9 mm Kel-Tec SUB-2000

I'd also like to see Glock make super-high cap G18 style mags in 10mm, .357 SIG, .40, etc.

The 10mm and .45 ACP are a different magazine size, so that's not available.

The .357sig and .40 S&W use the same magazine body with a different follower, so you can easily buy a 33-round Glock 17/18 magazine, dissassemble the mag, change it to a Glock 22/23 follower and load it up with .40 S&W or .357sig rounds.

I believe there's an aftermarket extended capacity magazine for the Glock 21, which you could convert to 10mm with a follower swap, but that's not a glock made item and I don't think any are pre-ban.

The 10mm and .45 ACP are a different magazine size, so that's not available.

The .357sig and .40 S&W use the same magazine body with a different follower, so you can easily buy a 33-round Glock 17/18 magazine, dissassemble the mag, change it to a Glock 22/23 follower and load it up with .40 S&W or .357sig rounds.

I believe there's an aftermarket extended capacity magazine for the Glock 21, which you could convert to 10mm with a follower swap, but that's not a glock made item and I don't think any are pre-ban.

No, I meant I'd like to see Glock make G18 STYLE G20, G21, G22 super high cap mags. I know there's some aftermarket ones, or current ones can be modified, but it irks me that Glock doesn't make them for anything but 9mm. And I live in a free state, so pre-ban doesn't matter unless I'm bringing the gun to Mass.

To the poster asking about the RFB...

I shot one in november. It's a nice rifle. Till it broke... Low seriel number, kel-tec is still working out the kinks...
I'd buy one in a heartbeat for 800-900 bucks. 1800-1900, not so much. I hope they become REAL popular so the price comes down on em.

I had a deposit put down on one of these babies as I thought they looked wicked cool and would be fun. The more I read about them the more timid I got and took back my deposit. I then bought a S&W M&P compact....I just didn't like the reviews I was reading and hearing about the Keltec sub 2000....just my .02

GSG,

AutoOrdnance built a trial run of 10mm Thompson Submachineguns for the FBI. I haven't heard if these were the semi-automatic or fully automatic versions. They may well have been the later since they were built for the FBI. If they're the semi-automatics, I'd love to get one.

The FBI training academy is still using the H&K MP5-10 (10mm version of the MP5) which were built for them between the time when the FBI selected the 10mm round as its new round of choice and when they migrated to the .40 S&W after training classes reported issues with controlling the 10mm round.

The British are issuing a variant of the Glock 20 and the MP5-10 with different barrels to some of their anti-terrorism units. These variants use a .224 BONZO cartriage, which is a 10mm case necked down to .224 on a sharp shoulder and typically loaded with SS109 bullets. The 4.5" barreled glock has a reported muzzle velocity around 1800fps and the 11" barreled MP5 is around 2200fps. This was developed by the British in response to an increasing number of terrorists wearing soft body armor.

Well it looks like I need to move to Britain then to get cool guns. [laugh]

Thanks for the info.

The British are issuing a variant of the Glock 20 and the MP5-10 with different barrels to some of their anti-terrorism units. These variants use a .224 BONZO cartriage,

You mean .224 BOZ ? [laugh]

-Mike

i have one in .40, which takes the glock mags. simply because i carry a glock 23. unfortunately the 23 mags dont fit, but thats what i reload, so i went with the .40 fun little box though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one and I thought it was kind of cool but also kind of cheaply made. The front sight seemed fragile and prone to breaking off or cracking. The ergonomics were not very good either, you had to squash your cheek hard into the stock to get a proper line of sight through the rear and front sight. I also had stovepipes when ejecting fairly often.
I looked at the .40 version at work the other day in the morning meeting. It really is pretty light. The ergonomics don't seem too bad for me if I bring the carbine up to firing position - I didn't find I had to squish my cheek that much.

What did bother me was how... cheesy... the whole thing felt. Perhaps that's just because it's mostly plastic. Still... I DO have a .40 Glock, and I do have hicaps for it. I'm still debating over whether or not to get it.

Unfortunately it's made out of blued steel, which corrodes in my hands in a matter of hours. [crying] If they made one in hard chrome I'd buy it.
They do - at least, we have the stock number in our computer at work for hard chrome versions. I haven't seen any lately, but that doesn't prove anything...

if one clicked the link above ( p. 4 ) re: 10mm AutoOrd etc. There's a paragraph on Mech-tech uppers for 1911's. I've shot them with a red dot. I was impressed.

As for Thompson Guns in general - I have one in 45acp ( AO semi auto ). I don't know what purpose it holds - It weighs as much as an anvil , sights are rudimentary , it's longer than my Bushmaster M4 style .... But : It's a 30 round 45acp carbine that I love to shoot. .... not for sale.

In a Free Land I would look into an Aluminum framed Short barrel Thompson , and be the coolest kid on the block. ...

It's on my shopping list IF KelTec offers one that uses the M&P mags.

I keep forgetting to check for this... what caliber? I seem to recall that there ARE versions that take some sort of S&W mag. Send me a text message sometime during the day tomorrow to remind me and I'll look it up. Also, blued, parkerized or hard chrome?

Was S&W 59 mags. Would be interesting if they have expanded the lineup.

Ah. I haven't seen any since I started, so I didn't know. The Beretta and Glock versions seem to be what Kel-Tec is cranking out lately. And their marketing brochure and their website are a bit sparse on the details.

Perhaps not the understatement of the year, but I'll put in a vote for Understatement of the Month - January, 2010. [smile]

I'd like to thank [STRIKE]the academy[/STRIKE] Kel-Tec's marketing department for making this award possible!

And the Sub 2000 comes in various permutations of blued, parkerized & hard chrome, in 9mm and .40S&W, and versions that take either Keltec, S&W, Beretta, Glock and one other brand that I forget magazines.

Back
Top Bottom