8 year old stabbed in NY

I would like to say I agree with you, but until you have been in this situation, you don't know how you will react, and even if taking a shot is possible(it wasn't). I don't remember most of it.

Point well taken. I was thinking of these kinds of situations in general, in other words, if it was commonly known that people carried, would these kinds of nutjobs be doing these things so often? You're quite correct - I couldn't say for sure how I react.

Problem with nut jobs, they don't care or consider the consequences of thier actions. In my situation his total focus was on removing the threat(how you consider a 9yr old a girl a threat is another story) he percieved in his own mind. He thought he was right, justified, and it was his mission. Only pure physical force stopped him.

As awful as it may sound, it's actually sometime's a good feeling to know that I have that inside me.

+1

if it was commonly known that people carried, would these kinds of nutjobs be doing these things so often?

Probably. Anyone crazy enough to stab a little kid in the back isn't going to be thinking the way that you or I would. There's also people who aren't mentally unbalanced who simply don't think 5 seconds into the future.

The criminals deterred by the presence of guns are similar to the criminals who don't own a gun because they can't pass a NICS check: they're not the ones you need to be worried about.

Back
Top Bottom