• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8-year-old boy vacationing in New Hampshire finds gun at bottom of lake

commodon

NES Member
Is anyone missing a .357 Magnum?

jackson%20alton%2C%20nh%20gun%204_1565200712742.jpg_16088167_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

ALTON, N.H. - An eight-year-old boy on vacation in Alton, New Hampshire ended up finding a gun at the bottom of Lake Winnipesaukee, according to police chief Ryan Heath.

Jackson was exploring the bottom of the lake on Tuesday when he spotted a glimmer of metal and swam down to grab it. It turned out to be a gun covered with silt and other organic material normally found at the bottom of a lake.

Jackson immediately told his father, who was swimming nearby. Jackson's father placed the gun in a safe spot where his children couldn't get it and then called police.

Heath said the gun Jackson found was stolen from a home in Sanbornton many years ago.

"Despite being submerged for some time, the handgun appeared to be in remarkably good condition," Heath said. "Even though it most likely would not function properly, the gun still maintained the key characteristics of a firearm."

Jackson, his family and the police department wanted to share this story to remind families to talk about gun safety.

"Please talk with your children about what to do if they ever come across a firearm," Heath said. "The method we teach the kids in our schools is to stop, don't touch, run away, and tell an adult."

Heath said if parents ever need help or advice on how to address the subject, they can call the police department.

Heath also had a message for anyone who is thinking about tossing a firearm or deadly weapon they no longer want.

"You never know when a child will stumble across it, just like Jackson did," Heath said. "Thankfully, this gun was not loaded and in no condition to be fired. If the circumstances were diffident this could have had a very tragic ending."

The Alton, New Hampshire police department can be reached at 603-875-0757.

There are a bunch of YouTube channels of people who search lake and river beds for things. They are always finding sunglasses and watched and phones and guns and other assorted things.

Wouldn't be worth it to me. With my luck, it would be tied to a murder and then I would end up the prime suspect. That type of shit I don't need. I buy from licensed dealers and FTF purchases only from people I know very well. Why take a foolish chance?

Just grind out the serial number and run a reamer down the bore.

"Even though it most likely would not function properly"- Because it's a Taurus..........

jackson%20alton%2C%20nh%20gun%204_1565200712742.jpg_16088167_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

ALTON, N.H. - An eight-year-old boy on vacation in Alton, New Hampshire ended up finding a gun at the bottom of Lake Winnipesaukee, according to police chief Ryan Heath.

Jackson was exploring the bottom of the lake on Tuesday when he spotted a glimmer of metal and swam down to grab it. It turned out to be a gun covered with silt and other organic material normally found at the bottom of a lake.

Jackson immediately told his father, who was swimming nearby. Jackson's father placed the gun in a safe spot where his children couldn't get it and then called police.

Heath said the gun Jackson found was stolen from a home in Sanbornton many years ago.

"Despite being submerged for some time, the handgun appeared to be in remarkably good condition," Heath said. "Even though it most likely would not function properly, the gun still maintained the key characteristics of a firearm."

Jackson, his family and the police department wanted to share this story to remind families to talk about gun safety.

"Please talk with your children about what to do if they ever come across a firearm," Heath said. "The method we teach the kids in our schools is to stop, don't touch, run away, and tell an adult."

Heath said if parents ever need help or advice on how to address the subject, they can call the police department.

Heath also had a message for anyone who is thinking about tossing a firearm or deadly weapon they no longer want.

"You never know when a child will stumble across it, just like Jackson did," Heath said. "Thankfully, this gun was not loaded and in no condition to be fired. If the circumstances were diffident this could have had a very tragic ending."

The Alton, New Hampshire police department can be reached at 603-875-0757.[/QUOTE]

Damn, come to think of it, I was a revolver short that day after wading in the pond. I forgot all about it. Someone tell that kid to be a responsible citizen and bring her back home :).

J

Wouldn't be worth it to me. With my luck, it would be tied to a murder and then I would end up the prime suspect. That type of shit I don't need. I buy from licensed dealers and FTF purchases only from people I know very well. Why take a foolish chance?

Really? You think some drug dealer or other such you've never met and have no connection to gets killed and suddenly you become the prime suspect because you have a rusty revolver? Is that really how you think this works?

One of my closest friends grew up on that lake whose a 4th generation there. Dived all over it and when I sent him the link he's pissed he didn't find it treasure diving.

Pre ban Parlor rifle plus FREE lake revolver just posted to the classified.

Back
Top Bottom