• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

80%ers in RI

carny2k

NES Member
From what i understand you cant buy them in Ri but what's the law if I wanted to bring one in to use at a friends range?

Others probably have better info, but I thought it the law addressed possession of unserialized firearms in the state.

Edit: Here is at least some of the language from a press article:

"The law that Raimondo signed in June prohibits possessing, making or selling guns that lack a unique serial number engraved on the frame or receiver, which is the main part of a gun that holds the rest together."

Others probably have better info, but I thought it the law addressed possession of unserialized firearms in the state.

Edit: Here is at least some of the language from a press article:

"The law that Raimondo signed in June prohibits possessing, making or selling guns that lack a unique serial number engraved on the frame or receiver, which is the main part of a gun that holds the rest together."

thanks. guess they stay home.

What about having a custom "serial number" of your choosing engraved on the plate under the dust cover? Your name and favorite number or whatever.
I was thinking about this but I'm not sure of the legal ramifications. it would no longer be a "ghost gun"

Back
Top Bottom