80 Percent Glocks (Polymer 80)

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Also, what is the legal definition of “obtained”?

In common usage it means to acquire, but not from creating, making, or manufacturing. Nobody says “I obtained this pancake” when they made it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what is the legal definition of “obtained”?

In common usage it means to acquire, but not from creating, making, or manufacturing. Nobody says “I obtained this pancake” when they made it.
Legally, "obtain" covers both the common usage above as well as "come into / enter into / gain / take" possession, as well as "possess".

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
They'd have to prove that you built it more that 7-10 days (I don't remember what the law says) ago but not more that six years ago, that you didn't file an eFA10 (I'd love to see the state try to make sense of the nonsensical database)... And even then the first offense is just a fine. I would guess that a good lawyer would get you off the hook for this nonsense.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Given the moronocity of so many of our youth, there will be some sort of video on duhFacebork of the dolt shooting it 3 years ago at the range.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
They'd have to prove that you built it more that 7-10 days (I don't remember what the law says) ago but not more that six years ago, that you didn't file an eFA10 (I'd love to see the state try to make sense of the nonsensical database)... And even then the first offense is just a fine. I would guess that a good lawyer would get you off the hook for this nonsense.
If any normal person reads S128A/S128B a few times and don't get a migraine or something that says "If I read this again, I'm going to have a stroke" I would be
surprised. It literally is the "If it weren't for my horse.... " of MA gun laws. I suspect the DAs think this too, that's why I've never been able to find some
news account or anything involving someone actually being prosecuted for it.

-Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any potential issues of registering since p80 may be banned in NY/NJ? Would It be easier to transfer a real Glock frame?

dcmdon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   1
While you can put FA80 as the model, that's not necessary or correct.

The maker is you. What you bought from FA is a block of plastic. At least legally speaking. You turned it into a firearm .

The beauty of this is that you can make the model something like a "F&^k Maura 19" just for fun. And you get to type that into the eFA10 portal.

amm5061

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While you can put FA80 as the model, that's not necessary or correct.

The maker is you. What you bought from FA is a block of plastic. At least legally speaking. You turned it into a firearm .

The beauty of this is that you can make the model something like a "F&^k Maura 19" just for fun. And you get to type that into the eFA10 portal.
"GOF*CKYOURSELF1" may or may not be on my list of serial numbers....

dcmdon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   1
When I was an 07 FFL living in CT we talked to AeroPrecision about doing a run of lowers for us after the passage of PA13-3.
We wanted them to run as "F$ck Dan Malloy 001". Except without the $. They wouldn't do it unless we put in two characters where the U and C normally go. We thought that defeated the purpose. So we never went ahead with it.

It would have been great. Especially since the DPS3 forms are all entered manually and people at the DESPP would have seen it with every transfer.

Top Bottom