80%

SS1

Looking for direction.
Procrastinated too long, Now Brownells does not offer there 80% paper weight anymore.
Any recommendation's on who makes a good reliable paper weight with tight tolerances . Never done one, But heard the horror stories.
Thank You..

Brownells sells Polymer80, they're just out of stock on the cheaper ones. They still have some of the expensive ones in stock.
Almost any other firearms website sell them. Go to glockstore.com they have a bunch to choose from.

Edit. Sorry. are you talking about AR80% or a Glock?
Brownells sells an AR80 for $60

Call me overcautious, but I would never want to pull the trigger on that.
I know there’s no firing pin but still I wouldn’t be messing with this with live ammo.

Okay.

You're overcautious. I can't envision any kind of cosmic confluence of events which would cause any kind of issue if that trigger were pulled.

Okay.

You're overcautious. I can't envision any kind of cosmic confluence of events which would cause any kind of issue if that trigger were pulled.

Thank you I feel better now. You’re most likely correct.
You’re also most likely correct if I pointed a gun at my head
and never pull the trigger the same would be true but I definitely wouldn’t do that either.

I know there’s no firing pin but still I wouldn’t be messing with this with live ammo.
Nothing wrong with being overcautious. The hammer will damage the lower well before it hits a case. I was actually doing some fitment with the full mag because it wasn't dropping free like it does with a empty mag.

Looking for direction.
Procrastinated too long, Now Brownells does not offer there 80% paper weight anymore.
Any recommendation's on who makes a good reliable paper weight with tight tolerances . Never done one, But heard the horror stories.
Thank You..
Depends on what you want. I haven't heard of any without tight 80% tolerances. From there it's all you. There are several polymer lower types out there. Some have metal inserts to strengthen them up. There are many versions now touting their improved their strength and durability. On the aluminum side there are only 3 or 4 forges that make the forged blanks. From there each mfg does their 80% or 100% magic. There are billet makers who do it all in house. 7075 seems to be the preferred material. How nice you want it to look depends on how much you want to spend on jigs, routers or mills.

Thank you I feel better now. You’re most likely correct.
You’re also most likely correct if I pointed a gun at my head
and never pull the trigger the same would be true but I definitely wouldn’t do that either.

The hammer cant hit the magazine, let alone the cartridge. And even if it does hit the cartridge, it would be a broad strike and almost certainly wouldn’t detonate the primer because the case would absorb a lot of the impact.

Not sure if serious, guy probably is just displaying it that way. The safety is even on. Worse case if he pulled the trigger with it off, its just going to peen the shit out of his lower.

Not sure if serious, guy probably is just displaying it that way. The safety is even on. Worse case if he pulled the trigger with it off, its just going to peen the shit out of his lower.

!00% serious. It’s called being unsafe and reckless. Live ammo is only used when you’re ready to fire. If you’re looking to play use inert cartridges.
It‘s the same thing as putting your finger on the trigger, only when you’re going to fire.

I remember a couple years ago seeing this guy in the lane next to me getting verbally pummeled by some dude for sweeping an AR upper his direction. It was just the upper, physically impossible for anything to happen. I agree with the spirit of promoting safe gun handling, but there is such thing as too far especially when knowledge forbids it.

I have gotten 80% lowers from both of these vendors and have been happy with both companies.
I have the jig from Tactical Machining and I am happy with it. It's not as slick as the 5D jig but I don't need slick.

pointed in safe direction , no boogahook on trigger and on safe...its all good.

That's exactly what will happen, got the witness mark to prove it on the first AR I ever built lol

!00% serious. It’s called being unsafe and reckless. Live ammo is only used when you’re ready to fire. If you’re looking to play use inert cartridges.
It‘s the same thing as putting your finger on the trigger, only when you’re going to fire.
[rofl]

C'mon man. You simply must be messing with us. Ammo as shown in that pic is as safe as kept in its box, but you do you...

[rofl]

C'mon man. You simply must be messing with us. Ammo as shown in that pic is as safe as kept in its box, but you do you...
It's safer than keeping a round in the chamber of a holstered pistol. I get the concern I do, but it is physically impossible, the hammer slams the bolt catch before even coming anywhere close to anything.
IMG_20200705_085011.jpgIMG_20200705_085037.jpg

It's safer than keeping a round in the chamber of a holstered pistol. I get the concern I do, but it is physically impossible, the hammer slams the bolt catch before even coming anywhere close to anything.
View attachment 370624View attachment 370625

What if an asteroid crashed through your roof and hit the primer? Jeez, you are really being reckless here. LOL

Back on topic- nice job with that 80%. Gives the OP a solid example of what's possible.

I’m taking a guess that radioman hasn’t assembled/disassembled an AR? Because the hammer wouldn’t come anywhere near firing off a round in that setup.

I got an pre-order in on two more Raw Billet 80% lowers from Noreen Firearms.
Stock is due in on the 7th. Anodized 80%, add another week or two.

Malodave

I ordered from daytona tactical last week. I'll update when i get them.
Previous lowers were from 80-lower.
But that was pre covid

Attachments

• 20200629_173011.jpg
    20200629_173011.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom