80% lowers in MA

Forget the patches. I still wanna know how you can make a firearm from gunpowder.
That article made my head hurt...not sure if the issue was the full auto Glocks or the high caps....all it really conveyed was ghost gun blah blah....hey, if MA wants to classify FA selector switches as bump stocks then go for it

That article made my head hurt...not sure if the issue was the full auto Glocks or the high caps....all it really conveyed was ghost gun blah blah....hey, if MA wants to classify FA selector switches as bump stocks then go for it
This thread makes my head hurt. People wanting proof of something being legal (civics failure clearly since anything not prohibited is permitted...). Ghost gun news story that has nothing to do with ghost guns other than a quote from the AG office (they clearly want to prime the pump for some no stupid law). Lots of retarded responses.

buy a non-gun (80% is a marketing term). In MA anything that does not go bang is a non-gun. federally it has to be less than that (ATF technical branch determination, usually marketed under 80%). Build it. register within 7 days of building (and no, I have no idea how the state knows WHEN you built it). shoot it. enjoy. stop over thinking.

I swear that living in MA for enough years gives everyone inmate mentality. They assume life is illegal unless someone tells them otherwise.

From a legal standpoint, don't go for it. You'll land yourself in jail for longer with a bump stock than a legit giggle switch/sear. These are two different items with drastically different and disproportionate penalties.

I'd have to agree...to build or not to build? can you point me to the MGL section?
This is what I know so far: There is no federal law prohibiting you from completing a 80% AR15 “FOR YOUR OWN USE”. If you put a serial number on it you have turned yourself into a manufacturer which is a FEDERAL offence unless you have the required permits & licenses. Massachusetts law is less clear. Obviously if you complete a AR15 you are in violation of “Healy’s Law” but since that’s not an actual law it may be a non issue. However, if you become the test case for enforcing “Healey’s Law”, be prepared to spend about $500k, perhaps more. Healey has been effective mainly by making everyone afraid of being first. Her so called opinion has created an environment where large online retailers are self imposing even stricter “laws” on themselves to avoid getting on her radar. Recently Cheaper Than Dirt refused to ship an AR15 upper assembly to Massachsetts for no reason except “company policy”, Brownells shipped it 2nd day free of charge for less money. Do your research and support the retailers that support the 2nd Amendment in Massachusetts. Back to 80% weapons, IMHO if the weapon is legal in Massachusetts and you decide to complete an 80% version you are breaking no laws except perhaps it not being specifically listed on the allowed weapons list and of course not registering it should you decide not to. Remember NOT to put a serial number on your completed 80% weapon or face Federal law. The idea of an 80% is to have a weapon with absolutely no record of its existence. Be advised that Healy has been trying to find away to get a list of people that have ordered 80% kits by putting pressure on retailers of these kits. She has been making some progress. So buy with caution. If you must own a 100% legal no if’s ands or but’s AR15, buy a Preban one and 10 or so externally dated Preban 30 round magazines or a Preban 90 round drum certified by the manufacturer as Preban. The above set up along with a properly set up trust is about as “bulletproof” as it gets in Massachusetts. Alternatively the new IWI Tavor is a well built weapon that Healy (much to her chagrin) had to admit was perfectly legal in Massachusetts.

Since you are the manufacturer, you're free to call it anything you like.

complete description of the firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, including the caliber, make and serial number:

Caliber: .233
Make: Swatgig Bolt Action
Serial_Number:3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609433057270365759591953092186117381932611793105118548074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011949129833673362440656643086021394946395224737190702179860943702770539217176293176752384674818467669405132000568127145263560827785771342757789609173637178721468440901224953430146549585371050792279689258923542019956112129021960864034418159813629774771309960518707211349999998372978049951059731732816096318595024459455346908302642522308253344685035261931188171010003137838752886587533208381420617177669147303598253490428755468731159562863882353787593751957781857780532171226806613001927876611195909216420198

Massive thunder dong manufacturers

Sn 6969

Where are you, definitely lot of wannabes where I am. She and Martin O'malley "debated" the topic by essentially trying to one-up each other for an hour and a half earlier this year at BC. After she called on 2 of us who put the coals to her on the glock issue and then on her "interpretation" of the law (I even had a professor tell me she refused to give me an answer to my question, so I wasn't crazy) she decided it best not to call on any more students and instead call on Jon Rosenthal, who she invited, to go on a rant for the remaining time about how those of us who grilled her wanted dead children. Jon Rosenthal, by the way, is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever met. He's a rude, self-important liar. Don't you dare question his life's work, you have no right lol. Though I'm pretty sure his life's work is getting rich and buying his seat next to important people in special social circles to feel better about being such a cuck.

Mike

That, is in a nutshell is the problem here in the USA.......the disparity of wealth. When I joined the army in the 70’s there were no background checks, there were no magazine restrictions, nor arbitrary lists of what weapon was permissible or not, no gun control to speak of. Yet we still managed to avoid mass shootings and killing each other.
Recently Mr. Bloomberg commented on the private citizen that stopped the mass shooter in the church with his legally owned weapon. He stated that the man should not be allowed to carry a gun and should have left the matter to the police because only law enforcement should be permitted to carry guns. Obviously Mr. Bloomberg missed the Supreme Court ruling regarding Warren vs District of Columbia that essentially stated that the police have no obligation to protect the public.
Mr. Bloomberg made this massively hypocritical statement while surrounded by his private bodyguards who are all armed and are NOT law enforcement. He can make ridiculous double standard statements like that with a straight face because he is wealthy and the laws don’t apply to him. I should add that while mayor of NYC Mr. Bloomberg decided that the public needed the government to help them with purchasing soda. He passed a law prohibiting “Big Gulps” because they were unhealthy. When his final term was over he changed the law so he could serve an additional term. Thank God Mr. Bloomberg is around to bestow his words of wisdom on us. We middle class working stiffs would be lost without him.

That, is in a nutshell is the problem here in the USA.......the disparity of wealth. When I joined the army in the 70’s there were no background checks, there were no magazine restrictions, nor arbitrary lists of what weapon was permissible or not, no gun control to speak of. Yet we still managed to avoid mass shootings and killing each other.
Recently Mr. Bloomberg commented on the private citizen that stopped the mass shooter in the church with his legally owned weapon. He stated that the man should not be allowed to carry a gun and should have left the matter to the police because only law enforcement should be permitted to carry guns. Obviously Mr. Bloomberg missed the Supreme Court ruling regarding Warren vs District of Columbia that essentially stated that the police have no obligation to protect the public.
Mr. Bloomberg made this massively hypocritical statement while surrounded by his private bodyguards who are all armed and are NOT law enforcement. He can make ridiculous double standard statements like that with a straight face because he is wealthy and the laws don’t apply to him. I should add that while mayor of NYC Mr. Bloomberg decided that the public needed the government to help them with purchasing soda. He passed a law prohibiting “Big Gulps” because they were unhealthy. When his final term was over he changed the law so he could serve an additional term. Thank God Mr. Bloomberg is around to bestow his words of wisdom on us. We middle class working stiffs would be lost without him.

Mass shootings and school shootings have happened for a long time. They just were never reported on like they are today.

If you went back in time however you'd think there were more serial killers when you grew up. That's also a false narrative just what was the media flavor of the month.

It's all about what's getting news cycles

This is what I know so far: There is no federal law prohibiting you from completing a 80% AR15 “FOR YOUR OWN USE”. If you put a serial number on it you have turned yourself into a manufacturer which is a FEDERAL offence unless you have the required permits & licenses. Massachusetts law is less clear. Obviously if you complete a AR15 you are in violation of “Healy’s Law” but since that’s not an actual law it may be a non issue. However, if you become the test case for enforcing “Healey’s Law”, be prepared to spend about $500k, perhaps more. Healey has been effective mainly by making everyone afraid of being first. Her so called opinion has created an environment where large online retailers are self imposing even stricter “laws” on themselves to avoid getting on her radar. Recently Cheaper Than Dirt refused to ship an AR15 upper assembly to Massachsetts for no reason except “company policy”, Brownells shipped it 2nd day free of charge for less money. Do your research and support the retailers that support the 2nd Amendment in Massachusetts. Back to 80% weapons, IMHO if the weapon is legal in Massachusetts and you decide to complete an 80% version you are breaking no laws except perhaps it not being specifically listed on the allowed weapons list and of course not registering it should you decide not to. Remember NOT to put a serial number on your completed 80% weapon or face Federal law. The idea of an 80% is to have a weapon with absolutely no record of its existence. Be advised that Healy has been trying to find away to get a list of people that have ordered 80% kits by putting pressure on retailers of these kits. She has been making some progress. So buy with caution. If you must own a 100% legal no if’s ands or but’s AR15, buy a Preban one and 10 or so externally dated Preban 30 round magazines or a Preban 90 round drum certified by the manufacturer as Preban. The above set up along with a properly set up trust is about as “bulletproof” as it gets in Massachusetts. Alternatively the new IWI Tavor is a well built weapon that Healy (much to her chagrin) had to admit was perfectly legal in Massachusetts.

I often wonder if this is the biggest bluff in the world. Would she actually want to try a case over this? What happens if the court decides that it is in fact not legal to enforce this way? I don't doubt the part about how much money it would cost someone, but I think that's part of the bluff.

If anyone does happen to get caught up in this, and if Healey does in fact move forward to trial, then we should start a go fund me and all the gun rights acronym entities should pitch in too.

Oh well my time in this state will be short lived... 2 1/2 about to be done with law school this summer, defiantly not moving back to NY. f*** these Communist I'm moving down south.

Lmfao going from MA to NY is somehow better?

I got some bad news for you....

I tried using 7/0 and was told it’s undefined.

Irrational seems to be what our legislators do best. After the Las Vegas shooting, their “knee jerk” attempt to capitalize on that tragedy was to rush into closed hearings regarding what anti gun legislation they could push through on the backs of the victims. The first draft was worded something like; “Any modification to a firearm that affects the rate of fire is illegal.” This would have made oiling or cleaning your weapon a crime. The final version essentially says bump stocks and trigger cranks are illegal. TRIGGER CRANKS? Damn my Gatling gun is outlawed! They completely missed the most dangerous and possible functional trigger modification that a mass shooter would love to get his hands on and it’s still legal as I write this. Had the Las Vegas shooter had one, the death count would have doubled or tripled, yet they left it out of the legislation. This trigger modification IMHO has no reasonable purpose except as a range toy and for future mass shooters to up their kill ratios. I know some of you will object to my thinking on this issue but if the pro gun and the anti gun people can’t find some middle ground we are doomed to being nit picked to death regarding our 2nd amendment rights. Reasonable compromise and intelligent discussion are required if we are ever going to see smart effective gun laws and get rid of the stupid poorly thought out ones we already have.

I often wonder if this is the biggest bluff in the world. Would she actually want to try a case over this? What happens if the court decides that it is in fact not legal to enforce this way? I don't doubt the part about how much money it would cost someone, but I think that's part of the bluff.

If anyone does happen to get caught up in this, and if Healey does in fact move forward to trial, then we should start a go fund me and all the gun rights acronym entities should pitch in too.
Count me in. I’d back a test case to the hilt. Perhaps GOAL might be interested in pushing this agenda. Jon?
I also wonder why nobody attempted to push back under fair trade law.

Mass shootings and school shootings have happened for a long time. They just were never reported on like they are today.

If you went back in time however you'd think there were more serial killers when you grew up. That's also a false narrative just what was the media flavor of the month.

It's all about what's getting news cycles
I’m certainly not saying shootings didn’t happen but not like they do today. Regarding serial killers vs mass shooters, sorry two different animals.

Irrational seems to be what our legislators do best. After the Las Vegas shooting, their “knee jerk” attempt to capitalize on that tragedy was to rush into closed hearings regarding what anti gun legislation they could push through on the backs of the victims. The first draft was worded something like; “Any modification to a firearm that affects the rate of fire is illegal.” This would have made oiling or cleaning your weapon a crime. The final version essentially says bump stocks and trigger cranks are illegal. TRIGGER CRANKS? Damn my Gatling gun is outlawed! They completely missed the most dangerous and possible functional trigger modification that a mass shooter would love to get his hands on and it’s still legal as I write this. Had the Las Vegas shooter had one, the death count would have doubled or tripled, yet they left it out of the legislation. This trigger modification IMHO has no reasonable purpose except as a range toy and for future mass shooters to up their kill ratios. I know some of you will object to my thinking on this issue but if the pro gun and the anti gun people can’t find some middle ground we are doomed to being nit picked to death regarding our 2nd amendment rights. Reasonable compromise and intelligent discussion are required if we are ever going to see smart effective gun laws and get rid of the stupid poorly thought out ones we already have.
You Are Wrong On Compromise! Dead wrong.

This is what I know so far: There is no federal law prohibiting you from completing a 80% AR15 “FOR YOUR OWN USE”.
If you put a serial number on it you have turned yourself into a manufacturer which is a FEDERAL offence unless you have the required permits & licenses.

The underlined part is incorrect. The BATFE recommends that an individual making a firearm for personal use place an identifying serial number on the home-made gun.

See the BATFE letters near the bottom of that page. Also, some states *require* a serial number on a home-built gun.

Sorry to resurect a thread but at what point can you fill out an eFA-10?

From what I've read on here you must register a "firearm" (gun capable of firing a shot) within 7 days of build completion.

Does the law prevent you from filing one sooner? Say you have a serialized 80% lower in your possession milled out or not, can you efa10 it while it's a stripped lower legally? Does constructive intent/posession cover you the other way around?

Sorry to resurect a thread but at what point can you fill out an eFA-10?

From what I've read on here you must register a "firearm" (gun capable of firing a shot) within 7 days of build completion.

Does the law prevent you from filing one sooner? Say you have a serialized 80% lower in your possession milled out or not, can you efa10 it while it's a stripped lower legally? Does constructive intent/posession cover you the other way around?
why would you register before it's a firearm?

why would you register before it's a firearm?
I’m guessing he is hoping that if it is registered and then banned afterwards he would be grandfathered. Just my guess as to why, but where would you have gotten a serialized lower? I didn’t know they put serial numbers on them. Unless you added that yourself.

I’m guessing he is hoping that if it is registered and then banned afterwards he would be grandfathered. Just my guess as to why, but where would you have gotten a serialized lower? I didn’t know they put serial numbers on them. Unless you added that yourself.
Exactly.

You can buy custom laser engraved 80% lowers with whatever model/serial number you want. It seems like it would be less hassle if you ever are caught with a registered serialized gun vs an unserialized registered gun in MA.

Exactly.

You can buy custom laser engraved 80% lowers with whatever model/serial number you want. It seems like it would be less hassle if you ever are caught with a registered serialized gun vs an unserialized registered gun in MA.
But even if the 80% lower is serialized, how can you register it as a " gun"? One can't stamp a banana with a serial number and register it as a gun (or at least probably shouldn't). It either is or isn't a gun. Can't be both.

But even if the 80% lower is serialized, how can you register it as a " gun"? One can't stamp a banana with a serial number and register it as a gun (or at least probably shouldn't). It either is or isn't a gun. Can't be both.
What; are you afraid that the boys down in Metallurgy
will discover that it's still just an 80% lower?

I think he is thinking it will be like Maura’s BS interpretation. Where as if your lower/firearm was registered it was ok. Again I’m just guessing. Everyone has there own level of comfort.

Every time I see one of these threads I can’t help but think of this scene from The Shawshank Redemption:

Exactly.

Did anyone else read this with squinted eyes?

Bill, the law simply says to efa10 it within seven days of when it can fire a shot. Do that and stop worrying. The direction you're headed is being the center of an ATF/FBI/State/Local gang bang, and your butt is never going to be the same.

Back
Top Bottom