87 YO woman tased while cutting dandelions.

I hunt dandelions with a bottle of weed killer and a machete, I take the top off, then a little spritz and it’s dead. I’ve wondered what would happen if the cops drove by - maybe I have an answer.

“She’s so old; she can’t get around too well,” the caller told the 911 dispatcher. “Looks like she’s walking around looking for something, like, vegetation to cut down or something.”

When police arrived, they ordered Bishara, who doesn’t speak English, to drop the knife. When they say she didn’t and moved toward them, they shocked her with the Taser.
I have 2 thoughts:
The cops are outright cowards. I hope the local community raises a severe stink about this with the Chief.
It's always better to learn the language of the country you live in.

These are the type that need to be held accountable for their actions. And when i say that, I mean they need broken kneecaps and ribs. If they were scared of an old arthritic woman, they have absolutely no business being in law enforcement and should be delt with accordingly.

Greg

Why the Fvck would you call 911 on some old lady cutting weeds? 911 is for emergencies. This was not an emergency. The proper thing to do is to send an employee out to ask her what shes doing and tell her to go away. No point in even involving the cops. The police response is equally retarded. Clown world. We live in clown world.

The cop should be reprimanded and the bedwetting sissy who misused the 911 system should be fined or thrown in the county lockup for a couple days... Something. But nothing will happen, well besides an old lady having heart problems after her cop administered electro shock therapy.

The proper thing to do is to send an employee out to ask her what shes doing
yeah, I know what i'd tell my boss if he told me to go outside and confront some old coot with a knife crawling around on the lawn. not in my job description is the polite response.

Knife or not she is an old lady, tazing her was way too harsh. a friend of mine always say: when a mad man get hit by a car, then all his family will come out of hiding. i bet someone somewhere cares about this old lady.

Believe it or not, tough call. No idea if she's crazy or not. 87 or not, if you know your Tueller Drill stuff, you realize a person with a knife is NOT something to mess with.

Maybe if she spoke English. Maybe if she realized walking towards the officers with a knife.

Not a fan of officers getting overly attacky, but not sure what could be done safely. Personally, if I'm a local copy and it's me or her going home happy at the end of the day, I'm picking me.

At least he didn't go all Murtaugh on her and shoot her in the leg before Riggs blows her away while she falls into the pool.

Why the Fvck would you call 911 on some old lady cutting weeds? 911 is for emergencies. This was not an emergency. The proper thing to do is to send an employee out to ask her what shes doing and tell her to go away. No point in even involving the cops. The police response is equally retarded. Clown world. We live in clown world.

The cop should be reprimanded and the bedwetting sissy who misused the 911 system should be fined or thrown in the county lockup for a couple days... Something. But nothing will happen, well besides an old lady having heart problems after her cop administered electro shock therapy.

Agree, and that should have been explained to the club once dispatch received the call.

Believe it or not, tough call. No idea if she's crazy or not. 87 or not, if you know your Tueller Drill stuff, you realize a person with a knife is NOT something to mess with.

Maybe if she spoke English. Maybe if she realized walking towards the officers with a knife.

Not a fan of officers getting overly attacky, but not sure what could be done safely. Personally, if I'm a local copy and it's me or her going home happy at the end of the day, I'm picking me.

At least he didn't go all Murtaugh on her and shoot her in the leg before Riggs blows her away while she falls into the pool.

You must be kidding right? Officers aren't capable of disarming an elderly woman? Clearly she wasn't in attack mode she was cutting freakin dandelions. You would go home happy knowing you a tazed a 87 year old woman who was no threat? C'mon!

Edit: And to top off the insanity they went ahead and threw 2 charges at her. Explain to me again why the Police have such a hard time earning trust nowadays?

I have 2 thoughts:
The cops are outright cowards. I hope the local community raises a severe stink about this with the Chief.
It's always better to learn the language of the country you live in.

Two and one half minute statement by the chief, who also responded. Video at link below. Found it:

“There was no anger, there was no malice in this,” Etheridge said. “In my opinion, it was the lowest use of force we could have used to simply stop that threat at the time. And I know everyone is going to say, ‘An 87-year-old woman? How big a threat can she be?’ She still had a knife.”

“I completely understand and if I hadn’t been there and it would come across my desk, that is the first thing I would ask as well," he said. "Why did we Tase an 87-year-old woman? I guess in that circumstance, I am glad I was there and saw it firsthand and understand why it occurred. An 87-year-old woman with a knife still has the ability to hurt an officer.”

He said the goal was to not have to use deadly force. At one point, he took his pocket knife out and threw it on the ground, indicating what he wanted the woman to do with her knife.

"The question's always going to be why did he (the officer) not retreat," Etheridge said. "The thought behind that would be if the officer had retreated, with her being in an elevated position, he could have easily fell down," Etheridge said, "at which time she could have been progressing on top of him and deadly force could have been used at that point in time. And that was the whole goal, to try to avoid using any type of force, but if we have to use force, use the minimum force."

Chatsworth police chief defends use of Taser on 87-year-old woman (with VIDEO)

My wife gets to defend her self on the geriatric psyc ward with basic hand skills. Imagine what would happen to her if she defended herself with a weapon against patients.
Yes anyone can be dangerous but I honestly think the entire I think or I feel threatened let’s “light them up” ways are wearing thin on the common folks

Two and one half minute statement by the chief, who also responded. Video at link below. Found it:

“There was no anger, there was no malice in this,” Etheridge said. “In my opinion, it was the lowest use of force we could have used to simply stop that threat at the time. And I know everyone is going to say, ‘An 87-year-old woman? How big a threat can she be?’ She still had a knife.”

“I completely understand and if I hadn’t been there and it would come across my desk, that is the first thing I would ask as well," he said. "Why did we Tase an 87-year-old woman? I guess in that circumstance, I am glad I was there and saw it firsthand and understand why it occurred. An 87-year-old woman with a knife still has the ability to hurt an officer.”

He said the goal was to not have to use deadly force. At one point, he took his pocket knife out and threw it on the ground, indicating what he wanted the woman to do with her knife.

"The question's always going to be why did he (the officer) not retreat," Etheridge said. "The thought behind that would be if the officer had retreated, with her being in an elevated position, he could have easily fell down," Etheridge said, "at which time she could have been progressing on top of him and deadly force could have been used at that point in time. And that was the whole goal, to try to avoid using any type of force, but if we have to use force, use the minimum force."

Chatsworth police chief defends use of Taser on 87-year-old woman (with VIDEO)

No wonder they tased her. The cops as big a pussy as they come, apparently.

No malice involved? Maybe. No common sense involved? Definitely.

They charged her with obstruction and trespassing?

I take it back. Only a real hero would do that on an old lady you tased and who didn’t understand what was happening. Scumbags.

Wow. Chief Josh Etheridge is a real scumbag.

I love dandelion salad but you must pick them when their young so they're tender and not bitter

Did someone say something about an old woman dying?

“In my opinion, it was the lowest use of force we could have used to simply stop that threat at the time. And I know everyone is going to say, ‘An 87-year-old woman? How big a threat can she be?’ She still had a knife.”

OK douchenozzle, consider me everyone. Instead of wondering 'How big a threat can she be?' how about using your friggin' brain, and stopping to think she maybe is not a threat at all? She's holding a bag of dandelions, not a bag of body parts.

Heroes.

Back
Top Bottom