80% receivers locally?

Exactly, make it like FOADMA-0001 etc lol.

-Mike

That's perfect - I'm going to use that one, Mike [smile]

Are there legal guidelines for serialization? Number of characters, location, letter size, font, etc. Or can you really just use a rusty nail to scratch "0MGN0WAYYYYYY" into your lower and call it a day?

The Feds have rules on serialization:

27 CFR 478.92

ATF Guidebook page explaining 27CFR 478.92

MGL talks about serial numbers a bit, but I couldn't find a marking spec:

C 269 S 11E

C 269 S 11A Definition

11E appears to me to only affect licensed manufacturers and dealers. IANAL, and you get to make your own call on Massprudence.

Mike, if I ever reply to one of you posts like you were ranting incoherently its because sometime it takes me a little while to sort you sarcasm from reality [smile]

Now I'm looking into an AK build with a flat, not because there is no record, I'll register it in MA. Not because it will be cheaper, after the parts and equipment, none of which I have, it may be just a little more expensive. But because it will be FUN. Now if I can just decide on how to finish the receive.

It's an AK, hi-temp spray paint and bbq it for 1/2 hour.

Yeah, no registration in MA. But on the top of the paper fa10 the first section lists four options: loss, theft, REGISTRATION and personal transfer. And the back of the form lists 'Registration instructions'

Yeah, no registration in MA. But on the top of the paper fa10 the first section lists four options: loss, theft, REGISTRATION and personal transfer. And the back of the form lists 'Registration instructions'

Exactly.
It's not registration, it's just registration.

My question is about getting a 80 sent to your house using credit cards and all that. The .GOV shows up at you house for whatever reason. They want all you firearms. Can they require you to give them your paperweights also? Maybe the warrant will include gun related "stuff" so I give them those also. Agent says "we see 4 80's were shipped to you, and you only gave us 1". I let him know that drinking and routers don't mix and that most of them ended up scrap. "My Bad" for listening to the 17 year old on youtube telling me how to do it with a cordless drill and some harbor freight chisels.
Am I suppossed to keep all my F'd up lowers as proof? That seems crazy even for MA.

MA will steal anything gun related they can find its not even a question. Guys getting 209As have had holsters and other nonregulated items stolen.

MA will steal anything gun related they can find its not even a question. Guys getting 209As have had holsters and other nonregulated items stolen.

Jesus, I guess they will take my jar of change on the nightstand also because "it has the potential to buy gun stuff".

Last edited:
My question is about getting a 80 sent to your house using credit cards and all that. The .GOV shows up at you house for whatever reason. They want all you firearms. Can they require you to give them your paperweights also? Maybe the warrant will include gun related "stuff" so I give them those also. Agent says "we see 4 80's were shipped to you, and you only gave us 1". I let him know that drinking and routers don't mix and that most of them ended up scrap. "My Bad" for listening to the 17 year old on youtube telling me how to do it with a cordless drill and some harbor freight chisels.
Am I suppossed to keep all my F'd up lowers as proof? That seems crazy even for MA.

You are WAY over thinking this. If .gov is coming to your house to take your shit, you have way bigger things to worry about than a couple of paperweights.

I keep my F'd up 80% lowers as 'proof' that my real lowers got destroyed.[devil] I don't have a boat.

Nothing is too crazy for MA.
By the time they show up to your house to take your guns they're pretty much assuming they will be arresting you. If they ask for something and you can't produce it, it won't matter what you say, enjoy your new bracelets.

The situation is so town dependent and random. Both times they took non-firearms but not other items they should have.

They took bb guns and a blackpowder rifle, but said they did not want the ammo. One town took my 2" Gerber pocketknife but not my father's M1 bayonet.

Back
Top Bottom