80% lower jig

greencobra

NES Member
a couple of years ago i loaned my jig to someone in work and they have since hit the road and have taken my jig with them. they, and my jig are in the land of the lost. the damn thing cost me $125. anyone care to rent me theirs for a weekend when i'm ready? thought about buying another but i think this is my last one. just thinking aloud, won't really need it until late summer. if you're willing, you can shoot me a pm if you want to keep this private. otherwise feel free to post publicly.

I've been thinking of buying one. Mine would be a one off as well. Go Dutch? Or group buy and pass it around? Anyone else interested?

I’m interested in getting it done sooner rather than later but can’t justify buying a jig that cost more than the lower. Plus, I think it’s a one and done deal for me, so that makes it even harder to justify. A few people (here) have offer to lend one only to have it fall through in the end. My frustration level still hasn’t risen enough to pull the trigger all by myself.

I’m interested in getting it done sooner rather than later but can’t justify buying a jig that cost more than the lower. Plus, I think it’s a one and done deal for me, so that makes it even harder to justify. A few people (here) have offer to lend one only to have it fall through in the end. My frustration level still hasn’t risen enough to pull the trigger all by myself.
So let's get 5 or so people to buy. Ill throw in the drill press. We can take turns

The 5D Tactical looks well thought out and designed, but i think it’s also over $400 all in, so that’s a no for me. Maybe the Andersen? I think it’s not much over $100, but I don’t know anything about it.

The 5D Tactical looks well thought out and designed, but i think it’s also over $400 all in, so that’s a no for me. Maybe the Andersen? I think it’s not much over $100, but I don’t know anything about it.
Let's go with a really nice one . Split it by 5 or so and be happy

80% lowers are like potato chips. No one can do just one. I’m on my ninth. The Router Jig PRO Multiplatform by 5D Tactical will let you complete AR-15, AR-9, AR-45, LR-308 and AR-10 80% lowers. I’ve used mine for 5 AR-15s, an AR-9, a LR-308 and even to make a dedicated lower for my Can Cannon. I’m now working on an LR-308 lower for a 6.5 Creedmoor upper. I figure I only need to do another 10 or so to get my prorated cost down to under $20 per lower.

I’d throw in on this. 👍it would just have to able to handle billet lowers. Some I’ve seen are for forged mil spec only.

I just picked up my first 80% lower from 80% arms. I was attempting to figure out the jig portion. They have a jig called the easy jig. Same price as the 5D tactical. It appears the 5D tactical requires the use of their own End mill. Looking at the write up it looks to be just a short flute end mill bit for rigidity.

I'll toy with the idea of jumping in on this, but other users have been burned before with the tool sharing endeavor.

I wish I saw this last week. I just purchased an Anderson jig because I was cheap. I'm not confident on it's ability to do a billet lower with just a drill press.

Back
Top Bottom