80 Percent Glocks (Polymer 80)

Also, what is the legal definition of “obtained”?

In common usage it means to acquire, but not from creating, making, or manufacturing. Nobody says “I obtained this pancake” when they made it.

Also, what is the legal definition of “obtained”?

In common usage it means to acquire, but not from creating, making, or manufacturing. Nobody says “I obtained this pancake” when they made it.
Legally, "obtain" covers both the common usage above as well as "come into / enter into / gain / take" possession, as well as "possess".

They'd have to prove that you built it more that 7-10 days (I don't remember what the law says) ago but not more that six years ago, that you didn't file an eFA10 (I'd love to see the state try to make sense of the nonsensical database)... And even then the first offense is just a fine. I would guess that a good lawyer would get you off the hook for this nonsense.

They'd have to prove that you built it more that 7-10 days (I don't remember what the law says) ago but not more that six years ago, that you didn't file an eFA10 (I'd love to see the state try to make sense of the nonsensical database)... And even then the first offense is just a fine. I would guess that a good lawyer would get you off the hook for this nonsense.

If any normal person reads S128A/S128B a few times and don't get a migraine or something that says "If I read this again, I'm going to have a stroke" I would be
surprised. It literally is the "If it weren't for my horse.... " of MA gun laws. I suspect the DAs think this too, that's why I've never been able to find some
news account or anything involving someone actually being prosecuted for it.

-Mike

Any potential issues of registering since p80 may be banned in NY/NJ? Would It be easier to transfer a real Glock frame?

While you can put FA80 as the model, that's not necessary or correct.

The maker is you. What you bought from FA is a block of plastic. At least legally speaking. You turned it into a firearm .

The beauty of this is that you can make the model something like a "F&^k Maura 19" just for fun. And you get to type that into the eFA10 portal.

While you can put FA80 as the model, that's not necessary or correct.

The maker is you. What you bought from FA is a block of plastic. At least legally speaking. You turned it into a firearm .

The beauty of this is that you can make the model something like a "F&^k Maura 19" just for fun. And you get to type that into the eFA10 portal.

"GOF*CKYOURSELF1" may or may not be on my list of serial numbers....

When I was an 07 FFL living in CT we talked to AeroPrecision about doing a run of lowers for us after the passage of PA13-3.
We wanted them to run as "F$ck Dan Malloy 001". Except without the $. They wouldn't do it unless we put in two characters where the U and C normally go. We thought that defeated the purpose. So we never went ahead with it.

It would have been great. Especially since the DPS3 forms are all entered manually and people at the DESPP would have seen it with every transfer.

Yup, go home, EFA-10 it and you're good.

why would you ever EFA 10 a home built firearm with no serial number? Defeats the purpose of building your own. And my understanding of the EFA10 process is to record the buyer / seller transaction. If there is no buyer / seller what exactly are you recording, your ownership and if yes, why?

why would you ever EFA 10 a home built firearm with no serial number? Defeats the purpose of building your own. And my understanding of the EFA10 process is to record the buyer / seller transaction. If there is no buyer / seller what exactly are you recording, your ownership and if yes, why?
One could argue...

Because it is the law.

It all comes down to the individual.

A. Do you want to follow the law as it is written?

B. Do you want to play with in the gray zone (have 7 days to register it, if you get caught, you "built it yesterday")?

C. Not give a f*ck.

People have different levels of tolerance. Look at AR lowers for example, a lot of NES members will pay $300 for a lower that can be found online for $80 in order to be sure it is "pre-Healey" and "pre-Healey" is not even a damn law.

If you are B or C, it is pretty stupid to post it online.

Ps: if you post one more time, you will have exactly one post per year. You can do it.

Yes, you're supposed to EF10 it to the Commonwealth and Yes, the only reason is to record your ownership.

for example, a hunting rig where you may well run into an EPO in the field.

The one I built was registered. Laugh if you need to. Tell me I'm an idiot and that I defeated the purpose. I've got thick skin. However, I'll just say that I wanted a Glock platform carry piece without the hassle of finding a reasonably priced one in MA. The kit I got was on sale at $400. And I didn't want to have to defend against owning it if it came down to it, as it is a daily carry piece. Imagine you had to defend yourself with one that was not registered? You'd be fighting a giant legal battle on multiple fronts, and I'm sure the prosecutor would wear out the term "ghost gun" in legal proceedings.

What is NOT registering it doing for you???

"OK, we're going after this guy. He's got guns, but no home-built ones. Rocko - you take point."

I mean, it isn't like this is your FIRST guy you've ever registered in their F'd up system. I guess the only reason you'd have a "problem" registering it is if you sold it to someone without paperwork. And if you are doing that, we really don't wanna know in the first place. But some day you're gonna sell to an UC and be MIA in the PMITA prison.

Register, don't register. But this register paranoia is just silly. Unless you have it in a PVC pipe buried in your back yard, they're gonna take THAT gun with the rest of them if they come to get them (whether lawful order, ie: you F'd up, or not, ie: they F'd up).

You may have guns that you want to keep hidden. Then there are guns you may want to use with minimal risk. If your intended use for the gun is to bring it to the range or competition, then you are better off registering it.

If you want a gun to stay off the radar, you are actually better off being 100% legal and just accumulating all the parts but never assembling it. Then it can be turned into a functional firearm within an hour, but you are legally clean in not having eFA10'd it.

You may have guns that you want to keep hidden. Then there are guns you may want to use with minimal risk. If your intended use for the gun is to bring it to the range or competition, then you are better off registering it.

If you want a gun to stay off the radar, you are actually better off being 100% legal and just accumulating all the parts but never assembling it. Then it can be turned into a functional firearm within an hour, but you are legally clean in not having eFA10'd it.
What guns... I have none of these things you speak of

The beauty of a state like NH, ME, VT, or even RI is that you can LEGALLY own firearms that the Government has no idea that you own.

Even in CT you could own long guns the state doesn't know about. If you buy out of state the dealer does not file a CT form DPS-3 like a CT dealer would. And there is no requirement that you let the state know about it when you bring it into CT.

Dennis, you are right.

The know you ACQUIRED them.

Because the system tracks in-state transactions only, if you were to sell the gun out of state, either by shipping to a dealer out of state, or driving it to a dealer out of state, they would not know that you got rid of it.

Because there are no record keeping requirements, you could simply refuse to tell where it went.

If you DID choose to tell where it went, this could be confirmed at the receiving dealer, where they would have both a commercial transactional record of the transfer as well as an entry into their A&D "book".

but at what point when you have all the parts, even if it is an 80% lower that has not been machined or a P80 that can be finished with so little effort a 5 year old can do it, can you get jacked up on a constructive possession charge?

You may be found not guilty, but you are going to go broke in legal fees and expenses in the process.

but at what point when you have all the parts, even if it is an 80% lower that has not been machined or a P80 that can be finished with so little effort a 5 year old can do it, can you get jacked up on a constructive possession charge?

You may be found not guilty, but you are going to go broke in legal fees and expenses in the process.

You can always get jacked up on anything. The Federales or the PoPo can make up whatever they want.

An unfinished 80% is not a gun.
All the individual parts, are not guns.

There is no law prohibiting the purchase of a bunch of paperweights.

I have said it before, go into Home Depot and arrest every dude buying metal pipes and nails. They are buying a shotgun.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-18-at-10.36.26-AM.pngdownload.jpeg

I efa-10'd mine. Didn't even call it a Glock, since technically the frame is a p80 (which is what I called it), no black helicopters yet.
Any issues after you register your p80? I have a couple of builds but don't want to get in trouble if I register.

Any issues after you register your p80? I have a couple of builds but don't want to get in trouble if I register.
Why would there be? It is not illegal to build your own, and there is no law stating that a home built firearm must posses a serial #. I've also built several rifle platforms, same thing.

Back
Top Bottom