• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

870 ejector repair/gunsmith recommendations

Hi all,
New-ish member here and I am experiencing some difficulty with an 870 police turn in I purchased recently. Last Saturday I went shopping for the aforementioned shotgun at a reputable store and it was beyond busy. The staff were remarkably helpful (even stayed late to make sure my paperwork would go through) but I later discovered when I got home the barrel and bolt seemed to almost be "loose" in the reciever. I did a little digging and found my ejector had sheered the forward portion that mates with the corresponding key cut in the barrel.

My question comes in two parts:
1) Is there a gunsmith who specializes in Remington 870s or shotguns in general that comes highly recommended? I'm located on the south shore but will travel.
2) Has anyone been able to find an ejector or ejector spring recently? Or even the Brownells tools? I haven't had any luck finding anything. It's like these old 870s just fell off the face of the earth in terms of availability of parts.
Any help is appreciated greatly!
Thanks,
Matt
Looks like the might 870 has finally fallen. I cant believe these parts are so hard to get now. Just Fn stupid.
I remember when M&M/plimoth bay was in cordage park. Plenty of parts for just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom