the aforementioned poll don't even know what a NICS check/background check is

New Poll: 30% of all Americans think an 18 year old can go into a gun store and buy an automatic rifle

Is not *88* somehow coded chit-chat insinuations.

I'm confused how known facts & data become exploited as "gun show loop hole" facts & data.
O'oooooo, its the media's biases I'd speculate.

But I guess I'm confused.

GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES............

Attachments

• 1D9940F6-C0EE-4FEE-BEC6-4D891F1FDA3E.jpeg
    1D9940F6-C0EE-4FEE-BEC6-4D891F1FDA3E.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Yeah, I’ll make sure to follow any BS unconstitutional new rules the illegitimate .gov rams down our throats. I’ll follow the new dictates to the T!!!

Polls are shit

But this is a dangerous topic because most americans, gun owners and even "conservatives" don't really understand the danger factor of UBC. They think its all about stopping the bad guy, until they become the "bad guy" thats never hurt a soul physically in their life and they're getting "suddenly" harmed by its existence.... perhaps because they have an opinion the machine doesn't like.....
that's also the obvious slippery slope with red flag shit too.

I had a physical for life insurance a few years ago. A form wanted me to list every prescription I've ever taken apparently in my life. like 12 years before this, I quit smoking cigarettes....had a real hard time with it and the dr. prescribed wellbutrin off label as a smoking cessation aid. I was on the shit for like a week.

I get a call a few days after the physical and they wanted to know if I am sure I included every prescription. I was like "um yeah I think" and then they're like "gotcha! ha....we see you took an anti depressant once like12 years ago so we have to send this back to underwriting"...implying I'm a f***ing suicide risk or something. It all worked out but the point is, you take a pill and that shit goes into a database. If the Knight's of Columbus can access it, so can every .gov agency. The potential for abuse is too obvious.

Somewhere, I saw a chart that related polls on gun laws in proximity to mass shootings - I’ll try to find that. But it showed that 2wK+ after a mass shooting with major media exposure the polls favoring more gun control dropped back down to baseline. That’s why, of course, the Dems want a vote within 2 weeks. Next week, the focus will be on the police response and the GOP will shrug and say people wany more police training and acceptability.

Here’s the ranking of COVID concern 2020, 2021, 2022 at 3rd, 6th and 12th place, respectively. What’s biting us on the ass today always polls high.

D38BC8B6-4EEF-4964-A733-70CB9FA19E92.jpegB56179A3-1416-48B9-A01C-D1905C2FF965.jpeg46FF8780-A14F-4B01-86D6-F4E3AA553A6A.jpeg

d38bc8b6-4eef-4964-a733-70cb9fa19e92-jpeg.620744
Imagine the sh¡t polling behind the "gun policy" line item.
Does that include people who are opposed to existing gun controls?

Funny how I dont know a single conservative in my entire family and friend group who has ever been called to take a poll
It's almost like conservatives and libertarians are excluded somehow from being called (or hang up if they are called).

But that would require the ability of these people to track individual's political views and correlate them with phone numbers, email addresses and even the unique advertising target id you may not realize it's attached to your computer.

Surely it isn't possible or even legal to track people and their habits or beliefs...

You don’t honestly believe that sentence.
Oh you conspiracy theorists slay me.

Next you'll be claiming that getting "so called" targeted ads for hemorrhoids or something are selected for you by things you Google 😂

Seriously, it would take three letter agency resources to track people's interests with any real accuracy! No private company could do that. Certainly not a political action committee. They're all volunteer based. No real money behind them.

Even Shithead-Schumer walked back his push for a token-vote, saying that this should be left to voters in November.
1. It has no way in hell of passing and is wildly unpopular
2. It is another hot button topic to scream at the sky for rabid moonbats in the fall

There is no need for ANY new legislation and all anyone has to do is run the clock until November when the Biden presidency is officially laid to rest.
If there is a vote, and any "republicans" vote for it they should get punted ASAP, that includes the geriatric-tortoise, cocaine-Mitch.

Oh you conspiracy theorists slay me.

Next you'll be claiming that getting "so called" targeted ads for hemorrhoids or something are selected for you by things you Google 😂

Seriously, it would take three letter agency resources to track people's interests with any real accuracy! No private company could do that. Certainly not a political action committee. They're all volunteer based. No real money behind them.
They ARE out to get us collectively - just not us individually. Yet. Not until they have a list, the political will and the money.

CA has/had the balls to go after people on their gun registration lists and the political will to do so when Becerrs was AG, but now that he’s Secretary of HHS, dunno iif successor will follow through. Even then, Becerra said he could only go after 10% who should have their guns collected after turing prohibited persons as he was $100 million+ short of funding. The political cost of that spend was a no-go.

Have UBC along with the agreement it will cover all states with no renewal. Can only be taken away for an actual violent felony and not the BS ones they come up with. Use blockchain for firearm sales.

Back
Top Bottom