84yr-old Gun Collector, Doctor, Felon Had 500 Guns in New Jersey Home

Okay, that may qualify as an arsenal.

What was it that tripped you over the line, the gunpowder, bullets, or amount of guns?
I wonder if he had any primers and brass? If not, the gunpowder wasn't going to be much
use. He probably was using a single stage press and that is what caused the backup in
the powder usage. After all, he only had 75K bullets, it's not like he had a lot. Maybe
he ran out of brass and primers and just hadn't had a chance to get to the store. Clearly
he hadn't got to the range in some time. Cripes, I think that is about a week's worth of
Eddie Coyle's range ammo. [smile]

Last edited:
I know a lot of guys, serious collectors, who have over 200 guns in their collection. It's my ambition to exceed them. I don't know what number is an arsenal, but I feel a real NEED for a few more.

If Deval Patrick ever gets his way and we are allowed one gun a month, and I'm 58, that would mean I'd have to live more than 10 years longer to get to the magic 200.... a long cry from 500.

Damn that's a lot of guns. I'll bet there aren't more than 5 or 6 guys on this forum that have that many. [wink]

So its OK for an old lady to have 500 cats and this poor guy gets it for having 500 firearms?

Sounds like a double standard to me.

Blitz1

Yes...I agree with this one as well... But what do you expect, this is New Jersey! [thinking]

Yes - but the question you should be asking is: Seeing as how this is New Jersey we are talking about, if the defendant's "arsenel" had blown up - and damaged the neighborhood - would you notice the difference? [smile]

In Ridgefield starter homes begin at a million and go up from that point...way up. You don't live in that town unless you have a family income starting at 220k and that's the low income neighborhood.

So its OK for an old lady to have 500 cats and this poor guy gets it for having 500 firearms?

Actually, animal hording is a recognized psych disorder. There's a point a which collecting anything (cats, stamps, guns, precious moments figurines and EVEN guns) becomes a mental illness.

Really, at 84 years, the guy can't live long enough to load 800 lbs of powder, let alone shoot it and all the other ammo he had.

Legalities aside, the guy is a few fries short of a happy meal.

Back
Top Bottom